Posted to alt.home.repair

Default shower oil like drip

There is a black light oil like drip coming out of my shower head.
Before I remove the head for inspection: any ideas as to what this
could be (aside from my private oil rig)?
tia
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
There is a black light oil like drip coming out of my shower head.
Before I remove the head for inspection: any ideas as to what this
could be (aside from my private oil rig)?
tia

Does it smell like sewer crap.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
There is a black light oil like drip coming out of my shower head.
Before I remove the head for inspection: any ideas as to what this
could be (aside from my private oil rig)?
tia

Could be a black rubber washer disintegrating. I've seen them turn to mush.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:43:30 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

There is a black light oil like drip coming out of my shower head.
Before I remove the head for inspection: any ideas as to what this
could be (aside from my private oil rig)?
tia

Could be a black rubber washer disintegrating. I've seen them turn to mush.

I tend to agree, hence, why I had asked it this happens at a sink
faucet.

I use rubber braided flex lines at my water heater. The black rubber
washers are nasty when old ... looks like water from a fire irrigation
black pipe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 12:53:31 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:43:30 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

There is a black light oil like drip coming out of my shower head.
Before I remove the head for inspection: any ideas as to what this
could be (aside from my private oil rig)?
tia

Could be a black rubber washer disintegrating. I've seen them turn to mush.

I tend to agree, hence, why I had asked it this happens at a sink
faucet.

But it could just be the washer in the shower. valve.

I use rubber braided flex lines at my water heater. The black rubber
washers are nasty when old ... looks like water from a fire irrigation
black pipe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 19:34:17 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 19:42:20 -0500, wrote:

There is a black light oil like drip coming out of my shower head.
Before I remove the head for inspection: any ideas as to what this
could be (aside from my private oil rig)?
tia

Does it happen in a sink faucet?

No other faucet

Senior Member

I can't think of anything that would cause a dark oily subatance to drip out of your shower head; not even a black rubber part rotting away inside your plumbing.

I would confirm that the stuff is oil by dabbing it up with a tissue, and then seeing if the stuff evaporates from the tissue. Oil won't evaporate.

Is it possible that you have a central air conditioner in your attic above that bathroom? If so, wipe the underside of the shower arm with a tissue to see if it's dripping OUT of the shower head or leaking down the underside of the shower arm and dripping off the bottom of the shower head.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Nov 5, 4:16*pm, Steve Barker wrote:

There is a black light oil like drip coming out of my shower head.
Before I remove the head for inspection: any ideas as to what this
could be (aside from my private oil rig)?
tia

black gold, texas tea!

The key to remembering how to wire an outlet - black gold.