Posted to alt.home.repair
SG SG is offline

Default Lubricant For Gas Line Fitting?

Outside coupler/fitting where I plug in the grill sticks occasionally,
the female end. Sometimes it goes right in, other times need to fiddle
around for 5 minutes or so to get it to lock on. What is a safe
lubricant I can use should any get in the line?

Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:32:08 -0500, SG wrote:

Outside coupler/fitting where I plug in the grill sticks occasionally,
the female end. Sometimes it goes right in, other times need to fiddle
around for 5 minutes or so to get it to lock on. What is a safe
lubricant I can use should any get in the line?

Thanks!

Any light pertoleum penetrant should be safe - just try not to get
more in the fitting than necessary.
Posted to alt.home.repair

What kind of a device are we discussing?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"SG" wrote in message
Outside coupler/fitting where I plug in the grill sticks occasionally,
the female end. Sometimes it goes right in, other times need to fiddle
around for 5 minutes or so to get it to lock on. What is a safe
lubricant I can use should any get in the line?

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"SG" wrote in message
Outside coupler/fitting where I plug in the grill sticks occasionally,
the female end. Sometimes it goes right in, other times need to fiddle
around for 5 minutes or so to get it to lock on. What is a safe
lubricant I can use should any get in the line?

Thanks!

Sounds like a natural gas quick-connect.

fitting velux windows in line jim UK diy 0 September 11th 08 04:36 PM
Flared gas line fittings - hex'd housing bottoming out before flare fitting James Home Repair 4 August 15th 06 01:27 PM
Lubricant David Metalworking 20 December 20th 05 06:29 AM
fitting for flexible gas line Toller Home Repair 3 August 27th 05 02:44 PM
Gas Line Fitting To A New Kitchen Stove Quest. Robert11 Home Repair 14 April 5th 05 05:41 AM