Posted to alt.home.repair

Default getting rid of cat smells

On Tuesday, July 7, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Prof Hill wrote:
I just evicted a renter because they had cats in my furnished house in
violation of the rental agreement. I got what damages $ I could from them.
The mechanical damage I can handle, but how do I get rid of the terrific
stink? The only way I can stand to be inside the house is with a big fan
blowing air in the door. I have treated the rugs for fleas, and think I
have them down. Will I have to discard the furniture and rugs?

HELP! HELP! HELP!
In a condo I own the tenant's 2 cats and 1 dog urinated to a 70% penetration rate on ceramic tile on the first level, the gypsum concrete on the second level and the plywood subflooring on the stairs and third floor. This evidently happened over a three year period. Do I need to replace all the flooring?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 13:27:20 -0700, Jon Danniken
wrote:

On 08/05/2012 11:22 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 7, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Prof Hill wrote:

[snip]

Holy crap, is that really a 14 year span for a response?

This has gotta be a record.

Nothing is unexpected from goggle gropes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Holy crap, is that really a 14 year span for a response?

This has gotta be a record.

Nothing is unexpected from goggle groups........

if google requires me to move to new groups withot a option to use the
old format i am done posting on any google group........

the new format is a bug ridden mess

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
bob haller wrote:

Holy crap, is that really a 14 year span for a response?

This has gotta be a record.

Nothing is unexpected from goggle groups........

if google requires me to move to new groups withot a option to use the
old format i am done posting on any google group........

the new format is a bug ridden mess

So was the old format. This is usenet, remember? It isn't designed to be
accessed from a web browser at all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller writes:

Holy crap, is that really a 14 year span for a response?

This has gotta be a record.

Nothing is unexpected from goggle groups........

if google requires me to move to new groups withot a option to use the
old format i am done posting on any google group........

the new format is a bug ridden mess

By all means, get the hell off GG.
Use a real news server (plenty of free ones) and a real news reader.
Do us all a favor.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 18:44:03 -0700 (PDT), bob haller wrote:

Holy crap, is that really a 14 year span for a response?

This has gotta be a record.

Nothing is unexpected from goggle groups........

if google requires me to move to new groups withot a option to use the
old format i am done posting on any google group........

the new format is a bug ridden mess

So, just what is your excuse for using that ****?
Posted to alt.home.repair

the new format is a bug ridden mess

So, just what is your excuse for using that ****?

i like the existing format which works well for me.......

Posted to alt.home.repair

to get rid of any urine odors, cats dogs humans etc.....

pull everything from the space, remove and discard carpets
etc,........ scrub area totally

sand floors lightly coat with OUTDOOR POLYURETHANE.

Prime walls with oil based BIN or KILZ primer sealer.

even coat concrete floors after cleaning with outdoor poly.

This is what the professional fire restoration crews do.

its impossible to wash away urine odors, the only effective treatment
is coating surfaces and enscapalting them forever......

incidently i have had to do this.....

use outdoor poly because its water proof, regular poly can and does
soften in wet weather, like high hmidity days and the odors reoccur

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller writes:

the new format is a bug ridden mess

So, just what is your excuse for using that ****?

i like the existing format which works well for me.......

It may be working for you but creates a mess for others.
GG inserts all kinds of junk into posts that make GG posts hard to read.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 21:49:10 -0700 (PDT), bob haller wrote:

the new format is a bug ridden mess

So, just what is your excuse for using that ****?

i like the existing format which works well for me.......

You don't mind be as selfish as Stormin'? No, I suppose not.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 18:36:34 -0400, Art Todesco
wrote:

On 8/5/2012 2:22 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 7, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Prof Hill wrote:
I just evicted a renter because they had cats in my furnished house in
violation of the rental agreement. I got what damages $ I could from them.
The mechanical damage I can handle, but how do I get rid of the terrific
stink? The only way I can stand to be inside the house is with a big fan
blowing air in the door. I have treated the rugs for fleas, and think I
have them down. Will I have to discard the furniture and rugs?

HELP! HELP! HELP!
In a condo I own the tenant's 2 cats and 1 dog urinated to a 70% penetration rate on ceramic tile on the first level, the gypsum concrete on the second level and the plywood subflooring on the stairs and third floor. This evidently happened over a three year period. Do I need to replace all the flooring?

"Nature's Miracle" works very well on fabrics and even some solid
absorbent surface. However, if it's deep into the carpet and pad, I
don't think there's much hope other than replacement. We have one dumb
cat that likes to , ah, anoint things. I can usually smell is just
walking into the house. Nature's Miracle usually works. On carpets,
I've soaked the area with NM, then extract, and let dry. A follow up
cleaning might be necessary with regular carpet cleaner. Strangle the cat!

Rather than strangle, have the cat checked by a vet since urinating
inappropriately can often be caused by a urinary infection. In the
case of the original poster however, that is not likely the case, the
cat just got used to uriniating in certain places and was never
stopped.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

wrote:

On 8/5/2012 2:22 PM, wrote:

[...]

People who let cats live in their home DESERVE the smell. Why people like to
dwell with animals is beyond my ken.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/5/2012 2:22 PM, wrote:

[...]

because obviously the dogs ALLOW US TO LIVE HERE....

I can never understand how anyone could live without pets, espically
dogs

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/5/2012 2:22 PM, wrote:

[...]

We have two cats that enjoy our company. They follow us around like puppies,
at least when they're not sleeping. We don't have dogs because cats are
easier to take care of. We can leave them for a weekend without any problems.
If we're gone for a week the neighbors just have to look in on them a couple
of times to fill their bowls.

I can never understand how anyone could live without pets, espically
dogs

Animal haters are sick people.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"bob haller" wrote in message

the new format is a bug ridden mess

So, just what is your excuse for using that ****?

i like the existing format which works well for me.......

The old GG was OK. The new one is crap. I have given up on it and use
Evening September now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/5/2012 2:22 PM, wrote:
[...]

Wild cat smark their territory by urine markers. So it's normal for cats to
do this.
I wouldn't have the filthy smelly things in the house.
A definite health hazard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/5/2012 2:22 PM, wrote:

[...]

People with animals in the house are more likely to be sick.
Cats are the worst disease carriers.
Animals belong outdoors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 07:13:30 +0100, "harryagain" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On 8/5/2012 2:22 PM, wrote:

[...]

You've sure proved yourself wrong, again, harry.

Cats are the worst disease carriers.

Nonsense.

Animals belong outdoors.

You're an idiot but we *all* know that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 12:43:10 -0400, "
wrote:

People with animals in the house are more likely to be sick.

You've sure proved yourself wrong, again, harry.

Cats are the worst disease carriers.

Nonsense.

Animals belong outdoors.

You're an idiot but we *all* know that.

I bet money Susan's parrots live in his house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

People with animals in the house are more likely to be sick.

You've sure proved yourself wrong, again, harry.

Cats are the worst disease carriers.

Nonsense.

Animals belong outdoors.

You're an idiot but we *all* know that.

I bet money Susan's parrots live in his house.

Do you think she lets harry in the house once in a while?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

wrote:

On 8/5/2012 2:22 PM, wrote:

[...]

At one time I had about 16 barn cats, many of them were tame enough to catch. Finally had to get rid of all of them as the garden spot was becoming intolerably stinky with their urine and **** deposits. I gave most of them away and the coyotes cleaned up the rest. I would take worm medicine every year in case I got infected with their parasites.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/5/2012 2:22 PM, wrote:

[...]

I can live without barking.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 23:51:46 +0000 (UTC), gregz wrote:

wrote:

On 8/5/2012 2:22 PM, wrote:

[...]

Teach the dog to not bark. Bad behavior is always the owner's fault.

Banned

true, cat's smell isn't good. the owner of that cat should provide some cleaning measures.Perhaps taking a bath his pet well do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 06:53:50 -0700, Jon Danniken
wrote:

On 08/08/2012 05:18 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Teach the dog to not bark. Bad behavior is always the owner's fault.

That last sentence should be required knowledge for any dog owner.

Jon

Yes. Or get a "barkless" dog.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

People with animals in the house are more likely to be sick.

You've sure proved yourself wrong, again, harry.

Cats are the worst disease carriers.

Nonsense.

Animals belong outdoors.

You're an idiot but we *all* know that.

I bet money Susan's parrots live in his house.

Do you think she lets harry in the house once in a while?

Only with a flea -N- tick collar on him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

People with animals in the house are more likely to be sick.

You've sure proved yourself wrong, again, harry.

Cats are the worst disease carriers.

Nonsense.

Animals belong outdoors.

You're an idiot but we *all* know that.

I bet money Susan's parrots live in his house.

Do you think she lets harry in the house once in a while?

Only with a flea -N- tick collar on him.

....and a muzzle, no doubt.

Junior Member

Lightbulb

Treating the carpet with backing soda gets rid of the stink. A good bright sunny day out for the carpet might also help, If you are trying for a home made solution.