Posted to alt.home.repair

Default VAC Meaning in Electrical

Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John F. F." wrote in :

Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

It stands for "volts [of] alternating current".

If that's all the inspection report said -- that there's no VAC outlet -- the inspector is an idiot. It
would make much more sense if it said "no 240VAC outlet" or something like that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Volts Alternating Current

(or... VACuum cleaner?)

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"John F. F." wrote in message
Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..

"John F. F." wrote in
:

Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste
home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

It stands for "volts [of] alternating current".

If that's all the inspection report said -- that there's no VAC outlet --
the inspector is an idiot. It
would make much more sense if it said "no 240VAC outlet" or something like
that.

My own follow up on VAC question which I believe is short for Volts
alternating current but need confirmation. This inspector said "no VAC
outlets/lighting circuits" There are outlets and lights in the area. Are
standard 120 outlets and switched lights different? Thanks again.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 7/31/2012 7:12 AM, John F. F. wrote:

My own follow up on VAC question which I believe is short for Volts
alternating current but need confirmation. This inspector said "no VAC
outlets/lighting circuits" There are outlets and lights in the area. Are
standard 120 outlets and switched lights different? Thanks again.

It's your report; if you don't understand (what appears to be confusing
at best) a condition ask for clarification of just what is meant and
what, specifically, is required to clear the supposed deficiency.

As others said, by itself it makes no sense but we have no context of
area of house or anything else with which to try to guess what the issue
might be...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 7:12*am, "John F. F." wrote:
Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? *This cut and paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. *I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. *Thanks,

ROFL...

Umm, ask the home inspection company,
err, puppy mill, to send another inspector
along with a licensed electrician to reinspect
your home, advise anyone whom may be
relying on the report issued thus far that
the "certified home inspector" is offering
you their opinion as a person who is
unlicensed in any of the construction
trades and is otherwise barely trained...

There would be a higher likelihood of
accuracy by asking yes/no questions
of a magic eight ball toy, consulting
a psychic or attempting to use
divining rods to locate the areas of
a house which are in need of repair...
Posted to alt.home.repair

I hope you told him that it was still in the back of your MPG car. You'd
planned to install it next to the BTU furnace, after you got off the GPF
toilet.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"John F. F." wrote in message
Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 7/31/2012 7:27 AM, Evan wrote:

... advise anyone whom may be
relying on the report issued thus far that
the "certified home inspector" is offering
you their opinion as a person who is
unlicensed in any of the construction
trades and is otherwise barely trained...

I'd caution against making any claims that aren't fully supportable w/
hard evidence about the inspector or the company--that's a way to get in
the proverbial wringer if turns out it "ain't necessarily so"...

Just ask for clarification of specific deficiency and Code section(s)
supporting said determination...

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Yes, another example of Evan jumping to wild conclusion
without any supporting evidence. Unlicensed? Untrained?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 8:56*am, "
wrote:
On Jul 31, 8:39*am, dpb wrote:

On 7/31/2012 7:27 AM, Evan wrote:

[...]

spreading potentially libelous information as if it were fact.- Hide quoted text -

Read the OP, looks like whomever wrote up the report forgot the 120 or
240 before the VAC. Simple enuf.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John F. F." wrote in :

My own follow up on VAC question which I believe is short for Volts
alternating current but need confirmation. This inspector said "no VAC
outlets/lighting circuits" There are outlets and lights in the area. Are
standard 120 outlets and switched lights different? Thanks again.

Why are you asking these questions here instead of asking the inspector?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 07:12:45 -0400, "John F. F."
wrote:

Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

You did get many sensible answers, but, by chance, is there a whole
house vacuum cleaning system? One that is missing an outlet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

You did get many sensible answers, but, by chance, is there a whole
house vacuum cleaning system? One that is missing an outlet?

Best to call and ask him. If it refers to an std electrical receptacle, it would be Alternating Current Voltage -- e.g., 120VAC, 240VAC.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 9:56*am, "
wrote:
On Jul 31, 8:39*am, dpb wrote:

On 7/31/2012 7:27 AM, Evan wrote:

[...]

**** off man, "home inspectors" are "certified" by
their employer after watching the magical training
videos and drinking the company Kool Aid...

No such thing as a "licensed home inspector"
around here...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:54:47 -0700 (PDT), Evan
wrote:

On Jul 31, 9:56*am, "
wrote:
On Jul 31, 8:39*am, dpb wrote:

[...]

Oh, well! Then it must be true *everywhere*. Your "experience" *is*
universal, after all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/31/2012 7:12 AM, John F. F. wrote:
Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste
home inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when
describing outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

Since all the outlets in your house are most likely VAC, I would assume
there is a central vacuum unit without a dedicated outlet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

You did get many sensible answers, but, by chance, is there a whole
house vacuum cleaning system? One that is missing an outlet?

Actually, to be correct, a central vac wall thing is an inlet, even
though everyone calls them outlets. But, that was my 1st though too,
having a central vac for many years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and
paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

You did get many sensible answers, but, by chance, is there a whole
house vacuum cleaning system? One that is missing an outlet?

Actually, to be correct, a central vac wall thing is an inlet, even
though everyone calls them outlets. But, that was my 1st though too,
having a central vac for many years.

doesn't there have to be an outlet somewhere? they can't all suck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

You did get many sensible answers, but, by chance, is there a whole
house vacuum cleaning system? One that is missing an outlet?

Actually, to be correct, a central vac wall thing is an inlet, even
though everyone calls them outlets. But, that was my 1st though too,
having a central vac for many years.

Perhaps he is indicating that the Vac is hardwired instead of being plugged
in? We're all guessing. The OP really needs to contact the inspector.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 9:53*pm, "
wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:54:47 -0700 (PDT), Evan
wrote:

On Jul 31, 9:56*am, "
wrote:
On Jul 31, 8:39*am, dpb wrote:

On 7/31/2012 7:27 AM, Evan wrote:

[...]

universal, after all.- Hide quoted text -

And the actual statement by Evan wasn't even
about licensing specific to home inspection". It
was much broader than that:

"the "certified home inspector" is offering
you their opinion as a person who is
unlicensed in any of the construction
trades and is otherwise barely trained... "

The guy doing the inspection could be licensed
as a plumber or home improvement contractor.

But even staying specific to home inspection
licensing, obviously it varies from state to state
and some states do require licensing:

"In New York, home inspectors are licensed under the New York Division
of Licensing Services. Current requirements are that you must
complete a training course of at least 100 hours in the classroom, 40
hours of hands-on with a licensed New York home inspector, and pass
the state licensing exam.

To become a licensed home inspector in Florida, you must complete 120
hours of training and pass the state exam. 20 of the hours must be
with a licensed Florida home inspector. We are an approved education
provider and our package is split into two parts. "

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and
paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

You did get many sensible answers, but, by chance, is there a whole
house vacuum cleaning system? One that is missing an outlet?

Actually, to be correct, a central vac wall thing is an inlet, even
though everyone calls them outlets. But, that was my 1st though too,
having a central vac for many years.

Maybe there's a power outlet too (for a motorized brush).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Die verfluchte Huhre, Vernunft." (The damned whore, Reason). [Martin
Luther]