Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Set-points on a programmable thermostat

What does a "Cool" set-point of 90 degrees mean?
What does a "Heat" set-point of 82 degrees mean?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 21, 2012 10:59:48 AM UTC-5, gary wrote:
What does a "Cool" set-point of 90 degrees mean?
What does a "Heat" set-point of 82 degrees mean?

I have not heard that specific term, but I suspect it his the cooling or heating temperature it is going to maintain. A little warm for my comfort preference.

RonB
Posted to alt.home.repair

That's probably the temperature at which the thermostat takes action.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"gary" wrote in message
What does a "Cool" set-point of 90 degrees mean?
What does a "Heat" set-point of 82 degrees mean?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 08:59:48 -0700 (PDT), gary
wrote:

What does a "Cool" set-point of 90 degrees mean?
What does a "Heat" set-point of 82 degrees mean?

http://www.energysavers.gov/your_home/space_heating_cooling/index.cfm/mytopic=12720

The T-stat manual will address this.
Posted to alt.home.repair

gary wrote:
What does a "Cool" set-point of 90 degrees mean?
What does a "Heat" set-point of 82 degrees mean?

I wonder if this could be the "Over limit" of the thermostat? I
recently encountered the over limit setting on my thermostat when I came
back from vacation and the inside temperature was over 92 degrees. The
thermostat worked, but would not display the current inside temperature
or setting correctly until the temperature went below 90 degrees.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gary wrote:
What does a "Cool" set-point of 90 degrees mean?
What does a "Heat" set-point of 82 degrees mean?

Hi,
Only thing I know about setting cool or heat temp is one set by
consumer(home owner) as desired cool down to say 74 deg. and heat up to
68 deg., etc. whatever you wish as long as they are 6 deg apart.

Next one is in the installer setting menu which will set max allowed
heat temp, like 80 deg. and max allowed cool temp. like 60 deg.
To prevent system run away kinda thing(?).

Another setting is emergency default setting which is factory set to
prevent freezing when thermostat battery power is lost.(Our Honeywell
YTH6320R has this feature w/return duct air temp, sensor)

All info is in the operations/installation manual.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 15:37:43 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

gary wrote:
What does a "Cool" set-point of 90 degrees mean?
What does a "Heat" set-point of 82 degrees mean?

Hi,
Only thing I know about setting cool or heat temp is one set by
consumer(home owner) as desired cool down to say 74 deg. and heat up to
68 deg., etc. whatever you wish as long as they are 6 deg apart.

Next one is in the installer setting menu which will set max allowed
heat temp, like 80 deg. and max allowed cool temp. like 60 deg.
To prevent system run away kinda thing(?).

Another setting is emergency default setting which is factory set to
prevent freezing when thermostat battery power is lost.(Our Honeywell
YTH6320R has this feature w/return duct air temp, sensor)

All info is in the operations/installation manual.

All I know is when I start Messin' with the default settings, I can
always reset it. Start over :_\ Push a pin button.

These new things are like i Pads for adults. Sit on the lazy chair
and program.

When my bribe sleeps, I cool the house down. Hot out here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

gary wrote:
[...]

I've got a programmable one with 4 auto programs per day. I've set it
up years ago and have never touched it since. It has a battery backup
but I've written down the settings just in case I lose them. When I
had the house built and it was almost completed, someone (I think a
worker) stole the programmable thermostats so they replaced them. I
guess these things are in demand or have value.