Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Phone update

I bought one of these:
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/dev...e-prepaid.html
It turns out that it is more functional than I expected. Even if you
don't buy a data package you can use ATT network (for free).
This means you can use it at most public places (for free).

I currently bought a 10 buck package that costs a dime per min flat.

It has a pretty good mp3 player (for free). It has a camera (for
free) not as good as I had hoped, but useful.
http://imgur.com/aaRiy

So for 10 bucks per month, you can have a smart phone with the only
hitch being that you have to use the smart phone features in a public
place or at home.

So, from my home, I can get (voice) directions to Atlanta Hospital.
From Atlanta Hospital I can get (voice) directions to the next place
in Atlanta and from there, get (voice) directions home (for free).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:49:55 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

I bought one of these:
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/dev...e-prepaid.html
It turns out that it is more functional than I expected. Even if you
don't buy a data package you can use ATT network (for free).
This means you can use it at most public places (for free).

I currently bought a 10 buck package that costs a dime per min flat.

It has a pretty good mp3 player (for free). It has a camera (for
free) not as good as I had hoped, but useful.
http://imgur.com/aaRiy

So for 10 bucks per month, you can have a smart phone with the only
hitch being that you have to use the smart phone features in a public
place or at home.

So, from my home, I can get (voice) directions to Atlanta Hospital.
From Atlanta Hospital I can get (voice) directions to the next place
in Atlanta and from there, get (voice) directions home (for free).

Opps. This part can not be right. You can get text directions, but
since the GPS will not work if you are not on the network voice
directions won't happen.