Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wire Labels That Can Take the Heat?

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 11/11/2012 3:17 AM, harry wrote:
On Nov 10, 8:50 pm, croy wrote:
Anybody know if there are any write-on, or print-on labels
for wiring that can take the temperature extremes of an
attic, or an exterior load center, in a hot, desert area?

--
croy

Buy some letter punches and make some metal labels.

Dymo has manufactured metal tape for their embossing label makers for many years. ^_^

TDD

I have seem written markers just fade away. Don't know if it heat or uv.

I think I have one of the original dymo metal units. Very nice, but never
used it.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 10, 8:50 pm, croy wrote:
Anybody know if there are any write-on, or print-on labels
for wiring that can take the temperature extremes of an
attic, or an exterior load center, in a hot, desert area?

--
croy

Buy some letter punches and make some metal labels.

Dymo has manufactured metal tape for their embossing label makers for many years. ^_^

TDD

I have seem written markers just fade away. Don't know if it heat or uv.

I think I have one of the original dymo metal units. Very nice, but never
used it.

Greg

I know there is aluminum tape for them and I think I saw a stainless
steel tape for them too able to survive harsh environments. ^_^

TDD