Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT| Uh oh! Trouble in paradise.

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:27:32 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

As a Canadian I agree with your post about being a bit envious. I think
it's because the Americans never cover Canada in their news.

No, it's because the US has a higher standard of living than Canada, more
consumer-product choices, more places to live, more and better
entertainment, warmer weather...

Even the poor people in America have a higher standard than the rest
of the world.

I won't try to break down the percentages, but:

98% of our poor have a television, air conditioning, cell phones, PSP
play stations, cars with spinners on the wheels, high speed Internet,
cable television service, food stamps, gold teeth (grill), a Mr. T
starter gold chain set, and a preference for living with government
benefits.

In Ethiopia, folks have to chase the fastest local animal, a chicken.