Posted to alt.home.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default VAC Meaning in Electrical

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 07:12:45 -0400, "John F. F."
wrote:

Can someone tell me what VAC is an abreviation for? This cut and paste home
inspector said there was no VAC outlet. I see it used when describing
outlets but don't know what it is short for. Thanks,

You did get many sensible answers, but, by chance, is there a whole
house vacuum cleaning system? One that is missing an outlet?

Best to call and ask him. If it refers to an std electrical receptacle, it would be Alternating Current Voltage -- e.g., 120VAC, 240VAC.