DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lubrication failures to avoid (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/342888-lubrication-failures-avoid.html)

Stormin Mormon[_7_] June 27th 12 01:19 PM

Lubrication failures to avoid

Thank you, Bob Haller, for the text, copied below.

What other lubrication failures can we think of, and warn our neighbor?

Three in one "sewing machine" oil is not used for electric motor bearings.
It turns gummy and sticky after a while.

Graphite is not used in the ignition locks of modern cars. It is
electrically conductive, and plays hell with the resistor chip in the key.

Now, for the sexual perverts to make some vaginal references.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
WD40 turns to goo when people attempt to use it as a lubricant:(

Vaseline turns to rock as it ages and is NOT A LUBRICANT!!!

I had a customer one time lube the machines I serviced with vasoline,
and a bunch of VCRs.

I had to soak the parts he lubed on my machines with gasoline, and the
customer ultimately tossed the 20 or so VCRs that had been lubed with
vasoline.....

the offender was replaced,

he just didnt get it and probably made the same mistake at his next
employeer........

[email protected] June 28th 12 12:31 AM

Lubrication failures to avoid

.
WD40 turns to goo when people attempt to use it as a lubricant:(

Vaseline turns to rock as it ages and is NOT A LUBRICANT!!!

Valeline is simply a thick mineral oil - so although not a TERRIFIC
lubricant, it moist definitely IS a lubricant. What it is NOT is a
grease, as it does not have any "soap" base. ANd virtually ANY
lubricant will harden with age.