Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_3_] Tegger[_3_] is offline

Default OT| Uh oh! Trouble in paradise.

Home Guy wrote in :

PV wrote:

Any hand-gun crime we have can be traced directly to illegal
american guns smuggled into our country.

On behalf of the sane Canadians, I would like to state this
schmuck represents the vocal minority, the silent majority are
getting tired of being smeared by the same brush

PV does not represent sane Canadians.

He represents the silent minority that thinks it's the silent majority.

I at least can back up what I say.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ci-rc/repo.../index-eng.htm

It's absolutely a fact that the vast majority of illegal firearms
(mostly hand guns) used to commit criminal acts in Canada have come from
the USA (smuggled - not declared or legally imported).

Before the state strangled legal gun ownership in Canada in 1992, most
criminally-used guns were obtained domestically, through theft from
Canadian owners.

Now that there are many fewer legal Canadian owners, the guns are coming
from the next-closest possible source: the US.

Most smuggled guns are stolen from legal owners in the US, and are smuggled
up as part of drug shipments, or by the same people who are involved with
illicit drugs. Guns are needed by gang members as 1) status symbols, and 2)
to intimidate and battle rivals.

Should guns become unavailable in the US, do you really think gang members
will give up on guns? Firearms are readily available in much of the Third
World, which is where a substantial amount of certain types of drugs come
from. Drug interdiction efforts have persisted for 30-years, with zero sign
of any sort of success.

I see that news reports now say that the Toronto shooter and shootee were
both known to the cops, and were both known to have ties to gangs.

You want to eliminate gang violence? Legalize drugs.

--
Tegger