Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Special O-ring for gas grill regulator?

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I have a gas grill that goes through an O-ring about once a year.

If you look closely at this picture you can see an O-ring where the
connector screws into the regulator.

http://www.clagrills.com/partsphotopages/00920.htm

About once a year this O-ring get chewed up and begins to leak. I've
bought the O-ring at a hardware store but I'm wondering if there is
someplace else I should be getting them from.

Is there a special material for gas grill O-rings?

Those take a lot of abuse. They are tightened very tight, there can be a
lot of sand and grit in there, and at times, they are left just hanging, not
screwed into anything. One a year is reasonable. If you have any doubts,
contact your supplier, and they can give you a straight up answer. If you
would like, I have the new Extendo-Life O-rings, which may last for years.
Or not. They are only $9.99 each, and come in a packet of six. They are
guaranteed for life. If one fails, merely send it back, and pay the paltry
shipping and handling fee ($9.99), and I shall mail you a replacement.
FREE! Hurry, they are selling fast.

Initial orders shipped FREE!. So, the initial order would ONLY be $59.94.
A cheap price to pay for security, don't you think?

Steve