Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Independence Day Weather Tragedy 2012

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 17:41:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:19:57 -0400, "
wrote:

CEOs should be paid on a percentage of profits.

Sort of, but it has to be monitored closely. You can make any company
look profitable for a year or two, take a huge salary and leave a mess
for the next guy to clean up.

Monitored? By whom? I really don't have a problem with any CEO's (or baseball
player's) salary. I don't own any stocks right now so it's none of my
business. OTOH, all pay should be for performance (rather than tenure,
advanced degree, or whatever). Sometimes it is difficult to do but that
doesn't mean there shouldn't be an attempt.

Last place I worked, the new GM was given a bonus for new business. He
got lots of it. Not profitable, but he got lots of it. It did catch
up with him and his ass was fired and the company sold to a
competitor.

Right. Be careful what you measure, because you're going to get it, whether
you want it or not.