Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG[_2_] DanG[_2_] is offline

Default OT - slightly How do you refill one of those McCormick Peppergrinders?

On 5/14/2012 11:12 AM, Robert Macy wrote:
Accumulated empties and now would like to refill with pepper corns

I took one 'sacrificial' unit and tried to disassemble, cutting and
slicing, but still haven't figured out how it's held together.

Any ideas on HOW to take one apart? refill, and put back together?

Robert, I too am a cheap skate and hated to toss the quite acceptable
McCormick grinder. What works really well for me was to heat the
plastic top under tap water in the microwave and pull it straight out
while warm. Refill. Push the top back on. I've reloaded one 4 times
now and it still works fine.

I like ground pepper. I had 2 bottles of pepper corns and the pepper
mills I owned had worn out.

--

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G