Posted to soc.culture.usa,talk.politics.misc,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.home.repair,seattle.politics

Default Spic mother fined $15K for son's graffiti spree

On Nov 3, 11:47*am, "Lead prevents illegal immigration"
wrote:
LAKE FOREST The parent of a teen caught tagging at least 23
sites in the city with gang-related graffiti is on the hook for
$15,000.

Last month a Superior Court judge ordered Lake Forest resident
Maria Gutierrez to pay for acts of vandalism city officials and
Orange County Sheriff's Department deputies said were committed
by her son. He is not being named because officials said it will
compromise investigations into other incidents.

The Oct. 15 ruling is the first since the city beefed up its
graffiti law last year by making parents and teens equally
liable for cleanup, repair, attorney, court and law enforcement
costs.

Gutierrez's son is accused by police of tagging utility poles,
walls and fences, businesses on El Toro Road, and at Heroes Park
and in the Ridge Route pedestrian tunnel. The incidents date
back to April 2010. The city spent at least $5,800 to remove the
vandalism.

"Graffiti is not a harmless crime it is an act of vandalism
that negatively impacts our community," Mayor Kathryn McCullough
said. "When we passed the ordinance a year ago, we wanted to
give the city more tools to combat graffiti and recover costs
for removal, and we're glad to see it's working as intended.

I hope this case serves as a warning to parents, guardians and
youth about the consequences of committing acts of graffiti."

Matt Silver, an attorney representing the city, said this is the
first case where legal action was needed. Gutierrez and her son
were difficult to locate, he added.

Three more cases are in litigation and three others have been
settled, which resulted in thousands being paid to the city. In
the three pending cases, the city is seeking $4,621.64 in
damages. In addition, Silver said he is seeking attorneys' fees
and civil penalties against the taggers.

"It was smart that the city adopted the ordinance to eliminate
this gang graffiti," he said. "This help prevents gang members
from communicating and intimidating the community by marking off
the gang territories."

The city amended its graffiti law which increased penalties
for violations and against repeat offenders because of an
increase in incidents and the rising cost of clean up. In 2009,
the city spent $51,992 dealing with the vandalism. A pilot
program started by the city's police services that year
identified 40 taggers who alone were responsible for $30,000 in
damages.

The amended ordinance allows the city to collect on a judgment
by garnisheeing parents' or teens' salaries, or placing liens on
real property, according to Silver. If no assets exist when the
judgment is made, the city can continue recovery efforts for up
to 10 years.

The new law also characterizes graffiti as a public nuisance.
That allows the city to remove graffiti on private property when
it's visible to the public or to adjoining properties. It also
allows the city to recover removal costs if property owners
don't take care of the graffiti in a reasonable amount of time.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/city-...fiti-gang.html

The mestizo is a toxin loose in America. A bio/cultural disaster.
Every neighborhood, every town, everything they touch goes
to hell.

Yet the vote of these people can decide the Presidency. Interesting
system.
Imagine Halliburton giving a Board of Directors seat to a rep. from
the custodial
staff!
Posted to soc.culture.usa,talk.politics.misc,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.home.repair,seattle.politics

And you are a stupid racist, just as moronic as all the racists before you.

Posted to soc.culture.usa,talk.politics.misc,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.home.repair,seattle.politics

On 11/3/2012 6:20 PM, Bob F wrote:
And you are a stupid racist, just as moronic as all the racists before you.

Bob, could you please define the word "racist"? Most people I hear or
see using the word have no idea what the word means. ^_^

TDD

Posted to soc.culture.usa,talk.politics.misc,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.home.repair,seattle.politics

On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 19:57:28 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 11/3/2012 6:20 PM, Bob F wrote:
And you are a stupid racist, just as moronic as all the racists before you.

Bob, could you please define the word "racist"? Most people I hear or
see using the word have no idea what the word means. ^_^

TDD

Look it up on "dictionary.com" .
Posted to soc.culture.usa,talk.politics.misc,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.home.repair,seattle.politics

wrote:

On 11/3/2012 6:20 PM, Bob F wrote:
And you are a stupid racist, just as moronic as all the racists before you.

Bob, could you please define the word "racist"? Most people I hear or
see using the word have no idea what the word means. ^_^

TDD

Look it up on "dictionary.com" .

You don't get it do you? I want HIS definition because those who are
prone to spew the word "racist" have no idea what the word means or
its proper application to a situation. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/3/2012 6:20 PM, Bob F wrote:
And you are a stupid racist, just as moronic as all the racists before
you.

Bob, could you please define the word "racist"? Most people I hear or
see using the word have no idea what the word means. ^_^

TDD

Look it up on "dictionary.com" .

You don't get it do you? I want HIS definition because those who are prone
to spew the word "racist" have no idea what the word means or
its proper application to a situation. ^_^

TDD

Example of racist: Prez Barry O. He hates all white people, no matter who.
He does not discriminate. He hates equally. Kind of ironic to me.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/3/2012 6:20 PM, Bob F wrote:
And you are a stupid racist, just as moronic as all the racists before
you.

Bob, could you please define the word "racist"? Most people I hear or
see using the word have no idea what the word means. ^_^

TDD

Look it up on "dictionary.com" .

You don't get it do you? I want HIS definition because those who are prone
to spew the word "racist" have no idea what the word means or
its proper application to a situation. ^_^

TDD

Example of racist: Prez Barry O. He hates all white people, no matter who.
He does not discriminate. He hates equally. Kind of ironic to me.

Steve

Sounds a bit bizarre to me. Believe me, I know more than one racist and
racism doesn't apply to Caucasians only. I've come across too many of
them in my lifetime. O_o

TDD

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 11:39:32 -0600, Doug
wrote:

I hate everyone .... does that make me racist g ?

No. It makes you a bigot.

_Bill Cosby - On Prejudice, 1971 _

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9a685jzCg

I worked at the Las Vegas Hilton from 1984 to 1988. I worked at other
hotels in LV from 1980 to 1984. During that time, Cos was appearing at the
Hilton. I dealt with him and his entourage at various Las Vegas hotels. He
was always rude and insolent. So were the majority of his entourage. I was
a parking attendant. He and his entourage would roll in, and take a full
half an hour to disembark their vehicles. Same thing leaving. All that
while normal business was going around them or piling up behind them. Mr.
Cosby nor his entourage tipped. He said publicly that he hated coming to
Las Vegas because everyone had their hands out, expecting money for their
services. Services that they should have gleefully provided, since they
were waitstaff. One shift of workers at the Hilton let his Porsche idle so
long after he dropped it in the middle of the driveway that the engine blew.
We heard about that, but there was no one to fire or punish. Well,
according to the union, anyway.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-04-2012 12:39, Doug wrote:
I hate everyone .... does that make me racist g ?

The only true racist--hates the human race, something that actually
exists. All the others are imaginary constructs, attempting to create
differences that don't exist.

--
Wes Groleau

Daily Hoax: http://www.snopes2.com/cgi-bin/random/random.asp

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012 13:00:24 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I hate everyone .... does that make me racist g ?

Yes. I have said here that I hate people. And in different ethnicities.
But not all persons in the same ethnicity. And some of those ethnicities
just happen to be minorities. What is a racist bigot that hates all kinds
of people?

An old fart?

In a class on prejudice, cultural diversity and something else,
Jackie, (the largest Negro Woman I've ever seen) walked around the
class asking what each class member what they were "prejudice" about.

They all tucked their heads and proclaimed nothing or that they
weren't "prejudice".

Then she got to me. "Oren, what are prejudice about?"

Politely, I said "people!"

After rolling her eyes, she ask why?

Well, it is really simple, I stated: "If I don't like you, I don't
care what color you are."

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Entertainers in real life are often quite different from their public
persona. I was on an airline flight to Nashville back in 1989 when I saw
a passenger who looked familiar. It was Ray Stevens and when a young
girl went up to him and asked for his autograph, he was so nice to her
which made everyone smile and like him that much more. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/4/2012 2:19 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-04-2012 12:39, Doug wrote:
I hate everyone .... does that make me racist g ?

The only true racist--hates the human race, something that actually
exists. All the others are imaginary constructs, attempting to create
differences that don't exist.

I'll never understand people who want to be treated equally then go off
and set themselves apart demanding special consideration for their self
invented classification. O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote

Entertainers in real life are often quite different from their public
persona. I was on an airline flight to Nashville back in 1989 when I saw
a passenger who looked familiar. It was Ray Stevens and when a young girl
went up to him and asked for his autograph, he was so nice to her
which made everyone smile and like him that much more. ^_^

TDD

I worked in Vegas during four different decades. I came into close contact
with many celebrities. Elvis joined a blackjack game I was in on once. He
was delightful. I could tell a lot of stories about a lot of people. Some
were nice, some were rude. Just like the rest of the world, I guess.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 4, 10:31*pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 11/4/2012 2:10 PM, Steve B wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I had a conversation with Lady Diana (Spencer).
She was gorgeous and a lovely temperament.
Charlie must be mad, fancying the Frump over her.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
Example of racist: Prez Barry O. He hates all white people, no
matter who. He does not discriminate. He hates equally. Kind of
ironic to me.

You really are an absolute idiot sometimes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 11/3/2012 6:20 PM, Bob F wrote:
And you are a stupid racist, just as moronic as all the racists
before you.

Bob, could you please define the word "racist"? Most people I hear or
see using the word have no idea what the word means. ^_^

Maybe I didn't choose the best word, but I meant people who hate people with
different skin than theirs or that come from the "wrong" region, as if those are
good reasons for hate. What word would you use?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-04-2012 12:39, Doug wrote:
I hate everyone .... does that make me racist g ?

The only true racist--hates the human race, something that actually
exists. All the others are imaginary constructs, attempting to
create differences that don't exist.

I'll never understand people who want to be treated equally then go
off and set themselves apart demanding special consideration for
their self invented classification. O_o

And you can't see that artificial barriers built by racism made it necessary to
do something to break the barriers down?

As is clearly shown in this forum, racism still exists. Some of the barriers
are gone. Not all of them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-04-2012 12:39, Doug wrote:
I hate everyone .... does that make me racist g ?

The only true racist--hates the human race, something that actually
exists. All the others are imaginary constructs, attempting to
create differences that don't exist.

I'll never understand people who want to be treated equally then go
off and set themselves apart demanding special consideration for
their self invented classification. O_o

And you can't see that artificial barriers built by racism made it necessary to
do something to break the barriers down?

As is clearly shown in this forum, racism still exists. Some of the barriers
are gone. Not all of them.

Bob, what's "racism"? Could you define the word? I hear people using the
word all the time but they seem to have no idea what the word means. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/5/2012 8:30 AM, Bob F wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 11/3/2012 6:20 PM, Bob F wrote:
And you are a stupid racist, just as moronic as all the racists
before you.

Bob, could you please define the word "racist"? Most people I hear or
see using the word have no idea what the word means. ^_^

Maybe I didn't choose the best word, but I meant people who hate people with
different skin than theirs or that come from the "wrong" region, as if those are
good reasons for hate. What word would you use?

You still didn't define the word "racist". ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

By the way, there is no such thing as a "Spic" anymore. People of Spanish
descent are now officially white and have been for about 40 years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 10:10:37 -0800, "David Kaye"
wrote:

People of Spanish
descent are now officially white and have been for about 40 years.

Has anybody informed the Mexicans of this? They get insulted when
calling them Spanish. They are Hispanic and a proud bunch.
Mexicans do not like the Spanish.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Kaye" wrote in message
By the way, there is no such thing as a "Spic" anymore. People of Spanish
descent are now officially white and have been for about 40 years.

Don't get around a lot, eh? Say the word today, and chances are 99% of the
people in the room get the drift. Know whut uh mean, Vern?

Steve