Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Youtube

I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/29/2012 3:20 AM, harry wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

It's a Hollywood plot against you. The evil Hollywood corporate spies
are always looking for detractors and they have targeted you because
of your outspoken criticism. I read it on The Onion news site. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Harry must be that strikingly handsome guy
from North Korea?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 11/29/2012 3:20 AM, harry wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It's a Hollywood plot against you. The evil Hollywood corporate spies
are always looking for detractors and they have targeted you because
of your outspoken criticism. I read it on The Onion news site. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/29/2012 4:20 AM, harry wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

Your permanent black cloud is affecting the flow of data. Maybe go
outside once in a while and pet a dog etc...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Honey! Bring the dog in, now!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"George" wrote in message
On 11/29/2012 4:20 AM, harry wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

Your permanent black cloud is affecting the flow of data. Maybe go
outside once in a while and pet a dog etc...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/29/2012 01:20 AM, harry wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

Jiggle all of the cords from the computer to the speaker, and play with
whatever knobs/controls are on the speaker. This will rule out a
mechanical issue.

Beyond that, try different sound sources from your computer, ie a local
file, and compare it to the output from a youtube clip.

You might also try to find a specific youtube clip that is giving you
problems, download it, and see if it still gives you problems when you
play it locally.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 08:39:10 -0500, George
wrote:

On 11/29/2012 4:20 AM, harry wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

Your permanent black cloud is affecting the flow of data. Maybe go
outside once in a while and pet a dog etc...

He bitches about America. Look where he came for advice! I thought
there was a UK group he could ask his question.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 04:20:06 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 11/29/2012 3:20 AM, harry wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

It's a Hollywood plot against you. The evil Hollywood corporate spies
are always looking for detractors and they have targeted you because
of your outspoken criticism. I read it on The Onion news site. ^_^

TDD

To bad Bush did not make his computer IDIOT proof.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/29/2012 4:20 AM, harry wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

Your permanent black cloud is affecting the flow of data. Maybe go
outside once in a while and pet a dog etc...

He bitches about America. Look where he came for advice! I thought
there was a UK group he could ask his question.

Only got one sane reply so far.
No-one seems to have a definitive answer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,

wrote:

On 11/29/2012 4:20 AM, harry wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

Your permanent black cloud is affecting the flow of data. Maybe go
outside once in a while and pet a dog etc...

He bitches about America. Look where he came for advice! I thought
there was a UK group he could ask his question.

Only got one sane reply so far.
No-one seems to have a definitive answer.

Here's a definitive answer: Stop being such a ****ing asshole 95% of the
time, and then when you have a real issue, people might be more inclined
to help you out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 01:20:10 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=choo...w=1600&bih=757
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 30, 2012 12:03:06 PM UTC-5, harry wrote:
Only got one sane reply so far.

No-one seems to have a definitive answer.

Too many possibilities for anyone to give you a definitive answer with so little information.

Assuming you're using windows, you could have spyware taking up too much of your processor time, or any number of relatively legitimate things running in the backgrounds slowing down your sound codec. Google something like "windows task manager" to learn how to check this out (assuming you don't have any particularly sneaky viruses that hide from it.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=choo...e&ie=utf-8&oe=...

Yes, that sounds to be exactly the problem thanks very much.
The issue seems to be complex.
So far I can't even get the uninstaller to work.
(Says it's uninstalled when it hasn't)
I will carry on messing about with it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=choo...e&ie=utf-8&oe=...

Yes, that sounds to be exactly the problem thanks very much.
The issue seems to be complex.
So far I can't even get the uninstaller to work.
(Says it's uninstalled when it hasn't)
I will carry on messing about with it.

I have fixed drivers that wouldn't uninstall by reinstalling them and
then trying to uninstall.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=choo...e&ie=utf-8&oe=...

Yes, that sounds to be exactly the problem thanks very much.
The issue seems to be complex.
So far I can't even get the uninstaller to work.
(Says it's uninstalled when it hasn't)
I will carry on messing about with it.

I have fixed drivers that wouldn't uninstall by reinstalling them and
then trying to uninstall.

I have been doing a bit of research now as another respondent pointed.

There is a problem with the new Adobe Flashplayer in a recent update.
Presumably they will send out a fix.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on
"Youtube"

It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well
ahead of the red.

(WinXP)

Anyone any ideas why & what to do about it?

Spend more money and get the faster service. You will get more water
through a pipe than a straw, and it sounds like you have an el cheapo straw
sized service. And then, according to where you live, that may be all that
is available, and it is time to put up that $$$$$K system that you've always
wanted.

Steve

OTish Youtube. harry UK diy 7 November 25th 12 11:06 AM
YouTube performance Bill[_18_] UK diy 14 July 28th 12 02:17 PM
Youtube harry UK diy 19 May 12th 11 10:40 AM
my youtube busted Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 11 March 13th 11 04:43 PM
Our Shop on YouTube, etc... Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 12 February 8th 08 03:25 PM