Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Now that Halloween is over...........

On Nov 1, 8:08*am, wrote:
Now that Halloween is over...........
We only got the election to look forward to !!!!!!

Halloween = FUN
Election = BORING

On second thought, we dont have anything to look forward to...
(at least till Thanksgiving).

Do the Indians look forward to thanksgiving?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Election. Trick, or trick. We have a choice for President, between a foreign
born Marxist, or a Massachussets Liberal. Both hard left.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
Now that Halloween is over...........
We only got the election to look forward to !!!!!!

Halloween = FUN
Election = BORING

On second thought, we dont have anything to look forward to...
(at least till Thanksgiving).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 1, 4:27*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Election. Trick, or trick. We have a choice for President, between a foreign
born Marxist, or a Massachussets Liberal. Both hard left.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

It is a sad commentary that elections choose the lesser destroyer
between two terrible choices instead of the better builder from two
great choices.

People say they want one thing, then voting results reward the
opposite. The reward/punishment system for our democratic system has a
glitch somewhere.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You do realize, the main stream media focusses so much on race, that they
(the MSM) are getting annoying.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Moe DeLoughan" wrote in message

AP poll: U.S. majority have prejudice against blacks

....In all, 51% of Americans now express explicit anti-black attitudes,
compared with 48% in a similar 2008 survey. When measured by an
implicit racial attitudes test, the number of Americans with
anti-black sentiments jumped to 56%, up from 49% during the last
presidential election. In both tests, the share of Americans
expressing pro-black attitudes fell.

"As much as we'd hope the impact of race would decline over time ...
it appears the impact of anti-black sentiment on voting is about the
same as it was four years ago," said Jon Krosnick, a Stanford
University professor who worked with AP to develop the survey.

Most Americans expressed anti-Hispanic sentiments, too. In an AP
survey done in 2011, 52% of non-Hispanic whites expressed
anti-Hispanic attitudes. That figure rose to 57% in the implicit test.
The survey on Hispanics had no past data for comparison.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...erica/1662067/

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm a small business owner. If I had the work (like during the Reagan years,
when I hired help, and expanded) I'd prefer to hire a legal gun owner. Why?
Cause the vast majority of legal gun owners are very kind and peaceful.
Don't believe me? Visit a gun show. I do, and I'm safer there than in victim
disarmanent zone, like theatres. Or, like NYC or Wash DC where legal
citizens right to keep and bear arms has been infringed.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Moe DeLoughan"
wrote in message ...

Seriously. You know who you need to start worrying about? Your
employers. Think about all you disgruntled guns nuts who, upon getting
fired or laid off, have walked into your bosses' offices and opened
up. The companies are worried about this. There's something they can
do that is easy, cheap, and perfectly legal: find out who you are and
target you as risks. Refuse to hire you, find reasons to let you go.
Nowadays, with all the information gathered and aggregated about what
your interests are, what you own, what you buy, what groups you belong
to - heck, it's child's play to figure out who has the guns. Blacklist.

And the beauty of it is, it's not the gov't deeming you an
unacceptable risk - it's the employers. You DO support their right to
hire and fire at will, don't you?

See you on the unemployment line.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't hold with the "racism is defined as hating blacks" theory. I've
known more blacks who hate whites, than I do whites who hate blacks.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Douglas C. Neidermeyer"
wrote in message

"As much as we'd hope the impact of race would decline over time ... it
appears the impact of anti-black sentiment on voting is about the same
as it was four years ago," said Jon Krosnick, a Stanford University
professor who worked with AP to develop the survey.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...erica/1662067/

Yadda, yadda, yadda. "Racism" and "prejudice" are emotionally charged
terms reflecting the basic human and animal trait called ethnocentrism.
In short, we are most comfortable with folks or critters just like
ourselves and prefer to be with them. We dislike/avoid/shun those that
are different. We're hard-wired that way-- it's an adaptive survival
thing like fleeing from danger and threats.

The libbies have turned trying to undo this simple
sociological/psychological characteristic into their life's work.

--
If politicians would spend more time screwing hookers and less time
screwing taxpayers we would all be much better off -- hookers included.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On Nov 1, 8:08 am, wrote:
Now that Halloween is over...........
We only got the election to look forward to !!!!!!

Halloween = FUN
Election = BORING

On second thought, we dont have anything to look forward to...
(at least till Thanksgiving).

Do the Indians look forward to thanksgiving?

Our Halloween night is this Saturday. It's still coming.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Election. Trick, or trick. We have a choice for President, between a
foreign
born Marxist, or a Massachussets Liberal. Both hard left.

While it's true that Mitt Romney was not born in the USA, the law at the
time stated that children of American citizens would be considered citizens.
One wonder, though, whether Romney's allegiance is to the USA, toward
Panama, or toward the Mormon church. Do we really want a non-Christian
religious cult member in the White House?

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Kaye wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Election. Trick, or trick. We have a choice for President, between a
foreign
born Marxist, or a Massachussets Liberal. Both hard left.

While it's true that Mitt Romney was not born in the USA, the law at
the time stated that children of American citizens would be
considered citizens. One wonder, though, whether Romney's allegiance
is to the USA, toward Panama, or toward the Mormon church. Do we
really want a non-Christian religious cult member in the White House?

Mitt Romney was born in Detroit. Detroit is in the state of Michigan, which,
in turn, is part of the continental United States. Michigan was the 26th
state to join the union and did so in 1837.

Another question: Do we really want to pay attention to someone promulgating
clearly erroneous - but easily checkable - information?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 02:37:09 -0700, "David Kaye"
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Election. Trick, or trick. We have a choice for President, between a
foreign
born Marxist, or a Massachussets Liberal. Both hard left.

While it's true that Mitt Romney was not born in the USA, the law at the
time stated that children of American citizens would be considered citizens.
One wonder, though, whether Romney's allegiance is to the USA, toward
Panama, or toward the Mormon church. Do we really want a non-Christian
religious cult member in the White House?

Not me .......

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:k734ig
:

There is a fantastic woman from
here in Birmingham,

You live in Alabama? That explains a lot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/3/2012 8:51 AM, MiniMouse wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in news:k734ig
:

There is a fantastic woman from
here in Birmingham,

You live in Alabama? That explains a lot.

Half my relatives are in the area that was hit by the storm. My late
mother was from Brooklyn New York so I'm everyone's cousin, even yours. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 02:37:09 -0700, "David Kaye"
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Election. Trick, or trick. We have a choice for President, between a
foreign
born Marxist, or a Massachussets Liberal. Both hard left.

While it's true that Mitt Romney was not born in the USA, the law at the
time stated that children of American citizens would be considered citizens.
One wonder, though, whether Romney's allegiance is to the USA, toward
Panama, or toward the Mormon church. Do we really want a non-Christian
religious cult member in the White House?

Panama? Once again you demonstrate that you have no ****ing clue what
you're talking about. Romney was born in Michigan. His father was
the governor. what a frappin' moron

Posted to alt.home.repair

PeterD wrote:

Mitt Romney was born in Detroit. Detroit is in the state of Michigan,
which, in turn, is part of the continental United States. Michigan
was the 26th state to join the union and did so in 1837.

Another question: Do we really want to pay attention to someone
promulgating clearly erroneous - but easily checkable - information?

Mitt needs to divulge his birth certificate.

I guess he could, but as he said in one rally: "No one has ever asked for my
birth certificate."

Posted to alt.home.repair

NRA guys are usually the ones defending
life and property. It's the criminals to be
feared. I'd prefer to work with NRA guys,
any day. Much, much safer.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Why would they let a "disgruntled guns nut" go if they thought (s)he
were going to come back and "open up"? Keep your friends close and
your enemies closer.

Proudly display your NRA membership and you might just keep your job a
bit longer than an anti-gun employee.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 6, 3:56*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
NRA guys are usually the ones defending
life and property. It's the criminals to be
feared. I'd prefer to work with NRA guys,
any day. Much, much safer.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Why would they let a "disgruntled guns nut" go if they thought (s)he
were going to come back and "open up"? Keep your friends close and
your enemies closer.

Proudly display your NRA membership and you might just keep your job a
bit longer than an anti-gun employee.

But it's typically not "criminals" that go back to the workplace and
put a cap in their coworkers after getting laid off.

I'm not saying it's NRA guys either, but it's obviously those with
access to a gun.

Of course, none of that was the point of my post. It was the wording
used by "Moe".

If a boss is worried about the gun lovers being a risk because they
come back with guns a-blazing after getting laid off, why would the
boss start looking for reasons to let them go? Wouldn't that simply be
setting themselves up to get shot? That seems somewhat counter
productive.