Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT| Uh oh! Trouble in paradise.

Shooting in Toronto Mall.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...8510HH20120602
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message
net...
Shooting in Toronto Mall.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...8510HH20120602

must of been an American tourist that smuggled his gun across the border
because dumbass says there is no crime in his country

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/22...rifying-critic

Posted to alt.home.repair

ChairMan wrote:

must of been an American tourist that smuggled his gun across the
border because dumbass says there is no crime in his country

No you asswipe.

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal american
guns smuggled into our country.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 21:40:55 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal american
guns smuggled into our country.

But the crazy canadiens buy them, don't they?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote:
ChairMan wrote:

must of been an American tourist that smuggled his gun across the
border because dumbass says there is no crime in his country

No you asswipe.

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal american
guns smuggled into our country.

On behalf of the sane Canadians, I would like to state this schmuck
represents the vocal minority, the silent majority are getting tired of
being smeared by the same brush

--
PV

"If Inflammable means more flammable, then what does incompetent mean?'

Posted to alt.home.repair

PV wrote:

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal
american guns smuggled into our country.

On behalf of the sane Canadians, I would like to state this
schmuck represents the vocal minority, the silent majority are
getting tired of being smeared by the same brush

PV does not represent sane Canadians.

He represents the silent minority that thinks it's the silent majority.

I at least can back up what I say.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ci-rc/repo.../index-eng.htm

It's absolutely a fact that the vast majority of illegal firearms
(mostly hand guns) used to commit criminal acts in Canada have come from
the USA (smuggled - not declared or legally imported).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 2, 6:40*pm, Home Guy wrote:
ChairMan wrote:
must of been an American tourist that smuggled his gun across the
border because dumbass says there is no crime in his country

No you asswipe.

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal american
guns smuggled into our country.

Or ones that were never turned in...and if you think that didn't
happen...

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/2/2012 11:42 PM, PV wrote:
Home Guy wrote:
ChairMan wrote:

must of been an American tourist that smuggled his gun across the
border because dumbass says there is no crime in his country

No you asswipe.

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal american
guns smuggled into our country.

On behalf of the sane Canadians, I would like to state this schmuck
represents the vocal minority, the silent majority are getting tired of
being smeared by the same brush

As I said before there are people with issues who are incapable of
rational thought. They are mad about something and think that their
trumped up in their mind issues need to be brought to everyone else who
just doesn't get it. Normal people understand that all places where
humans inhabit have their problems. home guy is the same sad person you
would find in the city park or some other public place who won't miss a
chance to "enlighten" everyone and it is pointless to attempt to reason
with.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012 21:42:08 -0600, "PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net
wrote:

n behalf of the sane Canadians, I would like to state this schmuck
represents the vocal minority, the silent majority are getting tired of
being smeared by the same brush

We understand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 06:55:54 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal american
guns smuggled into our country.

Or ones that were never turned in...and if you think that didn't
happen...

Harry K

C'mon. He needs to justify fault on Americans.

He did claim: "Any hand-gun crime"

Drive to the Canadian border with a "gun friendly" state tag on a
vehicle. If you have a tag from Chicago or Detroit, you can slip
right through the border without all the scrutiny. Those states are
not gun friendly and are welcome in Canada in an expedited manner.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote:
PV wrote:

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal
american guns smuggled into our country.

On behalf of the sane Canadians, I would like to state this
schmuck represents the vocal minority, the silent majority are
getting tired of being smeared by the same brush

PV does not represent sane Canadians.

He represents the silent minority that thinks it's the silent
majority.

I at least can back up what I say.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ci-rc/repo.../index-eng.htm

It's absolutely a fact that the vast majority of illegal firearms
(mostly hand guns) used to commit criminal acts in Canada have come
from the USA (smuggled - not declared or legally imported).

We're trying to spread freedom, security, the American Way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

PV wrote:
Home Guy wrote:
ChairMan wrote:

must of been an American tourist that smuggled his gun across the
border because dumbass says there is no crime in his country

No you asswipe.

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal
american
guns smuggled into our country.

On behalf of the sane Canadians, I would like to state this schmuck
represents the vocal minority, the silent majority are getting tired
of being smeared by the same brush

don't worry, I know alot of Canadians and hg is only representative of
the extemely nuts

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 21:40:55 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal
american
guns smuggled into our country.

But the crazy canadiens buy them, don't they?

NO, an American comes to canada and forces them to commit crimes at
gunpoint.
If they don't, they then bring them back to the US, brainwash them,
take them back to the border and let them loose on their unknowing
citizenry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

FU dip****

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal american
guns smuggled into our country.

Even if thats true(which you know its not), your fellow canadians buy
them then kill each other.
So your fellow canadians are just a ****ed up as you say we are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ChairMan wrote:
Home Guy wrote:
ChairMan wrote:

must of been an American tourist that smuggled his gun across the
border because dumbass says there is no crime in his country

No you asswipe.

FU dip****

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal american
guns smuggled into our country.

Even if thats true(which you know its not), your fellow canadians buy
them then kill each other.
So your fellow canadians are just a ****ed up as you say we are.

So some upset or crazy Canadian kills another. The dead Canadian probably
needed killin' and the killer gets locked up for a number of years.

Where's the bad?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net wrote in news:l2Byr.57978$9H3.46740
@newsfe06.iad:

Home Guy wrote:
ChairMan wrote:

must of been an American tourist that smuggled his gun across the
border because dumbass says there is no crime in his country

No you asswipe.

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal american
guns smuggled into our country.

On behalf of the sane Canadians, I would like to state this schmuck
represents the vocal minority, the silent majority are getting tired of
being smeared by the same brush

Home Guy is an embarrassment to me as a Canadian, and I'm sure to many
others.

He has zero knowledge of history, and zero common sense.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote in :

PV wrote:

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal
american guns smuggled into our country.

On behalf of the sane Canadians, I would like to state this
schmuck represents the vocal minority, the silent majority are
getting tired of being smeared by the same brush

PV does not represent sane Canadians.

He represents the silent minority that thinks it's the silent majority.

I at least can back up what I say.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ci-rc/repo.../index-eng.htm

It's absolutely a fact that the vast majority of illegal firearms
(mostly hand guns) used to commit criminal acts in Canada have come from
the USA (smuggled - not declared or legally imported).

Before the state strangled legal gun ownership in Canada in 1992, most
criminally-used guns were obtained domestically, through theft from
Canadian owners.

Now that there are many fewer legal Canadian owners, the guns are coming
from the next-closest possible source: the US.

Most smuggled guns are stolen from legal owners in the US, and are smuggled
up as part of drug shipments, or by the same people who are involved with
illicit drugs. Guns are needed by gang members as 1) status symbols, and 2)
to intimidate and battle rivals.

Should guns become unavailable in the US, do you really think gang members
will give up on guns? Firearms are readily available in much of the Third
World, which is where a substantial amount of certain types of drugs come
from. Drug interdiction efforts have persisted for 30-years, with zero sign
of any sort of success.

I see that news reports now say that the Toronto shooter and shootee were
both known to the cops, and were both known to have ties to gangs.

You want to eliminate gang violence? Legalize drugs.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2012 8:40 PM, gonjah wrote:
On 6/3/2012 7:17 PM, Tegger wrote:

I think there is *a bit* of truth the the notion some Canadians are
envious of Americans. I'm not sure that is the case here. I think he's
just a trolling. If it's not trolling it's some weird mental disorder.
Can't rule that out entirely. I know harry is trolling. He's all but
admitted it to me.

As a Canadian I agree with your post about being a bit envious. I think
it's because the Americans never cover Canada in their news.

America is like the really nice neighbour on the street that once a
month has a party at his house and the music gets cranked really loud at
2 a.m., but you can't really call the cops to shut down the party cause
the other 29 days of the month, that neighbour is a good friend and
let's you use his tools all the time...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Didn't Oh bomb Us apologize for that, already?
I thought he had every possible genuflect and
apology figured out already?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Duesenberg" wrote in message

As a Canadian I agree with your post about being a bit envious. I think
it's because the Americans never cover Canada in their news.

America is like the really nice neighbour on the street that once a
month has a party at his house and the music gets cranked really loud at
2 a.m., but you can't really call the cops to shut down the party cause
the other 29 days of the month, that neighbour is a good friend and
let's you use his tools all the time...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
ChairMan wrote:
Home Guy wrote:
ChairMan wrote:

must of been an American tourist that smuggled his gun across the
border because dumbass says there is no crime in his country

No you asswipe.

FU dip****

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal american
guns smuggled into our country.

Even if thats true(which you know its not), your fellow canadians buy
them then kill each other.
So your fellow canadians are just a ****ed up as you say we are.

So some upset or crazy Canadian kills another. The dead Canadian probably
needed killin' and the killer gets locked up for a number of years.

Where's the bad?

there is none, it's a win win

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 20:49:35 -0400, Duesenberg wrote:

On 6/3/2012 8:40 PM, gonjah wrote:
On 6/3/2012 7:17 PM, Tegger wrote:

I think there is *a bit* of truth the the notion some Canadians are
envious of Americans. I'm not sure that is the case here. I think he's
just a trolling. If it's not trolling it's some weird mental disorder.
Can't rule that out entirely. I know harry is trolling. He's all but
admitted it to me.

As a Canadian I agree with your post about being a bit envious. I think
it's because the Americans never cover Canada in their news.

America is like the really nice neighbour on the street that once a
month has a party at his house and the music gets cranked really loud at
2 a.m., but you can't really call the cops to shut down the party cause
the other 29 days of the month, that neighbour is a good friend and
let's you use his tools all the time...

HomoGuy's just ****ed because he wasn't invited to the party.
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

America is like the really nice neighbour on the street that once
month has a party at his house and the music gets cranked really
loud at 2 a.m.

HomoGuy's just ****ed because he wasn't invited to the party.

When people are snorting "bath salts" and turning into flesh-eating
zombies - that's one party that I wouldn't go to even if I was
invited...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote:
ChairMan wrote:

[...]

Not so sure about going with what troubled people tell you. harry and
home guy both have that same anger in their writings.
Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:

Not so sure about going with what troubled people tell you. harry
and home guy both have that same anger in their writings.

Anger?

I post examples of how and why the USA is going down the toilet - and
you confuse that with anger?

No wonder you're going down the toilet as a country.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 08:32:11 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

" wrote:

America is like the really nice neighbour on the street that once
month has a party at his house and the music gets cranked really
loud at 2 a.m.

HomoGuy's just ****ed because he wasn't invited to the party.

When people are snorting "bath salts" and turning into flesh-eating
zombies - that's one party that I wouldn't go to even if I was
invited...

I thought the literacy rate in Canuckistan was higher than Harlem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2012 8:32 AM, Home Guy wrote:
" wrote:

America is like the really nice neighbour on the street that once
month has a party at his house and the music gets cranked really
loud at 2 a.m.

HomoGuy's just ****ed because he wasn't invited to the party.

When people are snorting "bath salts" and turning into flesh-eating
zombies - that's one party that I wouldn't go to even if I was
invited...

"Bath Salts" are in Canada now and in fact the Americans have taken the
lead banning the key substances in "Bath Salts" while Canada has not....

Halifax and Edmonton are already asking for help in dealing with "Bath
Salts"
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message
net...
Shooting in Toronto Mall.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...8510HH20120602

Similar to "gun-free" Chicago where 40 were shot and 10 killed during a
recent 50 hour period
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1362604.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote in
net:

I think there is *a bit* of truth the the notion some Canadians are
envious of Americans.

There's a LOT of truth to that. It's a big part of the anti-Americanism
expressed by many Canadians.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

Duesenberg wrote in :

On 6/3/2012 8:40 PM, gonjah wrote:
On 6/3/2012 7:17 PM, Tegger wrote:

I think there is *a bit* of truth the the notion some Canadians are
envious of Americans. I'm not sure that is the case here. I think he's
just a trolling. If it's not trolling it's some weird mental disorder.
Can't rule that out entirely. I know harry is trolling. He's all but
admitted it to me.

As a Canadian I agree with your post about being a bit envious. I think
it's because the Americans never cover Canada in their news.

No, it's because the US has a higher standard of living than Canada, more
consumer-product choices, more places to live, more and better
entertainment, warmer weather...

--
Tegger

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:27:32 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

As a Canadian I agree with your post about being a bit envious. I think
it's because the Americans never cover Canada in their news.

No, it's because the US has a higher standard of living than Canada, more
consumer-product choices, more places to live, more and better
entertainment, warmer weather...

Even the poor people in America have a higher standard than the rest
of the world.

I won't try to break down the percentages, but:

98% of our poor have a television, air conditioning, cell phones, PSP
play stations, cars with spinners on the wheels, high speed Internet,
cable television service, food stamps, gold teeth (grill), a Mr. T
starter gold chain set, and a preference for living with government
benefits.

In Ethiopia, folks have to chase the fastest local animal, a chicken.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tegger wrote:

I see that news reports now say that the Toronto shooter and shootee
were both known to the cops, and were both known to have ties to
gangs.

You want to eliminate gang violence? Legalize drugs.

Somebody is presuming that the elimination of gang violence is a Good Thing
(TM).

If eliminating violence is, indeed, the goal, simply give each gang member a
gun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 16:36:22 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Tegger wrote:

I see that news reports now say that the Toronto shooter and shootee
were both known to the cops, and were both known to have ties to
gangs.

You want to eliminate gang violence? Legalize drugs.

Somebody is presuming that the elimination of gang violence is a Good Thing
(TM).

If eliminating violence is, indeed, the goal, simply give each gang member a
gun.

Yes. Even legalize pistol dueling.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Tegger wrote:

I see that news reports now say that the Toronto shooter and shootee
were both known to the cops, and were both known to have ties to
gangs.

You want to eliminate gang violence? Legalize drugs.

Somebody is presuming that the elimination of gang violence is a Good
Thing (TM).

If eliminating violence is, indeed, the goal, simply give each gang
member a gun.

In Toronto, innocent people got shot in a gang shootout. Do you /like/
that?

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
:

I thought the literacy rate in Canuckistan was higher than Harlem.

It sure is.

For instance, more Canadians can start their sentences with, "OK, so" than
Harlemers.

--
Tegger

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tegger wrote:

You want to eliminate gang violence? Legalize drugs.

Bloomberg Backs Plan to Limit Arrests for Marijuana

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/ny...st-policy.html

Published: June 4, 2012

ALBANY — The New York Police Department, the mayor and the city’s top
prosecutors on Monday endorsed a proposal to decriminalize the open
possession of small amounts of marijuana, giving an unexpected lift to
an effort by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo to cut down on the number of people
arrested as a result of police stops.

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, whose Police Department made about 50,000
arrests last year for low-level marijuana possession, said the
governor’s proposal “strikes the right balance” in part because it would
still allow the police to arrest people who smoke marijuana in public.

The marijuana arrests are a byproduct of the Police Department’s
increasingly controversial stop-and-frisk practice. Mr. Bloomberg and
police officials say the practice has made the city safer, but, because
most of those stopped are black or Hispanic, the practice has been
criticized as racially biased by advocates for minority communities.

The support expressed by Mr. Bloomberg, prosecutors and police officials
is likely to carry significant weight in the Republican-led State
Senate, which is the key obstacle to passage of the bill in Albany
during this year’s legislative session. Mr. Cuomo has amassed a strong
track record of winning passage of legislation he embraces, and the
speaker of the Assembly, Sheldon Silver, joined him at his news
conference Monday, indicating that the Democrat-controlled Assembly
would back the measure. The Republican Senate leadership has
traditionally opposed legislation it views as soft on criminals.

Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, framed the issue as one of racial justice as well
as common sense, saying that the police in New York City were wasting
time, resources and good will making tens of thousands of unnecessary
arrests. Possession of small amounts of marijuana is a crime only if the
marijuana is in public view or if it is being smoked in public, but many
of the marijuana possession arrests have been occurring when the police
order someone stopped to empty his or her pockets, making the marijuana
visible — a phenomenon the governor called an “aggravated complication”
of the stop-and-frisk practice.

“It becomes a question of balance,” the governor said of the city’s
police stops. “Part of the balance is the relationship with the
community. I think the N.Y.P.D. and the mayor are making efforts to work
with the community.”

The governor’s announcement was cheered by lawmakers from minority
neighborhoods as well as by civil rights groups, who are increasingly
looking to Albany and to Washington in an effort to rein in what they
see as overly aggressive tactics on the part of the Bloomberg
administration.

Black leaders also cited the governor’s proposal as a rare recognition
of — and attempt to remedy — what they describe as a cultural and legal
double standard: that young African-American men are being arrested in
large numbers for an activity — using marijuana — that is prevalent, but
with less frequent legal consequences, among whites of the same age.

“Some of our police officers are making race-based discretionary
decisions on who they’re going to arrest for low-level marijuana
possession,” said Leroy Gadsden, the president of a branch of the
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People in Jamaica,
Queens, and the chairman of the criminal justice committee for the
statewide N.A.A.C.P. “Therefore, of course, if you’re a young, black
male, even a female, you’re going to feel that you’re being targeted
when you notice that your white counterparts are not being arrested for
the same thing.”

The Rev. Al Sharpton praised Mr. Cuomo’s proposal as “a step in the
right direction” in curbing what he described as racial profiling by the
Police Department. And Assemblyman Hakeem Jeffries, a Brooklyn Democrat
who has pushed legislation to end low-level marijuana arrests, said, “It
cannot be criminal behavior for one group of people and socially
acceptable behavior for another group of people, where the dividing line
is race.”

A spokesman for Mr. Bloomberg rejected the notion that the Police
Department acted with racial bias in arresting people for marijuana
possession.

Under Mr. Cuomo’s proposal, the state would downgrade the possession of
25 grams or less of marijuana in public view from a misdemeanor to a
violation, with a maximum fine of $100 for first-time drug offenders. It
is already a violation to possess that amount without putting it into
public view.

In September, facing growing pressure over the marijuana arrests, Police
Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly issued a memorandum clarifying that the
police were not to arrest people who take small amounts of marijuana out
of their pockets after being stopped. A city spokesman said that
low-level marijuana arrests had fallen by nearly a quarter since then.

Mr. Bloomberg, whose administration had previously defended low-level
marijuana arrests as a means of deterring more serious crimes, said on
Monday that Mr. Cuomo’s proposal was consistent with Mr. Kelly’s
directive. Mr. Kelly made a rare trip to the Capitol to join Mr. Cuomo
at the news conference as a way of demonstrating the city’s support for
the governor’s proposal.

“This law will make certain that the confusion in this situation will be
eliminated,” Mr. Kelly said, adding, “Quite frankly, it will make the
application of this law much clearer.”

Mr. Cuomo said changing the law was a better approach in the long term,
saying, “I think it puts the police in an awkward position to tell them,
enforce some laws, don’t enforce other laws.”

“This is nice and clean: change the law, period,” the governor added.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tegger wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Tegger wrote:

I see that news reports now say that the Toronto shooter and shootee
were both known to the cops, and were both known to have ties to
gangs.

You want to eliminate gang violence? Legalize drugs.

Somebody is presuming that the elimination of gang violence is a Good
Thing (TM).

If eliminating violence is, indeed, the goal, simply give each gang
member a gun.

In Toronto, innocent people got shot in a gang shootout. Do you /like/
that?

Well, no, of course not. But people die in automobiles, swimming pools, and
tight-rope walking.

Death of the innocents may be, regrettably, the price we have to pay to
achieve the greater good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:

Not so sure about going with what troubled people tell you. harry and
home guy both have that same anger in their writings.

In the "I'm OK, You're OK" matrix, Harry and HG are internally Not OK,
although they think they are. They can, however, reach a More-OK state by
tearing down those they see as OK.

That is, they are relatively More OK once they find the flaw in others.

Note that nothing about them changed, only their perception of others. The
pathology is, regrettably, a never-ending quest inasmuch as they,
themselves, never improve.

This classic "I'm OK, You're not" is typical of paranoia and is the most
difficult to cure since any attempt to do so by others is regarded as an
assault by the Not OK folks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:

When I went to Niagara Falls, in 2006, the US side looks depressed and
run down and the Canadian side was bustling. The casinos seem to
account for most of the business.

The little I've seen of Canada, Niagra Falls, Vancover and Creston BC,
seemed very nice, but I've only gone on short day trips.

There's some truth to that observation but I attribute the comparison more
to the state of New York than the U.S. as a whole.

My view is that if New York would correct its Draconian gun laws, things
would improve significantly.

But I could be wrong.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tegger" wrote in message
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Tegger wrote:

I see that news reports now say that the Toronto shooter and shootee
were both known to the cops, and were both known to have ties to
gangs.

You want to eliminate gang violence? Legalize drugs.

Somebody is presuming that the elimination of gang violence is a Good
Thing (TM).

If eliminating violence is, indeed, the goal, simply give each gang
member a gun.

In Toronto, innocent people got shot in a gang shootout. Do you /like/
that?

IN the US, law-abiding gun owners shoot more than twice the number of
crimnals than the police do.
At the same time, the police shoot nearly 6 times as many innocent
bystanders are civilians do.
A good argument for arming citizens and disarming the police.

Holiday in Paradise Global UK diy 8 November 6th 08 07:44 AM
escape from paradise crack [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 27th 08 12:53 PM
The Way to Paradise algagaa Woodworking 3 February 2nd 08 07:44 PM
The Way to Paradise algagaa Electronics Repair 0 February 2nd 08 03:06 PM
Metalworker's paradise Charles Morrill Metalworking 1 July 20th 03 05:32 AM