Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hurricane Supply Kit

gregz wrote:

The water in the toilet tank should be drinkable, as well as the 50
gallons you ran in the bathtub just before the emergency...

You could probable treat the water with the clorox you have at hand,
and know treatment amounts, without looking on Internet.

I heard that putting questionable water in a clear, disposable bottle and
leaving it in the sun for a day will sterilize it.

I'm pretty sure that's reasonable, but haven't verified the process.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"David Kaye" wrote:

But regardless, the fact is that no God worth his weight in gold is
punishing us for our heathen ways. I keep bringing this up because people
LOVE to laugh at San Francisco and tell us that God is going to do bad
things to us. But God seems to do bad things to everyone ELSE.

By the way, the Giants have now won the 3rd game in the World Series. Just
one more to go.

.... And you don't view that as God doing bad things (grin)?
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote:
gregz wrote:

The water in the toilet tank should be drinkable, as well as the 50
gallons you ran in the bathtub just before the emergency...

You could probable treat the water with the clorox you have at hand,
and know treatment amounts, without looking on Internet.

I heard that putting questionable water in a clear, disposable bottle and
leaving it in the sun for a day will sterilize it.

I'm pretty sure that's reasonable, but haven't verified the process.

Swimming pools don't work to well in the sun.

I would not trust puddles of water either.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kurt Ullman" wrote

... And you don't view that as God doing bad things (grin)?

Well, some people set a fire in the street while celebrating the victory,
but otherwise no problems. The Giants victory parade will take place
Wednesday, Halloween, at 11am. Giants colors are already orange and black,
so we're already set, as Godless heathens go...

The eye of the hurricane - Eye of the hurricane.JPG John Fields Electronic Schematics 45 February 1st 10 12:43 AM
Hurricane Ike Al Patrick Metalworking 0 September 19th 08 02:37 AM
Hurricane Wilma twfsa Home Repair 1 October 28th 05 11:39 PM
Hurricane aftermath Arch Woodturning 9 September 20th 04 06:50 AM
Hurricane Juan chem Metalworking 1 September 30th 03 12:05 AM