Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Monroe County, NY, day four

County Name: MONROE, New York, USA
Number of Customers Served: 282359
Number of Customers Out: 3875
Percent of Customers Out: 1.37%

Still plenty of people without power. Mine has been
on, all through. And, I'm thankful. Lack of power
makes for a cold house (been in the forties, lately)
and also medical problems. No insulin, oxygen
concentrator, Cpap, etc....

If you havn't yet got backup power, please give
the matter some attention. I've been bone chill
cold inside my own home. It's no fun at all. Even
portable heaters don't do much.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Still plenty of people without power. Mine has been
on, all through. And, I'm thankful. Lack of power
makes for a cold house (been in the forties, lately)
and also medical problems. No insulin, oxygen
concentrator, Cpap, etc....

If you havn't yet got backup power, please give
the matter some attention. I've been bone chill
cold inside my own home. It's no fun at all. Even
portable heaters don't do much.

So let me get this straight.

You've got power, you've never lost your power, and yet you're chilled
to the bone inside your home.

WTF?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 20:07:45 -0400, Home Guy wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Still plenty of people without power. Mine has been
on, all through. And, I'm thankful. Lack of power
makes for a cold house (been in the forties, lately)
and also medical problems. No insulin, oxygen
concentrator, Cpap, etc....

If you havn't yet got backup power, please give
the matter some attention. I've been bone chill
cold inside my own home. It's no fun at all. Even
portable heaters don't do much.

So let me get this straight.

You've got power, you've never lost your power, and yet you're chilled
to the bone inside your home.

WTF?

Stormin' is our drama queen. Says he is a survivalist but no two
things he says go together. And none of them make the simplest
practical sense. Still, he's more amusing than what's on TV.

I also see he's back to crossposting to unrelated groups and of
course, still top posting.

In his defense, I think he meant bone cold in his home some time in
the past. But with him, who knows.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 02/11/12 09:09, Stormin Mormon wrote:
County Name: MONROE, New York, USA
Number of Customers Served: 282359
Number of Customers Out: 3875
Percent of Customers Out: 1.37%

Still plenty of people without power. Mine has been
on, all through. And, I'm thankful. Lack of power
makes for a cold house (been in the forties, lately)
and also medical problems. No insulin, oxygen
concentrator, Cpap, etc....

Yep, people with problems are often just waiting to die and Sandy was a
convenient time. OTOH, it is easy to make provisions to overcome the
lack of electricity. Especially with the notice given for Sandy.

For storing insulin, any icebok,with frozen containes in the bottom, a
couple of layers of newspaper/towls and insulin on the top layer. Add a
max/min thermoneter and you can check the temperature range. Actually
analog max/mins cost about the same price as a digital man/min with a1
metre/1 yard remote sensor tail(two readings given) so you don't even
have to open the icebox to check temperature range.

Even a wide mouth thermos works well. A yank guy rode his bicycle across
northern Australia from coastto coast using just that and topping up
with ice at each pub/bar at the end of the day.

If you are one a *PAP, a deep discharge battery to start. some *PAPs
will run direclty off 12v batteries. it is the HEATED humidifier that is
the problem directly. Otherwise, the decades tested battery and inverter
method. Hin, get a quality multi-stage battery charger,

I'm not sure of the power demands of oxygen concentrators. Worse case is
you need a generator and a long lead. OTOH, emergency fund to rent a
medical oxygen cylinder for a period?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Monroe County, NY, day five

Day five:

County Name: MONROE
Number of Customers Served: 282359
Number of Customers Out: 1481
Percent of Customers Out: 0.52%

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Day Four:
County Name: MONROE, New York, USA
Number of Customers Served: 282359
Number of Customers Out: 3875
Percent of Customers Out: 1.37%

Still plenty of people without power. Mine has been
on, all through. And, I'm thankful. Lack of power
makes for a cold house (been in the forties, lately)
and also medical problems. No insulin, oxygen
concentrator, Cpap, etc....

If you havn't yet got backup power, please give
the matter some attention. I've been bone chill
cold inside my own home. It's no fun at all. Even
portable heaters don't do much.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
"Rex Mundi" wrote

You've narrowed down your location in upstate New York. Monroe Co. is
250 miles from the coast, butting up against Lake Ontario. I imagine
you got some weather from the storm but not the devastation incurred
by the more coastal regions.

http://www.chrisyoungsshop.com/wordpress/
Chris Young’s Shop
309 Dale Drive, Farmington NY,, 14425

You know, it's nice to meet people with imagination.

Ducking the issue of your location. You are a wannabe survivalist,
remote from the tragedy, posting like you know something about it and
are in the thick of it.