Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default NYC dumpster diving for food

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 11/3/2012 10:04 PM, Gunner wrote:
On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 08:22:51 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 11/3/2012 5:08 AM, Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 12:05:09 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 09:38:26 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 11/2/2012 7:36 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/o...Dive/176839571

After only three days, people without food. Guess they weren't
prepared?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I saw a picture of a crew cleaning out a damaged grocery store and
caned
goods and food in sealed glass jars was being tossed into a
garbage truck. It surprised me that unspoiled, uncontaminated food
was being thrown away. O_o

The chemical, E. coli and coliform levels were too high in the flood
waters to risk contamination under the jar lid- They were even
advising to toss cans if they had been underwater.

Jim

Which..is utter bull****. Simply fill a garbage can with bleach water,
dump in your jars and cans, let em soak for a couple minutes, remove
and let dry..and they will be just fine.

If the cap on a jar is still sealed..still has the depression in
it..the only bugs one needs to worry about are on the outside. So wash
em down and they will be fine.

Gunner

--

Gunner, some folks are just plain silly and if those people so afraid of
a little contamination were to wind up in a life and death survival

TDD

Indeed. Im fascinated by some of the interviews with the Blue Staters
from the effected areas. They obviously have had life far far too easy
and have little common sense. Damned little survival instinct.

Gunner

Here in Alabamastan in 2011 we had a flock of tornadoes come through and
tear the place up. People started calling into the Conservative
talk radio shows offering to help anyone in need. It took off with
good neighbors, businesses and churches springing into action before
any government agencies even woke up. People from up North sent help
and donations too but I sort of doubt it was from the types who are
looting and complaining about the government not helping. The evil,
selfish, rich Conservatives used the radio talk shows as a defacto
clearing house to organize and get assistance to those in need. The
urban stations were busy telling their listeners where to call or go
to get government help. It was an amazing real life demonstration of
the differences in culture and mindset of the people. The circus got
good when FEMA showed up handing out checks and food stamps. ^_^

I worked with a few outreach groups doing IT work (pro bono) there are a lot
of business that donate stale dated food. Which is still good but taste
like sh*t. What most don't know is each and every one takes the full MSRP
off their taxes as a charitable donation. This is not supposition as we
would get the IRS in the office every so often to check on the donation.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Compassion for the less fortunate seems to be in short supply by smug
survialists watching a disaster unfold on television.

Compassion usually involves empathy and assistance for those experiencing
adversity through circumstances not of their making.

On the other hand was the fat lady on TV, arrested for shoplifting, who
said: "If de government would be given me mo' money, I wouldn't have to be
stealin'."

With just a bit of parphasing one could find much the same quote from a few
Wall Street Bankers.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 12:21:34 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

Compassion for the less fortunate seems to be in short supply by smug
survialists watching a disaster unfold on television.

Don't confuse Stormin' with a survivalist.

He's an idiot and a racist.

And those are his good points.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

The folks offering help didn't do it for a tax break, they and the
companies like tree trimming crews volunteered their time. I'm disabled
somewhat so I couldn't join the big help party but I was able to help
my immediate neighbors and give rides to folks who ran out of gas or
needed to get somewhere. I remember the event because I was in the
hospital with pneumonia when the storms and tornadoes hit. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

One old lady in S. Louisiana said 'what don't kill ... fattens. I ain't
dead yet and could afford to lose a few pounds.

Country boys will say that they'll kill it and eat it before it does the
same to them. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

Compassion for the less fortunate seems to be in short supply by smug
survialists watching a disaster unfold on television.

Don't confuse Stormin' with a survivalist.

He's an idiot and a racist.

What's a "racist"? Could you define the word? Most folks I come across
who call someone "racist" don't know what the word means. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

Folk in S. Louisiana make better lovers ... they'll eat anything.

As for me and mine we'll eat anything that won't eat us first and a few
things that will.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

The drill sergeant barked at the recruits, "If it moves **** it, if it
sits still, paint it!" ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default NYC dumpster diving and Stormy's a racist

Racist = person who works hard, and wants to
keep his own money, instead of give it all to the
government. The racist result, is that the Fed has
less of my money to give to people who don't work.
So, they do another QE, and print a bunch more.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
Compassion for the less fortunate seems to be in short supply by smug
survialists watching a disaster unfold on television.

Don't confuse Stormin' with a survivalist.

He's an idiot and a racist.

What's a "racist"? Could you define the word? Most folks I come across
who call someone "racist" don't know what the word means. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

And if it doesn't fit these two qualities, paint it OD green.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

The drill sergeant barked at the recruits, "If it moves **** it, if it
sits still, paint it!" ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Gunner wrote:

Indeed. Im fascinated by some of the interviews with the Blue Staters
from the effected areas. They obviously have had life far far too easy
and have little common sense. Damned little survival instinct.

Said the fat woman in handcuffs: "If de govenmint would gib me mo' money, I
wouldn't be havin' to steal!"

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 13:40:09 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Now let's see if you can define "race"? ^_^

Apparently you will perpetually reject any replies and repeat your
question ad infinitum. Without ever saying what you think it is.
Sorry, too much to do to play your games.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012 06:40:55 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Racist = person who works hard, and wants to
keep his own money, instead of give it all to the
government.

Work hard. Is that like youwalking off a job unfinished when you
couldn't figure out how to install a 4 point lock? Is that like
bitching about customers finding other locksmiths when you say you
will be out sometime, they should just wait for you? Is that like not
helping your sick, elderly parents because you are broke but you can
pay people to mow your lawn and change your tire? Is that like
browbeating an optician into diagnosing the glasses you mail ordered
from China to avoid paying him to make you glasses?

The racist result, is that the Fed has
less of my money to give to people who don't work.
So, they do another QE, and print a bunch more.

So it has nothing to do with placating neighbors with basketballs and
fried chicken or Mexican trees falling on black people then? Seems the
only welfare people you have problems with are those "other" folks.
Bitch all you want about how the government spends the money, but you
seem to think is fine when you and your family get free stuff but not
when it's spent on "those people".
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

Now let's see if you can define "race"? ^_^

Apparently you will perpetually reject any replies and repeat your
question ad infinitum. Without ever saying what you think it is.
Sorry, too much to do to play your games.

No silly, you continue with your P.L.L.C.F. codswallop when I asked you
for your definition of "racist". It's typical of your ilk to deflect
and refuse to answer simple questions. Admission of the correct meaning
of your favorite Politically Incorrect labels for those you oppose in
the arena of political ideology, will prove that you use the words in a
manner that is incorrect. You can never admit that you are wrong and
quite ignorant in the meaning of the language you should be proficient
in. It might lead others to think you're a complete idiot and we can't
have that, now can we? ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 16:12:33 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

It's typical of your ilk to deflect
and refuse to answer simple questions.

Your ilk seems to be perpetually superior and to ask that same simple
question over and over and never tell us dumb sheeple what your
exalted opinion is. Neat trick. You can play superior forever and
never get tested.

of your favorite Politically Incorrect labels

It also seems your ilk wants to morph everything into a political
debate. Have fun.

for those you oppose in the arena of political ideology,

You have zero knowledge of my "political ideology" except what you
have sucked out of some unknown orifice and thin air - in equal
proportions.

you are wrong and quite ignorant

There's that superiority bit again.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

Racist = person who works hard, and wants to
keep his own money, instead of give it all to the
government.

Work hard. Is that like youwalking off a job unfinished when you
couldn't figure out how to install a 4 point lock? Is that like
bitching about customers finding other locksmiths when you say you
will be out sometime, they should just wait for you? Is that like not
helping your sick, elderly parents because you are broke but you can
pay people to mow your lawn and change your tire? Is that like
browbeating an optician into diagnosing the glasses you mail ordered
from China to avoid paying him to make you glasses?

Not only that but he's a hallelujah hand-clappin' top-poster too!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

It's typical of your ilk to deflect
and refuse to answer simple questions.

Your ilk seems to be perpetually superior and to ask that same simple
question over and over and never tell us dumb sheeple what your
exalted opinion is. Neat trick. You can play superior forever and
never get tested.

of your favorite Politically Incorrect labels

It also seems your ilk wants to morph everything into a political
debate. Have fun.

for those you oppose in the arena of political ideology,

You have zero knowledge of my "political ideology" except what you
have sucked out of some unknown orifice and thin air - in equal
proportions.

you are wrong and quite ignorant

There's that superiority bit again.

You still never correctly answered my question. I do feel sorry for you
and harbor no ill will. Perhaps one day you will realize how wrong you
are about the world around you and strive to improve yourself. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

You still never correctly answered my question.

Your ilk seems to be perpetually superior and to ask that same simple
question over and over and never tell us dumb sheeple what your
exalted opinion is. Neat trick. You can play superior forever and
never get tested.

Perhaps one day you will realize how wrong you
are about the world around you and strive to improve yourself. ^_^

There's that superiority bit again.

Oh come on Winston, go for some self improvement or remedial education
courses. You still never correctly answered my question. I learned a
long time ago that everyone has different talents. I love music and I'm
not a musician but I can fix the musician amplifier. I like military jet
planes but I'm not a fighter pilot or would I ever qualify with my
eyesight. That doesn't keep me from learning about them. Don't worry,
there may be hope for you yet. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

HeyBub wrote:

About what percentage of London is African-American?

I'd guess about .0001%. However, over 10% are Carribean or African blacks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You mean my posts won't appear on one
computer, in one room, in one building? I'm
mortally wounded,and I'm going to cry for
a week. Well, maybe not a week.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

**** PLONK ****

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Felix wrote:

Dumpster diving is pretty common in NY, it doesn't take a storm.

Speaking of, I had walked out of a gas station. Heard this cry for
help coming from behind a fenced in area, where the dumpster is kept.
Skeptical, I walked over cautiously thinking it may be a set up to
get me mugged! Anyways, a woman said please help me. She was in the
dumpster, there were some crates in front of the dumpster. She was a
VERY large woman, probably 350lbs +, stuck in the dumpster. Apparently she
was trying to retrieve cardboard boxes, reached in too
far, and fell in, and noway to get out.

I let the fire dept handle it, didn't want to get dragged in there,
she might have eaten me!

The Federal Government is on the case.

Emergency regulations promulgated by FEMA now require dumpster owners to
post a sign on their dumpsters listing the dumpster's contents with regard
to edible items, clothing, and other emergency needs. This should eliminate
the kind of problem you encountered.

Further, OSHA has taken it upon itself to issue similar regulations
regarding the ADA - Americans with Disabilities Act. When a dumpster
contains victuals or other needed items, it will be incumbent on the
dumpster owner to provide a wheel-chair accessible ramp.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

The Federal Government is on the case.

Emergency regulations promulgated by FEMA now require dumpster owners to
post a sign on their dumpsters listing the dumpster's contents with regard
to edible items, clothing, and other emergency needs. This should eliminate
the kind of problem you encountered.

You forgot to mention that the "Menu" must include calories, fat and
sodium content.

the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

The Federal Government is on the case.

Emergency regulations promulgated by FEMA now require dumpster
owners to post a sign on their dumpsters listing the dumpster's
contents with regard to edible items, clothing, and other emergency
needs. This should eliminate the kind of problem you encountered.

You forgot to mention that the "Menu" must include calories, fat and
sodium content.

You may be right; I didn't read that far.

Wonder if the California dumpsters have to include cancer-warning posters?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 15:53:00 -0500, "NotMe" wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 11/2/2012 7:36 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/o...Dive/176839571

After only three days, people without food. Guess they weren't prepared?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

I saw a picture of a crew cleaning out a damaged grocery store and caned
goods and food in sealed glass jars was being tossed into a
garbage truck. It surprised me that unspoiled, uncontaminated food
was being thrown away. O_o

Following Katrina some food stores (Wal Mart) told folk to take what they
needed/could use. Down side on the can goods ... no labels.

A few in the media and a lot of the far right claimed it was 'looting'.

I wonder how that 50" TV tasted.

Friends who are in the insurance adjusting business mentioned that much of
their looting claims came from merchants that were flooded out. Odd
coincidence that.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 11:55:11 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

The Federal Government is on the case.

Emergency regulations promulgated by FEMA now require dumpster owners to
post a sign on their dumpsters listing the dumpster's contents with regard
to edible items, clothing, and other emergency needs. This should eliminate
the kind of problem you encountered.

You forgot to mention that the "Menu" must include calories, fat and
sodium content.

Make sure there are no cups larger than 16oz.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote in message
[...]

As I said many of the claims for looting were from merchants that were also
flooded. Funny but some only had looting on the first floors but none on
the second ... that was unless the water was really high.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

In article , "NotMe"
wrote:

As I said many of the claims for looting were from merchants that were also
flooded. Funny but some only had looting on the first floors but none on
the second ... that was unless the water was really high.

Just out of curiosity do you have anything other than the ramblings of
an adjuster or two to back this up?
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe