Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Feedback to all concerning buying recommended Speed Queenwasher/dryer AWESOME!

After doing a search to find the thread where I asked for
recommendation and finding NOTHING!!!!

Thought I'd still give some feedback to the group [maybe whoever
recommended them will see it]

I bought the most straightforward units I could find
WASHER Speed Queen AWN311
electric DRYER Speed Queen ADE 3LR

purchased from Number1Direct
[good prices, easy to work with]

The units arrived WELL PACKED and cleaner than when I bought Maytag!

Construction is awesome in comparison. Solid sides and bottoms!,
Everything looked robust. No 'delicate' parts hanging off or sticking
out.

SIMPLE TO USE!!!! turn on/turn off start stop these things don't care!
and best of all NO LOCKED LID!!! I had to remove that mechanical
locking switch on our Maytag! Don't have that here, only thing don't
like is the machine ALWAYS stops if you open the lid, but small price
to pay.

Tubs solid no streaking and BIG! compared. washer tub is large and low
so easy to fill and work in. Dryer is large and door is roomy so easy
to work in.

Whoever recommended Speed Queen hip hip hooray to them!

Comment from Ms. wow that cleaned on one time through, I used to have
to run our old machine three times to get to this point. Plus, she
HATED having all that automatic cycle decisions/sequences all done for
her. She likes to wash maybe 10 minutes, add chemicals continue for
anotehr 10, maybe do again. GE's washer with manual knob is now only
available with the feature that it AUTOMATICALLY DRAINS! wash and try
to restart to do the wash a bit longer and it drains!!! Wastes ALL of
your soap!

So there you have it. Speed Queen = Highly recommended.

Only ONE complaint. The electric dryer connection bolts [supplied by
Speed Quees] for the electrical connections *if* they slip out of your
fingers and drop; they fall down INSIDE dryer's chassis. To retrieve,
you have to remove side/back panels and wedge your arm in there to
gain access to reach in and retrieve them! Could have been solved
with a simple cardboard courtesy box/backing just to catch any wayward
screws, but again small price to pay to get robustness. Of course, if
I had not dropped them...

Anyway kudos to Speed Queen for something still well done.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Whoever recommended Speed Queen hip hip hooray to them!"

That was me, and you're welcome.