Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Our Shop on YouTube, etc...

Neither video at the link is super professional. One is done in house by
our Sr. guy here (the triple spindle tapping) and the other is done by a
customer (OEM) of ours.

If you are offended, scared, or allergic to stuff that might cause someone
to call me and ask about my product, simply ignore this post please. The
multiple spindle units can be mounted on drill press, CNC or milling
machines - or even on a direct motor mount and driven by air or hydraulic
stroke... So I figure this is close enough to on topic to pass the test for
many here. Plus, one of you saw these already and told me to post it so
I'll just use the "he told me to do it!" excuse anyway...

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=autodrill

One question I was asked is whether the units can mill... The answer is
"that depends..." but probably not. The spindles are similar to a drill
press spindle where side loads are not suggested.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Neither video at the link is super professional. One is done in house by our
Sr. guy here (the triple spindle tapping) and the other is done by a customer
(OEM) of ours.

snip

I think for a more exciting video, you could crank up the speed to 6,000 and not
have tap holes in the piece!

You've given me a great idea, I could covertly record one of my people
double-run a brush...they do THAT often enough, and it's exciting!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I think for a more exciting video, you could crank up the speed to 6,000
and not have tap holes in the piece!

Are you suggesting we try to tap a non-existant hole at 6,000 RPM? That
*would* be exciting!

....However, our heads are rated at a maximum of 4,000 RPM so I guess we're
out of luck on that one. G

You've given me a great idea, I could covertly record one of my people
double-run a brush...they do THAT often enough, and it's exciting!

Let us know!
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

If you are offended, scared, or allergic to stuff that might cause someone
to call me and ask about my product, simply ignore this post please.

Hey! It is ON-Topic! :-)

Plus, one of you saw these already and told me to post it
so I'll just use the "he told me to do it!" excuse anyway...

Not very impressive. G
Especially the first video doesn't look that much like being a time-saver.
You were too slow exchanging the parts, lubricating the taps etc. Maybe you
find a different piece and use a fixture to clamp it to show how much time
a multi-spindle can save.

I didn't say that to offend you, it is my impression and maybe that of
future customers.

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If you are offended, scared, or allergic to stuff that might cause
someone
to call me and ask about my product, simply ignore this post please.

Hey! It is ON-Topic! :-)

Sometimes it happens that way...

Plus, one of you saw these already and told me to post it
so I'll just use the "he told me to do it!" excuse anyway...

Not very impressive. G
Especially the first video doesn't look that much like being a time-saver.
You were too slow exchanging the parts, lubricating the taps etc. Maybe
you
find a different piece and use a fixture to clamp it to show how much time
a multi-spindle can save.

I didn't say that to offend you, it is my impression and maybe that of
future customers.

No worries... The customer decided to do it that way. We filmed it for
them. That's how they will do it. If I wanted it to be quick, I'd set you
up with a lead screw tapper and multiple spindle head with enough spindles
for 2 or 3 parts and/or an automatic feeder for the parts and a PLC and prox
sensors to make sure everything was working properly... But that's just off
the top of my head.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

If you are offended, scared, or allergic to stuff that might cause someone
to call me and ask about my product, simply ignore this post please. The
multiple spindle units can be mounted on drill press, CNC or milling
machines - or even on a direct motor mount and driven by air or hydraulic
stroke... So I figure this is close enough to on topic to pass the test for
many here. Plus, one of you saw these already and told me to post it so
I'll just use the "he told me to do it!" excuse anyway...

Gang drills are awesome for the right application. One of our products
where we work are shutters for radiators. Drilling 10 or so holes at once
in a linkage bar, offsetting and drilling again gets the job done fast. I
recently re-did the relay controls in our ancient machine since it was far
easier than trying to figure out the spagittii wiring in place. Much safer
too since I know how the machine works now.

The operator is very happy with my work. It helps having a tech that has
run production at one point in life and can think through how would the user
like this to function.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gang drills are awesome for the right application. One of our products
where we work are shutters for radiators. Drilling 10 or so holes at once
in a linkage bar, offsetting and drilling again gets the job done fast.
recently re-did the relay controls in our ancient machine since it was far
easier than trying to figure out the spagittii wiring in place. Much
safer
too since I know how the machine works now.

1. I presume you are doing 2 or 5 holes at a time and off-setting to finish
the 10 hole process? Or... Two parts?

2. Kudos on the wiring / rebuild. Always good to know how it works if you
depend on it!
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

�It helps having a tech that has
run production at one point in life and can think through how would the user
like this to function.

Wes

Wes

Did you slip him an extra 20 for a quick praise? Or perhaps a 12 pack
of beer?

Bob AZ

PS: Also thanks for referring to the tech as a tech and not a techie.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

� I
recently re-did the relay controls in our ancient machine since it was far
easier than trying to figure out the spagittii wiring in place. �Much safer
too since I know how the machine works now.
Wes

Wes

Few folks recognize how important this is.

Bob AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

[...]

They're pretty cool, but I'm sorry to say that they don't quite compare
to the zillion axis sub spindle "Swiss CNC porn" videos out there for
jaw dropping drool factor

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

They're pretty cool, but I'm sorry to say that they don't quite compare
to the zillion axis sub spindle "Swiss CNC porn" videos out there for
jaw dropping drool factor

Who's got one? I'll loan 'em a multiple spindle head and we can do a joint
venture video...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I think for a more exciting video, you could crank up the speed to 6,000 and
not have tap holes in the piece!

Are you suggesting we try to tap a non-existant hole at 6,000 RPM? That
*would* be exciting!

...However, our heads are rated at a maximum of 4,000 RPM so I guess we're out
of luck on that one. G

You've given me a great idea, I could covertly record one of my people
double-run a brush...they do THAT often enough, and it's exciting!

Let us know!
--

I've got a trophy wall where we screw up the screw-ups. I call it the wall of
shame.

(P.S. I'm learning more about drilling multiple holes than I EVER wanted to
know! The next application I have is going to get dumped in YOUR lap!)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've got a trophy wall where we screw up the screw-ups. I call it the
wall of shame.

I've got one of those... But thankfully, it's relatively small.

(P.S. I'm learning more about drilling multiple holes than I EVER wanted
to know! The next application I have is going to get dumped in YOUR lap!)

I'll be here.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.