Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Special O-ring for gas grill regulator?

I have a gas grill that goes through an O-ring about once a year.

If you look closely at this picture you can see an O-ring where the
connector screws into the regulator.

http://www.clagrills.com/partsphotopages/00920.htm

About once a year this O-ring get chewed up and begins to leak. I've
bought the O-ring at a hardware store but I'm wondering if there is
someplace else I should be getting them from.

Is there a special material for gas grill O-rings?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sorry to hear. I'm wondering if the mating surface is rough, or maybe it
needs a blast of plumbers silicone grease?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I have a gas grill that goes through an O-ring about once a year.

If you look closely at this picture you can see an O-ring where the
connector screws into the regulator.

http://www.clagrills.com/partsphotopages/00920.htm

About once a year this O-ring get chewed up and begins to leak. I've
bought the O-ring at a hardware store but I'm wondering if there is
someplace else I should be getting them from.

Is there a special material for gas grill O-rings?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I have a gas grill that goes through an O-ring about once a year.

If you look closely at this picture you can see an O-ring where the
connector screws into the regulator.

http://www.clagrills.com/partsphotopages/00920.htm

About once a year this O-ring get chewed up and begins to leak. I've
bought the O-ring at a hardware store but I'm wondering if there is
someplace else I should be getting them from.

Is there a special material for gas grill O-rings?

Those take a lot of abuse. They are tightened very tight, there can be a
lot of sand and grit in there, and at times, they are left just hanging, not
screwed into anything. One a year is reasonable. If you have any doubts,
contact your supplier, and they can give you a straight up answer. If you
would like, I have the new Extendo-Life O-rings, which may last for years.
Or not. They are only $9.99 each, and come in a packet of six. They are
guaranteed for life. If one fails, merely send it back, and pay the paltry
shipping and handling fee ($9.99), and I shall mail you a replacement.
FREE! Hurry, they are selling fast.

Initial orders shipped FREE!. So, the initial order would ONLY be $59.94.
A cheap price to pay for security, don't you think?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 05:24:38 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I have a gas grill that goes through an O-ring about once a year.

If you look closely at this picture you can see an O-ring where the
connector screws into the regulator.

http://www.clagrills.com/partsphotopages/00920.htm

About once a year this O-ring get chewed up and begins to leak. I've
bought the O-ring at a hardware store but I'm wondering if there is
someplace else I should be getting them from.

Is there a special material for gas grill O-rings?

Nothing special that I'm aware of, but why are they going bad? I've
been using propane appliances for decades and have never had to
replace one.

Check the mating surface on the tank. Could be a burr or grit or
something causing the ring to get eaten up. They should last years
under normal use.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I have a gas grill that goes through an O-ring about once a year.

If you look closely at this picture you can see an O-ring where the
connector screws into the regulator.

http://www.clagrills.com/partsphotopages/00920.htm

About once a year this O-ring get chewed up and begins to leak. I've
bought the O-ring at a hardware store but I'm wondering if there is
someplace else I should be getting them from.

Is there a special material for gas grill O-rings?

Nothing special that I'm aware of, but why are they going bad? *I've
been using propane appliances for decades and have never had to
replace one.

Check the mating surface on the tank. *Could be a burr or grit or
something causing the ring to get eaten up. *They should last years
under normal use.

This is the first grill I've ever had a problem with.

It's a BBQ Grillware from Lowes. The first one started leaking after
about three years. I replaced and it started leaking a year later, now
it's a year later and it's leaking again.

I replaced it last night but I may have bought the wrong size because
it won't seal. I only brought the connector in with me, now I've taken
the regulator off and I'm going to take them both to the store.

One more try at a 40 cent O-ring. Next will be a $36 replacement
regulator/connector combination.