Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Happy 100th birthday Bill Monroe

Living right.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote the following:
Living right.

I know the name, but I wasn't a country music fan back then, but I have
been since cRap music took over.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/12/2011 9:33 PM, Robatoy wrote:
Living right.

Not for the last 15 years ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/12/2011 10:10 PM, willshak wrote:
Robatoy wrote the following:
Living right.

I know the name, but I wasn't a country music fan back then, but I have
been since cRap music took over.

"Bluegrass"

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 12, 11:30*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 9/12/2011 9:33 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Living right.

Not for the last 15 years ...

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

True.. he hasn't played live for a while now.... still alive in so
many ways. I mean, to have an entire music category named after one
man's band?

And when a bird sings a Beatle tune, and you can STILL hear Monroe?
Astounding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v125-KulrB4

Posted to rec.woodworking

WARNING!!
Listening to this music may cause visions of anal sex and/or you may
lose brain cells!

It's no wonder this group gives these responses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v125-KulrB4

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/13/2011 8:19 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Sep 12, 11:30 pm, wrote:
On 9/12/2011 9:33 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Living right.

Not for the last 15 years ...

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

True.. he hasn't played live for a while now.... still alive in so
many ways. I mean, to have an entire music category named after one
man's band?

And when a bird sings a Beatle tune, and you can STILL hear Monroe?
Astounding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v125-KulrB4

Hank Williams and Bill Monroe, 'one-of-kinds' who transcend all medium.
Both were the epitome of "soul" before the concept was usurped.

You might also throw Bob Marley in there ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 12, 11:30 pm, *wrote:
On 9/12/2011 9:33 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Living right.

Not for the last 15 years ...

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

True.. he hasn't played live for a while now.... still alive in so
many ways. I mean, to have an entire music category named after one
man's band?

And when a bird sings a Beatle tune, and you can STILL hear Monroe?
Astounding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v125-KulrB4

Hank Williams and Bill Monroe, 'one-of-kinds' who transcend all medium.
Both were the epitome of "soul" before the concept was usurped.

You might also throw Bob Marley in there ...

Isn't reggae Jamaican bluegrass? G

Posted to rec.woodworking

Puke!

Isn't reggae Jamaican bluegrass? G

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 13, 10:09*am, "m II" wrote:
Puke!

"Robatoy" *wrote in message

Isn't reggae Jamaican bluegrass? G

As much as I would like to continue having a conversation at the level
you have established, I would instead prefer that you would go ****
yourself.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 09:29:49 -0400, "m II" wrote:
WARNING!!
Listening to this music may cause visions of anal sex and/or you may
lose brain cells!

Guess you've experienced both these facts so you should know.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
,
Robatoy wrote:

Living right.

Not since 1996... But a centenary worth celebrating!

Love the "high and lonesome sound"!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 13, 12:40*pm, Dave Balderstone
wrote:
In article
,

Robatoy wrote:
Living right.

Not since 1996... But a centenary worth celebrating!

Love the "high and lonesome sound"!

And the story tellin' that comes along with it....
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/12/2011 8:30 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 9/12/2011 9:33 PM, Robatoy wrote:
Living right.

Not for the last 15 years ...

Wandered in here to see if Bill Monroe had gotten his due from the rec.
Wasn't disappointed. For the uninitiated or the devotees, I might
recommend giving a listen to WAMU (Washington, DC) or at
http://bluegrasscountry.org/.

For several years I was flying to NASA HQ 2 or 3 times a month and WAMU
was always a good listen on the drive from Dulles to Greenbelt MD.

mahalo,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/13/2011 11:47 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Sep 13, 12:40 pm, Dave Balderstone
wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
Living right.

Not since 1996... But a centenary worth celebrating!

Love the "high and lonesome sound"!

And the story tellin' that comes along with it....

Ahh, the stories. I met Bill Monroe backstage a number times, and worked
with some of his band mates, Charlie Cline and Kenny Baker in the studio.

Somewhere in my vast audio archives I've got some great, between takes,
open mic banter with Charlie on tape (I always left the tape rolling the
entire session, no matter what). He was always in a hurry to get home
and his "C'mon boys, let's (get this done and) get back to Maggie
Valley!" might have made it on a release about twenty years ago.

Can't believe all these guys are gone, Charlie, Kenny, Uncle Josh
Graves, Vassar. SOB ... seems like just yesterday. I'm getting old ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

Can't believe all these guys are gone, Charlie, Kenny, Uncle Josh
Graves, Vassar. SOB ... seems like just yesterday. I'm getting old ...

Yeah, I'm dreading the day Doc Watson acsends. IMHO, the finest
acoustic flatpicker ever.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Sep 13, 10:09 am, "m II" wrote:
Puke!

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Isn't reggae Jamaican bluegrass? G

As much as I would like to continue having a conversation at the level
you have established, I would instead prefer that you would go ****
yourself.

I like that and will be plagiarizing it! (With mods suitable for the pinhead
requiring it)

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
,
Robatoy wrote:

On Sep 13, 12:40*pm, Dave Balderstone
wrote:
In article
,

Robatoy wrote:
Living right.

Not since 1996... But a centenary worth celebrating!

Love the "high and lonesome sound"!

And the story tellin' that comes along with it....

You know it!

Been listening to The Steeldrivers lately... And The Forge Mountain
Diggers... Delicious music.

And, of course, David Grisman....
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Lobby Dosser

How many bricks can a brick breaker break when a brick breaker breaks
bricks?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 12, 11:10*pm, willshak wrote:
Robatoy wrote the following:

Living right.

I know the name, but I wasn't a country music fan back then, but I have
been since cRap music took over.

I'd rather hear a 90-some year old mandolin player shred
Molly and Tenbrooks than some teenager fresh off the
streets utter a string of cuss words that he somehow
thinks is novel and original.