Posted to alt.home.repair

Default another plaster Q!

Now that I've done this great plaster thing, I'm left with getting it
off my tools, which I think I can manage, but also there's the floor:
which is 1800 sqft of concrete.

If I poured muriatic on it, could I convince the plaster gloobs that
escaped my trowel to come off the floor more-readily than the process
whereby I have a hammer and a cold-chisel?

Thanks for your comment.
--
cal
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 17, 4:36*pm, Cal Dershowitz wrote:
Now that I've done this great plaster thing, I'm left with getting it
off my tools, which I think I can manage, but also there's the floor:
which is 1800 sqft of concrete.

If I poured muriatic on it, could I convince the plaster gloobs that
escaped my trowel to come off the floor more-readily than the process
whereby I have a hammer and a cold-chisel?

Thanks for your comment.
--
cal

ROFL...

Dude go rent a floor scraper, the kind that leaves behind
a clean ready to install finished flooring on surface where
before there was some sort of material attached with adhesive...

Next, buy some good quality heavy canvas drop cloths and
only do future work in the area above where you have spread
your drop cloths out... Move as needed for your project...

Then, learn how to clean your tools while they are still
wet and fresh from the job, it is amazing what warm water
and gentle rubbing will remove when the materials are wet
which will require all sorts of effort to remove once you let
it dry...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cal Dershowitz wrote in
m:

Now that I've done this great plaster thing, I'm left with getting it
off my tools, which I think I can manage, but also there's the floor:
which is 1800 sqft of concrete.

If I poured muriatic on it, could I convince the plaster gloobs that
escaped my trowel to come off the floor more-readily than the process
whereby I have a hammer and a cold-chisel?

A square-bladed shovel will do that job much better and much faster than a hammer and
chisel. Skip the acid; you'll only hurt yourself (and damage the concrete).

Oh, one more thing: use a drop cloth next time. Or clean them up while they're still wet.

Thanks for your comment.

You're welcome.

plaster Cal Dershowitz Home Repair 8 September 16th 12 10:36 AM
Attaching Plaster Board to err Plaster Board AJ UK diy 5 May 27th 08 04:22 PM
Plaster washers for lath and plaster repair atticus UK diy 1 August 21st 06 06:28 PM
What plaster should I use? dmc UK diy 9 January 28th 05 07:50 PM
Paint over plaster. How to remove without damaging plaster. Zymurgy UK diy 6 August 28th 03 11:23 AM