Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawn Sprinkler

Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal coverage?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 7/6/2012 6:42 PM, Meanie wrote:
Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal coverage?

How much area?

We use 3-4 of these...

http://www.capitolsupply.com/catalog/1865-nelson-16-000-sqft-maximum-cs10486637.html?cid=cse_ggl4

There is also the National that is built a little more ruggedly but is
quite a bit pricier up front...

http://www.nationalwalkingsprinkler.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie wrote:

Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal
coverage?

Think about your question for a minute.

For one thing, anyone that's fortunate to have a lawn sprinkler that has
worked through a complete season, or even 2 or 3 seasons, is probably
not going to know it's make, model, or where they bought it.

And second, the odds that you're going to come across the same make and
model of (likely chinese-made) piece of hardware in your locality is
slim to none, if indeed that make and model is still in production in
the first place.

There was another stupid question here recently (a hand-pumped garden
sprayer I think). Same logic applies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2012 7:42 PM, Meanie wrote:
Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal coverage?

Thanks

I and a few of my neighbours like Gardena's line of sprinklers.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 7/6/2012 7:10 PM, Home Guy wrote:

For one thing, anyone that's fortunate to have a lawn sprinkler that has
worked through a complete season, or even 2 or 3 seasons, is probably
not going to know it's make, model, or where they bought it.

Some of the above-mentioned Nelsons here are at least 20 if not 30 yr old...

And second, the odds that you're going to come across the same make and
model of (likely chinese-made) piece of hardware in your locality is
slim to none, if indeed that make and model is still in production in
the first place.

They're still there and parts, too...

Only thing silly in this thread (so far, anyway) was you...

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a Mist Master sprinkler that has to be 60 years old. It has no
moving parts and looks like a metal cone with a small hole in the middle
that puts out a fine mist. Great for the flower beds, probably not the
best for a lawn.

Here is one on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-SPRI...em3cc8 20d19e
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 20:10:45 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

Meanie wrote:

Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal
coverage?

Think about your question for a minute.

For one thing, anyone that's fortunate to have a lawn sprinkler that has
worked through a complete season, or even 2 or 3 seasons, is probably
not going to know it's make, model, or where they bought it.

And second, the odds that you're going to come across the same make and
model of (likely chinese-made) piece of hardware in your locality is
slim to none, if indeed that make and model is still in production in
the first place.

There was another stupid question here recently (a hand-pumped garden
sprayer I think). Same logic applies.

You really are a gem, aren't you? And I don't mean this as a
compliment. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I was recently warned
about you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2012 7:42 PM, Meanie wrote:
Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal coverage?

Thanks

Jess Stryker's site has everything you will likely ever need to know
about lawn irrigation, he
http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler00.htm

I believe he will also answer emails, but I would do my homework first
as the guy is not a commercial lawn guy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie wrote:

Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal
coverage?

Think about your question for a minute.

For one thing, anyone that's fortunate to have a lawn sprinkler that has
worked through a complete season, or even 2 or 3 seasons, is probably
not going to know it's make, model, or where they bought it.

And second, the odds that you're going to come across the same make and
model of (likely chinese-made) piece of hardware in your locality is
slim to none, if indeed that make and model is still in production in
the first place.

There was another stupid question here recently (a hand-pumped garden
sprayer I think). Same logic applies.

You really are a gem, aren't you? And I don't mean this as a
compliment. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I was recently warned
about you.

Rest assured, there's nothing that fool can say to bother me. People such as
he insult, thus, trying to fill a pathetic void in their life due to their
jealous and envious character. I almost pity the pathetic sap.

The idiot is on my blocked list. It's too bad the rest of the group doesn't
do the same.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 07:36:16 -0400, "Meanie" wrote:

.. .

Meanie wrote:

[...]

You know I think I'm going to do the same and I haven't even read many
of his posts but I already got a glimpse of his personality from you
and another. Now all I have to figure out is how to filter correctly
in my newsreader. Regards.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug wrote:

You really are a gem, aren't you?

Look at the responses so far.

Mostly for ancient sprinklers that are 30 to 60 years old.

And the ridiculously expensive european Gardena sprinklers.

There have been thousands of different sprinklers imported into north
america over the past 5 or 10 years from china, sold in all sorts of
department, hardware, big-box and surplus stores, sold for anywhere from
$2 to $20. Some (or even most of them) either worked like **** or only
worked for maybe a month, and some ended up being worthy to recommend to
others.

Someone in up-state New York may have bought one of those good ones 2
years ago at J-Mart. Do you think someone in San Diego will be able to
find one of those for sale at retail today?

My guess is that the OP will probably not want to buy a $35 gardena
sprinkler. But he seems to post here occasionally so he's not a
"drive-by" one-time poster. Maybe be will come back here into this
thread and tell us what his budget is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 07:10:30 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

On 7/6/2012 7:42 PM, Meanie wrote:
Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal coverage?

Thanks

Jess Stryker's site has everything you will likely ever need to know
about lawn irrigation, he
http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler00.htm

I believe he will also answer emails, but I would do my homework first
as the guy is not a commercial lawn guy.

As to a commerical lawn guy well maybe not but this is what he says on
his site........
"The tutorial was written by a professional landscape architect with
over 20 years of irrigation design experience."
Regardless, this looks like a nice site to start with (maybe end with
too). Of course I haven't read the entire site yet grin.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 7/7/2012 7:57 AM, Home Guy wrote:
Doug wrote:

You really are a gem, aren't you?

Look at the responses so far.

Mostly for ancient sprinklers that are 30 to 60 years old.

And they're still being made and are widely available today...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug wrote:

You really are a gem, aren't you?

Look at the responses so far.

Mostly for ancient sprinklers that are 30 to 60 years old.

And they're still being made and are widely available today...

He just nym-shifted past filters, Guy @ Home or some such name. I
scattered some chicken bones, a little voodoo and he is back where he
started.

Next time I'll kill his "domain" and be done with this liar, thief and
troll.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 07:51:05 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

The idiot is on my blocked list. It's too bad the rest of the group doesn't
do the same.

You know I think I'm going to do the same and I haven't even read many
of his posts but I already got a glimpse of his personality from you
and another. Now all I have to figure out is how to filter correctly
in my newsreader. Regards.

Search the Help inside Forte Agent. In my older version it is as
simple as a right click on the message filter kill.

Today is his nym-shift day: Guy @ Home.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 7/7/2012 9:38 AM, Oren wrote:

He just nym-shifted past filters, Guy @ Home or some such name. I
scattered some chicken bones, a little voodoo and he is back where he
started.

Yeah, I had just done the same--"great minds and all that..."

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/6/2012 7:42 PM, Meanie wrote:
Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal coverage?

Thanks

Jess Stryker's site has everything you will likely ever need to know
about lawn irrigation, he
http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler00.htm

I believe he will also answer emails, but I would do my homework first
as the guy is not a commercial lawn guy.

As to a commerical lawn guy well maybe not but this is what he says on
his site........
"The tutorial was written by a professional landscape architect with
over 20 years of irrigation design experience."
Regardless, this looks like a nice site to start with (maybe end with
too). Of course I haven't read the entire site yet grin.

He obviously has advertisers on the site....Jess has had the site up for
a long time....been about 15 years or so since I first used it. Home
page, if you scroll down, has topics other than irrigation, including
family photos. Jess is the landscape architect, per his page:

http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie wrote:

Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal
coverage?

Think about your question for a minute.

For one thing, anyone that's fortunate to have a lawn sprinkler that has
worked through a complete season, or even 2 or 3 seasons, is probably
not going to know it's make, model, or where they bought it.

And second, the odds that you're going to come across the same make and
model of (likely chinese-made) piece of hardware in your locality is
slim to none, if indeed that make and model is still in production in
the first place.

There was another stupid question here recently (a hand-pumped garden
sprayer I think). *Same logic applies.

You really are a gem, aren't you? * And I don't mean this as a
compliment. *I guess I shouldn't be surprised. *I was recently warned
about you.

You were warned but you didn't listen, did you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The idiot is on my blocked list. It's too bad the rest of the group doesn't
do the same.

You know I think I'm going to do the same and I haven't even read many
of his posts but I already got a glimpse of his personality from you
and another. Now all I have to figure out is how to filter correctly
in my newsreader. Regards.

Search the Help inside Forte Agent. In my older version it is as
simple as a right click on the message filter kill.

Today is his nym-shift day: Guy @ Home.

Will do Oren. Appreciate that grin !
Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie wrote:

[...]

Slow learner but I learned now. Forgive me :-|
(now to learn how to filter out this troll based on all his aliases,
domain names, etc... , ok just thought of a new post)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The idiot is on my blocked list. It's too bad the rest of the group doesn't
do the same.

You know I think I'm going to do the same and I haven't even read many
of his posts but I already got a glimpse of his personality from you
and another. Now all I have to figure out is how to filter correctly
in my newsreader. Regards.

Search the Help inside Forte Agent. In my older version it is as
simple as a right click on the message filter kill.

Today is his nym-shift day: Guy @ Home.

Will do Oren. Appreciate that grin !

Do a "global" filter -- any groups he posts in and that you follow
will kill his messages.

There are two groups for Agent.

alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 6, 7:42*pm, "Meanie" wrote:
Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal coverage?

Thanks

I just bought one these a few minutes ago.

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/spot-sprinkler-300853.html

$2.97

I've got a wierd shaped yard such that no sprinkler I've tried will
hit every section without moving it around and getting a bunch of
overlap.

This one is small enough to be able to water the little corners that
my other sprinklers won't reach.

I can now use this pulsating one in one spot to get most of the yard
and then getbthe smaller sections with the little one.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=202352647

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The idiot is on my blocked list. It's too bad the rest of the group doesn't
do the same.

You know I think I'm going to do the same and I haven't even read many
of his posts but I already got a glimpse of his personality from you
and another. Now all I have to figure out is how to filter correctly
in my newsreader. Regards.

Search the Help inside Forte Agent. In my older version it is as
simple as a right click on the message filter kill.

Today is his nym-shift day: Guy @ Home.

Will do Oren. Appreciate that grin !

Do a "global" filter -- any groups he posts in and that you follow
will kill his messages.

There are two groups for Agent.

alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified

Thanks Oren. I will include them now in my list of newsgroups.
Appreciate the help as always..... Doug
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dug Dug is offline

Doug wrote:

Thanks Oren. I will include them now in my list of newsgroups.
Appreciate the help as always..... Doug

How's the filter working today Doug?

Can you hear me now?