Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - slightly How do you refill one of those McCormick Peppergrinders?

On 5/14/2012 11:12 AM, Robert Macy wrote:
Accumulated empties and now would like to refill with pepper corns

I took one 'sacrificial' unit and tried to disassemble, cutting and
slicing, but still haven't figured out how it's held together.

Any ideas on HOW to take one apart? refill, and put back together?

Robert, I too am a cheap skate and hated to toss the quite acceptable
McCormick grinder. What works really well for me was to heat the
plastic top under tap water in the microwave and pull it straight out
while warm. Refill. Push the top back on. I've reloaded one 4 times
now and it still works fine.

I like ground pepper. I had 2 bottles of pepper corns and the pepper
mills I owned had worn out.

--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
remove the seven
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 15, 11:35*pm, DanG wrote:
[...]

That's EXACTLY the detail I needed. Thank you!

Will try that and let people know.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 15, 11:35*pm, DanG wrote:
[...]

THANKS ! ! !

Armed with the knowledge it was possible, today I just grabbed the
pepper mill and pulled the top off. No need to heat, just a little
strength and belief and it came off!

Refilled, so I'm on my way, Thanks again!