Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default shower oil like drip

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:43:30 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

There is a black light oil like drip coming out of my shower head.
Before I remove the head for inspection: any ideas as to what this
could be (aside from my private oil rig)?
tia

Could be a black rubber washer disintegrating. I've seen them turn to mush.

I tend to agree, hence, why I had asked it this happens at a sink
faucet.

I use rubber braided flex lines at my water heater. The black rubber
washers are nasty when old ... looks like water from a fire irrigation
black pipe.