Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TomTom won't stick

It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in :

It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

Diamond drill,and an M4 bolt and nut.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:32:54 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Clean it- then put it on one of these-
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...6/product.html

Makes it a lot easier to toss under your seat when you park at the
mall-- and it doesn't leave that ring on your windshield that says
'break in and look under the seat'.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote:
It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

I use spit.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote:
It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

I use one if these for my Garmin GPS. There are adaptors for a couple of
different TomTom models.

http://www.bracketron.com/gps-vent-m...h-gps-adapters

My mount allows the power to be connected to the mount so that my Garmin
powers up as soon as I clip it in.

I also have one of these for my cell phone, but I have to plug the power
into phone manually.

http://www.bracketron.com/mobile-docking-kit

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:32:54 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

Damn, I thought everyone knew to use Duct Tape for **** like this!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/2012 10:32 PM, Steve B wrote:
It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

One of ours was doing the same thing. I searched for replacements and
bought a clone for around $20. It looks just like the tomtom version
except it has a little lever on the base that pulls the disc out
creating a much better seal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/2012 10:32 PM, Steve B wrote:
It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

Get a beanbag dashboard mount.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/20/2012 07:22 AM, Frank wrote:
On 9/18/2012 10:32 PM, Steve B wrote:
It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

Get a beanbag dashboard mount.

I've had one of those. It works as long as I don't expect it to stay
when the car is moving. Maybe if it weighed a few hundred pounds...

I use a suction cup mount with a little metal base that's stuck to the
dashboard with some really strong tape (you leave the base there). The
suction cup stays on there for more than a day. It's not too much work
to reattach it daily when needed.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and
to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and
his children smart." -- H.L. Mencken
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 20, 11:07*pm, Me wrote:
wrote :

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:32:54 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

It keeps falling off my windshield. *Anything I can do? *It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

Damn, I thought everyone knew to use Duct Tape for **** like this!!!

I set mine on the passenger seat.

The passenger doesn't mind?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/20/2012 5:05 AM, George wrote:
On 9/18/2012 10:32 PM, Steve B wrote:
It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

One of ours was doing the same thing. I searched for replacements and
bought a clone for around $20. It looks just like the tomtom version
except it has a little lever on the base that pulls the disc out
creating a much better seal.

you can get the same thing on ebay for about $1.50.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21 Sep 2012 03:07:36 GMT, Me wrote:

wrote in
:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:32:54 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

Damn, I thought everyone knew to use Duct Tape for **** like this!!!

I set mine on the passenger seat.

I threw mine in the garbage. TomTom GPS's are garbage. Or maybe they
all are. I've been driving for over 40 years using free maps from the
local DMV. I dont need some costly piece of electronic crap nagging me,
particularly when the directions are often wrong. After my TomTom ONE
caused me to waste at least $30 worth of gas, and hours of time, I
deposited it in a dumpster at some gas station, after taking a hammer to
it. I will never buy another GPS.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:11:21 -0500, wrote:

I will never buy another GPS.

Nym-shifted again. Who would believe you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

You sure you didn't hurt its feelings with
that hammer treatment? GPS are very sensetive.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

Damn, I thought everyone knew to use Duct Tape for **** like this!!!

I set mine on the passenger seat.

I threw mine in the garbage. TomTom GPS's are garbage. Or maybe they
all are. I've been driving for over 40 years using free maps from the
local DMV. I dont need some costly piece of electronic crap nagging me,
particularly when the directions are often wrong. After my TomTom ONE
caused me to waste at least $30 worth of gas, and hours of time, I
deposited it in a dumpster at some gas station, after taking a hammer to
it. I will never buy another GPS.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/21/2012 1:44 PM, chaniarts wrote:
On 9/20/2012 5:05 AM, George wrote:
On 9/18/2012 10:32 PM, Steve B wrote:
It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem
split anywhere.

Steve

One of ours was doing the same thing. I searched for replacements and
bought a clone for around $20. It looks just like the tomtom version
except it has a little lever on the base that pulls the disc out
creating a much better seal.

you can get the same thing on ebay for about $1.50.

I'll take twenty pieces then and I can resell them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/21/2012 3:36 PM, George wrote:
On 9/21/2012 1:44 PM, chaniarts wrote:
On 9/20/2012 5:05 AM, George wrote:
On 9/18/2012 10:32 PM, Steve B wrote:
It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't
seem
split anywhere.

Steve

One of ours was doing the same thing. I searched for replacements and
bought a clone for around $20. It looks just like the tomtom version
except it has a little lever on the base that pulls the disc out
creating a much better seal.

you can get the same thing on ebay for about $1.50.

I'll take twenty pieces then and I can resell them.

it was 1.50 when i bought mine about 6 months ago. it's up to $2.89+free
shipping now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Windshield-Mount-Holder-Suction-Cup-f-Garmin-255w-260-270-880-TomTom-iPhone-/260881413181?pt=GPS_Holders_Mounts&hash=item3cbdbe 743d
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/21/2012 6:41 PM, chaniarts wrote:
[...]

Won't work with mine. I see ones that will are around $10.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:32:54 PM UTC-4, Steve B wrote:
It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem

split anywhere.

Steve

I have a Garmin. I give the suction cup a quick lick to make it stick, a trick I learned with my suction cup bow-and-arrows back in the 1950's.

Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair

Does your Garmin shoot peoples eye out?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Pavel314" wrote in message

I have a Garmin. I give the suction cup a quick lick to make it stick, a
trick I learned with my suction cup bow-and-arrows back in the 1950's.

Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"Pavel314" wrote in message

I have a Garmin. I give the suction cup a quick lick to make it stick, a
trick I learned with my suction cup bow-and-arrows back in the 1950's.

Paul

Bows and Arrows don't shoot people's eyes out. Air rifles do.

Ralphie: I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range
Model Air Rifle!
Santa Claus: You'll shoot your eye out, kid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

I will never buy another GPS.

It is a very good idea to never purchase electronic devices or tools that
are above your level of understanding.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

You can pick up a device with suction cup and clamps (meant to hold various size devices) at hardware stores (Canadian Tire if you're in Canada), or check an auto stereo shop. They work quite well.

Michael Lalonde
jumlers.com

TomTom XL IQ Routes 2 Lawrence[_3_] UK diy 9 July 3rd 12 11:15 PM
TomTom Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 4 October 22nd 11 12:51 PM
TomTom XL Ignoramus19859 Metalworking 1 August 11th 11 04:32 AM
TomTom Lawrence[_3_] UK diy 21 November 16th 10 12:09 AM
Cheap peel-n-stick floor tile doesn't stick Mike Home Repair 13 June 5th 07 05:31 AM