Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT If only.

If only she'd a had a six shooter, she'd a sorted him out good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harryagain" wrote in message
If only she'd a had a six shooter, she'd a sorted him out good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

She should be charged with assault and battery.
And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against
her.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2012 12:30 PM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"harryagain" wrote in message
If only she'd a had a six shooter, she'd a sorted him out good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

She should be charged with assault and battery.
And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against her.

I'd say, good for her. The cyclist was an obvious ass for blocking the
road.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 May 2012 13:03:15 -0400, Frank
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

She should be charged with assault and battery.
And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against her.

I'd say, good for her. The cyclist was an obvious ass for blocking the
road.

Maybe the guy is deaf, can't hear the cars behind him...

The attacker was not in the same car as the video recorder as best as
I can tell. The person would be difficult to identify or find.

Besides, 'over-yonder' the innocent go to jail.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 May 2012 11:30:28 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

She should be charged with assault and battery.
And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against
her.

You do know you are talking to harry. The Town Crier. The liar that
called me a liar, as well as attacks on many others here.

The video is bull****. Did you hear any horns blowing, so the old
codgers would move over?

A staged event...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

She should be charged with assault and battery.
And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against her.

I'd say, good for her. The cyclist was an obvious ass for blocking the
road.

Maybe the guy is deaf, can't hear the cars behind him...

The attacker was not in the same car as the video recorder as best as
I can tell. The person would be difficult to identify or find.

Besides, 'over-yonder' the innocent go to jail.

There is a verbal exchange indicating the guy is not deaf.

I believe slower vehicle holding up traffic, more than 5 piled up behind
him, is supposed to yield to their passing.

Nice to see somebody in England with balls, even though a girl
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

She should be charged with assault and battery.
And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against her.

I'd say, good for her. The cyclist was an obvious ass for blocking the
road.

Maybe the guy is deaf, can't hear the cars behind him...

The attacker was not in the same car as the video recorder as best as
I can tell. The person would be difficult to identify or find.

Besides, 'over-yonder' the innocent go to jail.

There is a verbal exchange indicating the guy is not deaf.

I never heard any verbal words, did you? speakers on

I believe slower vehicle holding up traffic, more than 5 piled up behind
him, is supposed to yield to their passing.

No video of this terrible traffic event. I see no cars, other than the
person recording -- in one car. Where is this line of cars?

They just say all this happens
Posted to alt.home.repair

Did anybody here read the words that were on the video?????

This must be in England where they still have fox hunts possibly illegally.
The guy on the bike was a supporter of the hunts and the people in the car
were some sort of monitors kind of like a neighborhood watch for fox hunts.

So the bike rider was purposely getting in their way.

I found this in 10 seconds.

http://www.brightonanimalaction.org/...aigns/hunting/

"harryagain" wrote in message
If only she'd a had a six shooter, she'd a sorted him out good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

She should be charged with assault and battery.
* *And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against
her.

You do know you are talking to harry. The Town Crier. The liar that
called me a liar, as well as attacks on many others here.

The video is bull****. *Did you hear any horns blowing, so the old
codgers would move over?

A staged event...

Us Brits rarely use our horns. It's considered impolite.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 15, 12:09*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Mon, 14 May 2012 15:46:32 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

If only she'd a had a six shooter, she'd a sorted him out good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

Emma Peel, is that you ! ! !

Heh Heh. "Emma Peel" looks pretty haggard these days poor thing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
On 5/14/2012 12:30 PM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"harryagain" wrote in message
If only she'd a had a six shooter, she'd a sorted him out good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

She should be charged with assault and battery.
And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against her.

I'd say, good for her. The cyclist was an obvious ass for blocking the
road.

AS much of an ass as ANY protestor who blocks a road.
Still, NOT an excuse for assault and battery.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

She should be charged with assault and battery.
And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against
her.

You do know you are talking to harry. The Town Crier. The liar that
called me a liar, as well as attacks on many others here.

The video is bull****. Did you hear any horns blowing, so the old
codgers would move over?

A staged event...

Us Brits rarely use our horns. It's considered impolite.

But you wear them really well...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 May 2012 06:54:15 -0500, Attila.Iskander wrote:
Us Brits rarely use our horns. It's considered impolite.

But you wear them really well...

Harry's is up his ass.
Posted to alt.home.repair
AJL AJL is offline

wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

She should be charged with assault and battery.
* *And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against
her.

You do know you are talking to harry. The Town Crier. The liar that
called me a liar, as well as attacks on many others here.

The video is bull****. *Did you hear any horns blowing, so the old
codgers would move over?

A staged event...

Us Brits rarely use our horns. It's considered impolite.

He's lucky he's a Brit. In parts of my city (Phoenix) he would have
been shot. In fact they shoot bicyclists occasionally just for sport.
You think I'm kidding??

Posted to alt.home.repair

AJL wrote:

Us Brits rarely use our horns. It's considered impolite.

He's lucky he's a Brit. In parts of my city (Phoenix) he would have
been shot. In fact they shoot bicyclists occasionally just for sport.
You think I'm kidding??

Same here, but before readers get the wrong impression, people are shot - in
Phoenix and Houston - only when they deserve it. Usually.

Posted to alt.home.repair
AJL AJL is offline

On Tue, 15 May 2012 20:41:48 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

AJL wrote:

Us Brits rarely use our horns. It's considered impolite.

He's lucky he's a Brit. In parts of my city (Phoenix) he would have
been shot. In fact they shoot bicyclists occasionally just for sport.
You think I'm kidding??

Same here, but before readers get the wrong impression, people are shot - in
Phoenix and Houston - only when they deserve it.

This one did:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...hot-in-phoenix

Usually.

But not always:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...on-way-to-work

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Good-Sa...148105245.html

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...ed-in-phoenix-
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

She should be charged with assault and battery.
And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against her.

I'd say, good for her. *The cyclist was an obvious ass for blocking the
road.

Maybe the guy is deaf, can't hear the cars behind him...

The attacker was not in the same car as the video recorder as best as
I can tell. *The person would be difficult to identify or find.

Besides, 'over-yonder' the innocent go to jail.

In the USA they are executed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Besides, 'over-yonder' the innocent go to jail.

In the USA they are executed.

Assume the accused DID NOT commit the act for which he was condemned. Then
consider the three rationales for punishment:

* Protection of society from further depradations of the evil-doer is
obviously non-operative since the accused is not an actual evil-doer.
* Rehabilitation of the offender is similarily off the table in that the
accused doesn't need rehabilitation.
* Deterrence of those with evil ambitions.

The latter is still in play.

As the Lord High Mayor once said to the condemned on the gibbet: "Oh, we're
not hanging you because you killed Charlie, we're hanging you so that others
won't kill."

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

AJL wrote:

Us Brits rarely use our horns. It's considered impolite.

He's lucky he's a Brit. In parts of my city (Phoenix) he would have
been shot. In fact they shoot bicyclists occasionally just for
sport. You think I'm kidding??

Same here, but before readers get the wrong impression, people are
shot - in Phoenix and Houston - only when they deserve it.

This one did:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...hot-in-phoenix

Usually.

But not always:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...on-way-to-work

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Good-Sa...148105245.html

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...ed-in-phoenix-

Well, I, uh, don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because
of a single slip-up...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My mistake in taking the video as presented.
Who knows how far the staging went?
Cyclist might have even been in on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 May 2012 07:13:45 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

harry wrote:

Besides, 'over-yonder' the innocent go to jail.

In the USA they are executed.

Assume the accused DID NOT commit the act for which he was condemned. Then
consider the three rationales for punishment:

* Protection of society from further depradations of the evil-doer is
obviously non-operative since the accused is not an actual evil-doer.
* Rehabilitation of the offender is similarily off the table in that the
accused doesn't need rehabilitation.
* Deterrence of those with evil ambitions.

The latter is still in play.

As the Lord High Mayor once said to the condemned on the gibbet: "Oh, we're
not hanging you because you killed Charlie, we're hanging you so that others
won't kill."

harry doesn't understand deterrence. You are way over his head on
this one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 May 2012 23:36:06 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

Besides, 'over-yonder' the innocent go to jail.

In the USA they are executed.

Sure. Completely legal. The Feds finally came around and
re-implemented the death penalty.

Being a humane society, we swab the arm with alcohol swabs before we
execute them. Can't let them die from infection.

Unless they chose hanging or firing squad -- in some states.

....but you already know all this
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Besides, 'over-yonder' the innocent go to jail.

In the USA they are executed.

Sure. Completely legal. The Feds finally came around and
re-implemented the death penalty.

Being a humane society, we swab the arm with alcohol swabs before we
execute them. *Can't let them die from infection.

Unless they chose hanging or firing squad -- in some states.

...but you already know all this

But at the end of the day, it doesn't seem to help
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Sure. Completely legal. The Feds finally came around and
re-implemented the death penalty.

Being a humane society, we swab the arm with alcohol swabs before we
execute them. Can't let them die from infection.

Unless they chose hanging or firing squad -- in some states.

...but you already know all this

But at the end of the day, it doesn't seem to help

Sure it does. Those who are executed don't kill anyone else.

The whole thing is kind of like "biting dog" rules. You put the dog down,
presto, no more biting. At least from THAT dog.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 9:01*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

Sure. Completely legal. The Feds finally came around and
re-implemented the death penalty.

Being a humane society, we swab the arm with alcohol swabs before we
execute them. Can't let them die from infection.

Unless they chose hanging or firing squad -- in some states.

...but you already know all this

But at the end of the day, it doesn't seem to help

Sure it does. Those who are executed don't kill anyone else.

The whole thing is kind of like "biting dog" rules. You put the dog down,
presto, no more biting. At least from THAT dog.

Tough **** if they get it wrong and the killer is still on the streets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Sure it does. Those who are executed don't kill anyone else.

The whole thing is kind of like "biting dog" rules. You put the dog
down, presto, no more biting. At least from THAT dog.

Tough **** if they get it wrong and the killer is still on the
streets.

No, there's still the deterrence factor.

In your example, the murderer may very well say to himself "Whew! I almost
got executed! I better straighten up and do right!"

Of course he may very well think that if he got away with it once, he will
escape punishment again!

It is said that the wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind very
fine. We'll get him eventually, no matter how many we have to execute.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 17 May 2012 07:23:55 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

harry wrote:

Sure it does. Those who are executed don't kill anyone else.

The whole thing is kind of like "biting dog" rules. You put the dog
down, presto, no more biting. At least from THAT dog.

Tough **** if they get it wrong and the killer is still on the
streets.

No, there's still the deterrence factor.

In your example, the murderer may very well say to himself "Whew! I almost
got executed! I better straighten up and do right!"

Of course he may very well think that if he got away with it once, he will
escape punishment again!

It is said that the wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind very
fine. We'll get him eventually, no matter how many we have to execute.

The single most thing; likely to get him caught is a broken taillight.

They can run, but they can't hide. When used, the death penalty is THE
final deterrence.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Besides, 'over-yonder' the innocent go to jail.

In the USA they are executed.

Sure. Completely legal. The Feds finally came around and
re-implemented the death penalty.

Being a humane society, we swab the arm with alcohol swabs before we
execute them. *Can't let them die from infection.

Unless they chose hanging or firing squad -- in some states.

...but you already know all this

But at the end of the day, it doesn't seem to help

Don't be silly:

- The control center changes the master population count - minus one.
Transfer to local morgue.

- Call Food Service and cancel a meal for death row.

- Assign another death row cell to another condemned person.

- Calls F/S back and adds one meal to the food cart.

It does help.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:

Sure it does. Those who are executed don't kill anyone else.

The whole thing is kind of like "biting dog" rules. You put the dog
down, presto, no more biting. At least from THAT dog.

Tough **** if they get it wrong and the killer is still on the
streets.

No, there's still the deterrence factor.

In your example, the murderer may very well say to himself "Whew! I almost
got executed! I better straighten up and do right!"

Of course he may very well think that if he got away with it once, he will
escape punishment again!

It is said that the wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind very
fine. We'll get him eventually, no matter how many we have to execute.

The single most thing; likely to get him caught is a broken taillight.

They can run, but they can't hide. When used, the death penalty is THE
final deterrence.- Hide quoted text -

So why is the USA the murder our times ours?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

Either it's no deterrent or you're getting the wrong people.
Or your cops are ****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 17 May 2012 12:19:50 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

So why is the USA the murder our times ours?

....because you can't tell me what your are trying to say, here?!

~
ya muppet..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

So why is the USA the murder our times ours?

...because you can't tell me what your are trying to say, here?!

Nothing important.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

So why is the USA the murder our times ours?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

The propensity to commit murder and mayhem is genetic. You killed off all
your carriers - or shipped them to penal colonies - generations ago.

What's left are wimps.

Either it's no deterrent or you're getting the wrong people.
Or your cops are ****.

Frankly, our cops arrest the squints every chance they get, it's the juries
and the judges we elect that turn them loose. Plus, I shudder to think what
the murder rate would be without what deterrence there is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

But at the end of the day, it doesn't seem to help

Don't be silly:

- The control center changes the master population count - minus one.
Transfer to local morgue.

- Call Food Service and cancel a meal for death row.

- Assign another death row cell to another condemned person.

- Calls F/S back and adds one meal to the food cart.

It does help.

You remind me of a good idea: In my state (Texas), the prison system
recently abandoned the "last meal" privilege. For like forever, the
condemned person got to specify what he wanted to eat for his last meal, up
to, I think, about $25. That is, somebody would gather the required food
from outside sources (if necessary). The inmate could, for example, ask for
KFC chicken, watermelon, Blue Bell ice cream, a cut of prime rib, or almost
anything else, even if not normally provided by the prison kitchen.

No more.

So here's my idea: A website, possibly called "lastmeal.org" which would
solicit donations to provide this now-missing last act of mercy and charity.

Of course there would be significant overhead, salaries and so forth...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 14, 9:46*am, "harryagain" wrote:
If only she'd a had a six shooter, she'd a sorted him out good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

I am a cyclist but it is guys like him that damage our image. But I
would have felt better about this if I had heard the folks in the car
at least honk.

I say good for her! and BTW, I doubt if he was deaf. At the last
moment he did look to the side to see here coming. I suspect she was
vocal on her approach.

Also BTW - Why as this turkey been singled out as a "Hunt" supporter.
He is a turkey and hunting has nothing to do with it.

RonB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 May 2012 07:38:11 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Oren wrote:

[...]

I propose the last meal be an MRE (meals ready to eat) packet.

He might want a 1942 cracker.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oren wrote:

[...]

Can they even give the condemned a meal before an IV?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oren wrote:

[...]

I expect they can. Say the guy is on a self-declared hunger strike.
He needs to be kept alive so he doesn't cheat justice and get a proper
execution.

Depending on the agency, he could be force feed 2100 liquid calories
with a tube and funnel before being put too death.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oren wrote:

[...]

Perhaps the ACLU should look into that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 18, 2:10*pm, RonB wrote:
On May 14, 9:46*am, "harryagain" wrote:

If only she'd a had a six shooter, she'd a sorted him out good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps!

I am a cyclist but it is guys like him that damage our image. *But I
would have felt better about this if I had heard the folks in the car
at least honk.

I say good for her! *and BTW, I doubt if he was deaf. *At the last
moment he did look to the side to see here coming. *I suspect she was
vocal on her approach.

Also BTW - Why as this turkey been singled out as a "Hunt" supporter.
He is a turkey and hunting has nothing to do with it.

RonB

Foxes notTurkeys. There is conjecture that he did it deliberately to
sabotage a nearby foxhunt. (Hunt Sabateurs Association).
http://hsa.enviroweb.org/