Joe Grassi

Default Heat Wire - Snow Melting

Was wondering with the winter coming up could I make a grid of Heat wire and
wire it all up in series and roll it out on my driveway and use it to melt
the snow and ice and put it on a timer for certain times of the day so its
clear to get in and out?

Thanks,
Joe

Also anyone know any good sources off the internet for purchasing Heat Wire
or High Resistance Cabling?

Goedjn

Was wondering with the winter coming up could I make a grid of Heat wire and
wire it all up in series and roll it out on my driveway and use it to melt
the snow and ice and put it on a timer for certain times of the day so its
clear to get in and out?

The practical answer is "no".
The true answer is "Yes. but . . .".
There are Installation costs, Operating Costs, Maintenance costs,
and unexpected/undesirable side-effect-costs. ALL of them are
high for this application.

http://217.172.161.215/ktml2/images/...ATALKFINAL.pdf

Edwin Pawlowski

"Joe Grassi" wrote in message
Was wondering with the winter coming up could I make a grid of Heat wire
and wire it all up in series and roll it out on my driveway and use it to
melt the snow and ice and put it on a timer for certain times of the day
so its clear to get in and out?

Sure. Hope you have lots of money to pay for the electric.