Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default getting rid of cat smells

On Tuesday, July 7, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Prof Hill wrote:
I just evicted a renter because they had cats in my furnished house in
violation of the rental agreement. I got what damages $ I could from them.
The mechanical damage I can handle, but how do I get rid of the terrific
stink? The only way I can stand to be inside the house is with a big fan
blowing air in the door. I have treated the rugs for fleas, and think I
have them down. Will I have to discard the furniture and rugs?

HELP! HELP! HELP!
In a condo I own the tenant's 2 cats and 1 dog urinated to a 70% penetration rate on ceramic tile on the first level, the gypsum concrete on the second level and the plywood subflooring on the stairs and third floor. This evidently happened over a three year period. Do I need to replace all the flooring?