Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Evaporator coil orientation question

I have a client with a horizontal flow air-handler that has his A-frame evaporator with the air flow coming from the head of the A. The A-frame evaporator has been installed on its side (imagine the letter A turned exactly 90 degrees) instead of on its back (imagine the letter A lying on its back). I have never seen an evaporator installed this way and suspect that it is wrong. Can anyone give me any information please?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds strange. Where does the water condensate go?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
I have a client with a horizontal flow air-handler that has his A-frame
evaporator with the air flow coming from the head of the A. The A-frame
evaporator has been installed on its side (imagine the letter A turned
exactly 90 degrees) instead of on its back (imagine the letter A lying on
its back). I have never seen an evaporator installed this way and suspect
that it is wrong. Can anyone give me any information please?

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

wrote in message

I have a client with a horizontal flow air-handler that has his A-frame

evaporator with the air flow coming from the head of the A. The A-frame

evaporator has been installed on its side (imagine the letter A turned

exactly 90 degrees) instead of on its back (imagine the letter A lying on

its back). I have never seen an evaporator installed this way and suspect

that it is wrong. Can anyone give me any information please?

To the pan below the coil, what else?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I have a client with a horizontal flow air-handler that has his A-frame

evaporator with the air flow coming from the head of the A. The A-frame

evaporator has been installed on its side (imagine the letter A turned

exactly 90 degrees) instead of on its back (imagine the letter A lying on

its back). I have never seen an evaporator installed this way and suspect

that it is wrong. Can anyone give me any information please?

To the pan below the coil, what else?- Hide quoted text -

so the one side of the a-coil is laying in the pan??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:13:01 PM UTC-7, hr(bob) wrote:
On Aug 21, 6:06*pm, wrote:

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:23:07 PM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sounds strange. Where does the water condensate go?

Christopher A. Young

Learn more about Jesus

*
www.lds.org

.

wrote in message

I have a client with a horizontal flow air-handler that has his A-frame

evaporator with the air flow coming from the head of the A. The A-frame

evaporator has been installed on its side (imagine the letter A turned

exactly 90 degrees) instead of on its back (imagine the letter A lying on

its back). I have never seen an evaporator installed this way and suspect

that it is wrong. Can anyone give me any information please?

To the pan below the coil, what else?- Hide quoted text -

so the one side of the a-coil is laying in the pan??

No only the foot of the A is. I did say “the letter A turned exactly 90 degrees” NOT 135 degrees.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The A coils I've seen, that would put the condensate tray on the side.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

No only the foot of the A is. I did say “the letter A turned exactly 90
degrees” NOT 135 degrees.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Most A coils I've worked with, the condensate pan is on the open end of the
A. So, if the coils is like a orientation, the pan is on the side.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..