Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lubrication failures to avoid

Thank you, Bob Haller, for the text, copied below.

What other lubrication failures can we think of, and warn our neighbor?

Three in one "sewing machine" oil is not used for electric motor bearings.
It turns gummy and sticky after a while.

Graphite is not used in the ignition locks of modern cars. It is
electrically conductive, and plays hell with the resistor chip in the key.

Now, for the sexual perverts to make some vaginal references.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
WD40 turns to goo when people attempt to use it as a lubricant

Vaseline turns to rock as it ages and is NOT A LUBRICANT!!!

I had a customer one time lube the machines I serviced with vasoline,
and a bunch of VCRs.

I had to soak the parts he lubed on my machines with gasoline, and the
customer ultimately tossed the 20 or so VCRs that had been lubed with
vasoline.....

the offender was replaced,

he just didnt get it and probably made the same mistake at his next
employeer........

Posted to alt.home.repair

.
WD40 turns to goo when people attempt to use it as a lubricant

Vaseline turns to rock as it ages and is NOT A LUBRICANT!!!

Valeline is simply a thick mineral oil - so although not a TERRIFIC
lubricant, it moist definitely IS a lubricant. What it is NOT is a
grease, as it does not have any "soap" base. ANd virtually ANY
lubricant will harden with age.

I had a customer one time lube the machines I serviced with vasoline,
and a bunch of VCRs.

I had to soak the parts he lubed on my machines with gasoline, and the
customer ultimately tossed the 20 or so VCRs that had been lubed with
vasoline.....

the offender was replaced,

he just didnt get it and probably made the same mistake at his next
employeer........

motherboard RAM failures Smitty Two Electronics Repair 33 April 1st 11 03:52 AM
OT - Bank Failures - Is yours still around? Libby Loo Metalworking 0 February 10th 09 05:15 AM
OT - Bank Failures - Is yours still around? steamer Metalworking 0 February 8th 09 05:02 AM
PIR unit failures Robin UK diy 11 December 29th 07 09:11 PM
Bridge Failures ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 34 September 28th 07 05:48 PM