Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fuzzy Math

I called an upholstery cleaning company, Coit, who shall remain nameless,
and asked, roughly, what it might cost to clean two love seats.

"Seventy-five dollars each, but this month we're having a 40% discount,"
said the nice lady.

"Send 'em over," I replied.

Tech comes in the next day, looks at the furniture, strokes his chin, and
sits down with a calculator (I should have know that was a bad sign).

Eventual estimate, after carrying the three, came out thusly:

$75 + $75 - 0.40 x ($150) = $200.36

I cursed him like a red-headed step-child and escorted him from the
building.

FOLLOW UP---
I called the company, COIT, who shall still remain nameless, and politely
inquired:
"Good afternoon. I am a dissatisfied prospective customer. May I speak to
whomever handles complaints?"

"The manager and supervisor are out of the office for a training session. I
can transfer you to their voice mail," was the official response.

"Hmm. Now I have two complaints," said I. "I'll try again tomorrow."

Continuing...

A Warm Fuzzy J T Woodworking 2 July 7th 07 06:57 AM
Fuzzy TV picture [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 May 13th 07 12:23 PM
A Warm Fuzzy J T Woodworking 14 November 4th 06 10:17 PM
HP LAPTOP LCD FUZZY [email protected] Electronics Repair 7 September 12th 06 09:51 AM
Warm and Fuzzy . . . . . Phil Laird Woodworking 8 September 2nd 05 12:01 PM