Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Independence Day Weather Tragedy 2012

Independence Day may bring many Americans an independence they never
expected as they enter another world due to heat related deaths. The
temperature is expected to rise upwards to 210 to 230 degrees F.
Firework have been cancelled in many regions around the USA because of
fire risks, while the insurance companies are demanding that our
patriotism is going to cost them a fortune if we light these fireworks.
After all, our nation is ruled by insurance companies and lawyers, while
the president of the USA gets a huge salary for doing nothing.

For those regions who still decide to do their usual fireworks displays,
it's expected that the air temperatures may rise another 10 to 20
degrees F after these aerial displays, due to the added heat from these
fireworks. Portions of the country are also under severe storm
warnings, with high winds and possibly tornados, which will likely occur
at the same time these fireworks are exploding. It's being suggested
that a strong tornado will vacuum up entire fireworks displays in the
midwest and ignite them as a fireball of destructive activity across the
entire continent of North America. Power will be knocked out for over
half the nation, communication systems will fail, and millions will die
in the process!

The preceeding does not take into account the fact that solar flares are
already causing havoc with communications systems, which conbined, may
bring down the entire communications system, causing complete and total
failure of the internet, cellphones, satellite television, the power
grid, and more.....

Happy Independence Day 2012

---
We may meet again someday!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/3/2012 4:41 PM, wrote:
[...]

It's all Bush's fault. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

One thing for real here, we got lots of rain today. There was definitely a
fire hazard going. Grasses brown.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message ...
[...]

Global Warming: Who is culprit to Global Warming?

Big question for our scientist, but so far that I seen in papers or hear over the news are no answers to the scenario on
global warming and changes through out the world. I am not educated to make any statements what is causing these
problems, but I can outline some ingreediance that we all are well ware of. For example when approximately climate start
to change, my answer to that would be about same time when we started to have large wars through out the world.

Two; when industries started to manufacture indiscriminately without regard for climate and humanity but greed.

Three; our and other Governments putting stuff into space disregarding Mother Nature repercussions.

Four; use of communication indiscriminately knowingly that all communication generate heat two ways radiant and
sensitive adding it to atmosphere.

Five; this one maybe surprise to lots of people the SOLAR POWER, which our scientist believes is future

In generating electricity pollution free "really"

And disregarding that solar panels are reflecting or bouncing rays back to sun. They are telling people how much sun is
flaring off; but are not telling us what maybe or perhaps causing those flare-ups' and what is going to do in our
atmosphere and climate.

Six; we must remember that our scientist are on pay roll of Governments at large!!!!

http://www.triond.com/users/Tony944

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 3, 10:41*pm, wrote:
[...]

210degrees F. That'll be a new record then.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 16:41:20 -0500, wrote:

[...]

Really, the President gets a huge salary? I think around
$400,000/year. More than me certainly, but minor compared to the true
rulers of America, the corporate leaders.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 4, 2:14*pm, harry wrote:

210degrees F. That'll be a new record then.

Not here in Kansas ;O)
Posted to alt.home.repair

dgk wrote:

Really, the President gets a huge salary? I think around
$400,000/year. More than me certainly, but minor compared to the true
rulers of America, the corporate leaders.

The President is overpaid. Many corporate CEO's are underpaid.

I know I am.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:19:57 -0400, "
wrote:

CEOs should be paid on a percentage of profits.

Sort of, but it has to be monitored closely. You can make any company
look profitable for a year or two, take a huge salary and leave a mess
for the next guy to clean up.

Last place I worked, the new GM was given a bonus for new business. He
got lots of it. Not profitable, but he got lots of it. It did catch
up with him and his ass was fired and the company sold to a
competitor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

CEOs should be paid on a percentage of profits.

Sort of, but it has to be monitored closely. You can make any company
look profitable for a year or two, take a huge salary and leave a mess
for the next guy to clean up.

Monitored? By whom? I really don't have a problem with any CEO's (or baseball
player's) salary. I don't own any stocks right now so it's none of my
business. OTOH, all pay should be for performance (rather than tenure,
advanced degree, or whatever). Sometimes it is difficult to do but that
doesn't mean there shouldn't be an attempt.

Last place I worked, the new GM was given a bonus for new business. He
got lots of it. Not profitable, but he got lots of it. It did catch
up with him and his ass was fired and the company sold to a
competitor.

Right. Be careful what you measure, because you're going to get it, whether
you want it or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 18:18:24 -0400, "
wrote:

CEOs should be paid on a percentage of profits.

Sort of, but it has to be monitored closely. You can make any company
look profitable for a year or two, take a huge salary and leave a mess
for the next guy to clean up.

Monitored? By whom? I really don't have a problem with any CEO's (or baseball
player's) salary. I don't own any stocks right now so it's none of my
business. OTOH, all pay should be for performance (rather than tenure,
advanced degree, or whatever). Sometimes it is difficult to do but that
doesn't mean there shouldn't be an attempt.

That is why corporations have a board of directors. Companies have
too often hired people to make them profitable and they did for a
time. They take the big bonus and move on while the company founders
from lack of well paid managers that kept the place running, from loss
of reputation when quality when out the window, materials cheapened,
equipment not maintained etc. Looks good on paper short term, can
destroy you long term. .
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Absolutely agree, but shouldn't the attempt be made? Sometimes it's time for
a business to fail (Sears, RatShack, anyone?) and make room for a new idea.