Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default OT vacation advice

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Aug 13, 2:23 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Aug 13, 12:19 pm, Robert Macy wrote:

On Aug 12, 2:41 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
I thought this was (is) profound.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Lesson one, you'll always forget something
Lesson two, sunburn hurts
Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree
Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your
travel
Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things
better

On a real answer note:
take a pair of nail clippers
take along shoe polish

Shoe polish?

That depends almost as much on the vacation sctivities as "there is a
lot of wood in a tree".

I just got back from a week on the Outer Banks of NC. Not only didn't
I need any shoe polish, I didn't even need shoes. You don't polish
sneakers or flip-flops.

**

OTOH, it does tell us more than we want to know about SOME people's
vacations.

Sorry, but I apparently joined this thread started by someone I have
filtered, and missed part of the conversation. Where is it that they are
going for a vacation. That will tell me a lot.

Steve-

There was no mention of a location...Stormin Mormon thought this list
of advice items was "profound", even though he later admitted he
didn't understand what Lesson 3 had to do with vacations.

Personally, I see nothing profound about the advice.

I quote:

I thought this was (is) profound.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

Lesson one, you'll always forget something
Lesson two, sunburn hurts
Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree
Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your
travel
Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things
better

***

For a normal human being, I would find the profound statement quizzical.
But taking it into account that he still can't grasp the concept of not top
posting, from him, it makes perfect sense.

Steve