Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT vacation advice

I thought this was (is) profound.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Lesson one, you'll always forget something
Lesson two, sunburn hurts
Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree
Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your travel
Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things better

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

Lesson one, you'll always forget something
Lesson two, sunburn hurts
Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree
Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your travel
Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things better

There's a lot of wood in a tree?

What does that have to do with vacations and how many vacations does that
even apply to?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/12/12 5:01 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
"Stormin wrote:
I thought this was (is) profound.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Lesson one, you'll always forget something
Lesson two, sunburn hurts
Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree
Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your travel
Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things better

There's a lot of wood in a tree?

What does that have to do with vacations and how many vacations does that
even apply to?

Maybe skiing. Sonny Bono, for one, made that connection.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'll have to ask.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

There's a lot of wood in a tree?

What does that have to do with vacations and how many vacations does that
even apply to?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I'll have to ask.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

There's a lot of wood in a tree?

What does that have to do with vacations and how many vacations does that
even apply to?

If you have to ask what it means, why did you say that you found it
"profound"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

It was so profund, even I, the great, didn't grasp
the full signifigance. That doesn't happen often.

The rest of it, made sense.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

If you have to ask what it means, why did you say that you found it
"profound"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 12, 10:41*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I thought this was (is) profound.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Lesson one, you'll always forget something
Lesson two, sunburn hurts
Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree
Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your travel
Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things better

I think only the second applies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 12, 2:41*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I thought this was (is) profound.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Lesson one, you'll always forget something
Lesson two, sunburn hurts
Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree
Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your travel
Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things better

On a real answer note:
take a pair of nail clippers
take along shoe polish
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I thought this was (is) profound.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Lesson one, you'll always forget something
Lesson two, sunburn hurts
Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree
Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your travel
Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things better

On a real answer note:
take a pair of nail clippers
take along shoe polish

Shoe polish?

That depends almost as much on the vacation sctivities as "there is a
lot of wood in a tree".

I just got back from a week on the Outer Banks of NC. Not only didn't
I need any shoe polish, I didn't even need shoes. You don't polish
sneakers or flip-flops.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

**

OTOH, it does tell us more than we want to know about SOME people's
vacations.

Sorry, but I apparently joined this thread started by someone I have
filtered, and missed part of the conversation. Where is it that they are
going for a vacation. That will tell me a lot.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

There was no mention of a location...Stormin Mormon thought this list
of advice items was "profound", even though he later admitted he
didn't understand what Lesson 3 had to do with vacations.

Personally, I see nothing profound about the advice.

I quote:

I thought this was (is) profound.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

Lesson one, you'll always forget something
Lesson two, sunburn hurts
Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree
Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your
travel
Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things
better

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

***

For a normal human being, I would find the profound statement quizzical.
But taking it into account that he still can't grasp the concept of not top
posting, from him, it makes perfect sense.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Once again, I'll voice my opinion on his "grasp" of the top posting
issue.

He grasps the concept 100%. It would be next to impossible for him not
to, considering how often it's been brought up. Even if he couldn't
figure out how to change his newsreader options to bottom post
automatically, he could still cut and paste his replies to the bottom
if he wanted to.

The only logical conclusion is that he is just flat out stubborn and
refuses to change his ways. I think he likes the attention.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote

The only logical conclusion is that he is just flat out stubborn and
refuses to change his ways. I think he likes the attention.

***

And, he likes getting that religious sig out there every time.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

I would rather see top posting than to go to the bottom of a whole page of
text to get to one or two lines of text.

Learn to cut out what is not needed !!!!

wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

OK, I cut out what you top posted since it wasn't needed.

Your vacation eterica Metalworking 15 February 9th 08 08:09 PM
Your vacation eterica Home Repair 1 February 6th 08 08:37 PM
Your vacation eterica Woodworking 0 February 6th 08 07:49 PM
Your vacation eterica Metalworking 0 February 6th 08 07:49 PM
Vacation Barry N. Turner Woodturning 8 October 5th 04 05:51 PM