Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Bank Failures - Is yours still around?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Feb 8, 7:18 pm, "Richard W." wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 06:25:50 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Feb 7, 8:34 am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
If you had any doubts how big a disaster Bush has left this Country
fix take a look at this.

Also note the following...

"In 2008, 25 banks were seized by officials, up from only 3 in 2007."

Now consider that we have lost NINE in the first six weeks of 2009.

Now stop and consider how the Republicans are dragging their feet
whining about the stimilus plan.

What is at stake is your job, your house and your 401K.

A suggestion...when you see a Republican, give them a slap along side
of their head and remind them that they are destroying this Country
playing their games.

TMT

The Republicans are not playing games, but some of the Democrats are
playing games. Much of what is in the stimulus plan will not
stimulate the economy. It is spending money that our grandchildren
will have to pay for things that will have no benefit by the time our
grandchildren are paying for them. Many studies show that Keynes idea
of stimulating the economy by government spending does not work. Most
economists are no longer Keynesian believers.

I would feel much better if there was less emphasis on passing a bill
quickly, and more emphasis on passing a bill that is effective. A
stimulus bill that has bipartison support and has been debated at
length is much more likely to be effective. TARP was passed quickly,
but seems to have had little effect.

What is needed is for all of those in Congress to work at passing
bills that are in the countries best interest, instead of passing
bills that are in the best interest of political parties or in the
best interests of congressmen.

I am concerned that we will get a " stimulus " bill that will not
work, will cause inflation, and prolong the recession.

Dan

FDR passed such bills..and prolonged the Great Depression at least 7
years. Some economists claim up to 11 yrs.

Yet Democrats hold him as a god.

They are irrational beasts at best, stupid buffoons at worst.

Gunner

I read this to. Also I read that the problem is that the first bail out
took
all the available money for loans. That's why nothing has happened there
is
no money left to borrow for new cars or homes. The government took it
all.
So how can borrowing more money help things? Since that's what got us
into
the problem.

I can't find the article on News max that said the first person to try to
stops the coming bank problems was Bill Clinton, but he couldn't get his
bill passed. The article also said that Bush 2 tried 18 times to fix the
problem since 2001, but the dems blocked him every time. Can you point me
the article?

Richard W.- Hide quoted text -

That's because it is not true.

This disaster is all REPUBLICAN.

Grow up.

OT - Bank Failures - Is yours still around? steamer Metalworking 0 February 8th 09 05:02 AM
PIR unit failures Robin UK diy 11 December 29th 07 09:11 PM
Bridge Failures ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 34 September 28th 07 05:48 PM
Viewsonic VG-150 LCD--Massive failures? prc1 Electronics Repair 0 December 11th 05 02:00 AM
More Rice Cooker Failures Sylvia Else Electronics Repair 3 August 6th 05 01:10 AM