Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT vacation advice

On Monday, August 13, 2012 6:08:49 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:

On Aug 13, 2:23 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Aug 13, 12:19 pm, Robert Macy wrote:

On Aug 12, 2:41 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:

I thought this was (is) profound.

Christopher A. Young

Learn more about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

Lesson one, you'll always forget something

Lesson two, sunburn hurts

Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree

Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your

travel

Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things

better

On a real answer note:

take a pair of nail clippers

take along shoe polish

Shoe polish?

That depends almost as much on the vacation sctivities as "there is a

lot of wood in a tree".

I just got back from a week on the Outer Banks of NC. Not only didn't

I need any shoe polish, I didn't even need shoes. You don't polish

sneakers or flip-flops.

**

OTOH, it does tell us more than we want to know about SOME people's

vacations.

Sorry, but I apparently joined this thread started by someone I have

filtered, and missed part of the conversation. Where is it that they are

going for a vacation. That will tell me a lot.

Steve-

There was no mention of a location...Stormin Mormon thought this list

of advice items was "profound", even though he later admitted he

didn't understand what Lesson 3 had to do with vacations.

Personally, I see nothing profound about the advice.

I quote:

I thought this was (is) profound.

Christopher A. Young

Learn more about Jesus

www.lds.org

Lesson one, you'll always forget something

Lesson two, sunburn hurts

Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree

Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your

travel

Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things

better

***

For a normal human being, I would find the profound statement quizzical.

But taking it into account that he still can't grasp the concept of not

top

posting, from him, it makes perfect sense.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Once again, I'll voice my opinion on his "grasp" of the top posting

issue.

He grasps the concept 100%. It would be next to impossible for him not

to, considering how often it's been brought up. Even if he couldn't

figure out how to change his newsreader options to bottom post

automatically, he could still cut and paste his replies to the bottom

if he wanted to.

The only logical conclusion is that he is just flat out stubborn and

refuses to change his ways. I think he likes the attention.

OK, I cut out what you top posted since it wasn't needed.