Junior Member

Default Lawn Mower repair

I have a 1993 MTD 14 hp 42" cut riding mower. I think the model # is 134M679G372. My problem is I ran over a rock or stump and now my deck won't operate properly. When I set the cutting height the deck continues to drop, unevenly I might add. Any pressure on the deck on either side will cause that side to drop. I've looked it over and can't see any apparent reason for the deck not to work, ie nothing appears to be broken or loose. Can anyone help?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Orneryone wrote:
I have a 1993 MTD 14 hp 42" cut riding mower. I think the model # is
134M679G372. My problem is I ran over a rock or stump and now my deck
won't operate properly. When I set the cutting height the deck
continues to drop, unevenly I might add. Any pressure on the deck on
either side will cause that side to drop. I've looked it over and can't
see any apparent reason for the deck not to work, ie nothing appears to
be broken or loose. Can anyone help?

Hi,
If I were you, I'd find and get a copy of IPB, then it'd be easier to
figure it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
Orneryone

Sounds like you knocked loose one of the connection points for the
deck.

Lower it all the way and lay beside the machine and move the height
control up & down. You should then see the connection points. If you
are lucky you can just re-attach a cable or re-route onto a pulley.

Get free backup service using Drop Box
Access your files from your smartphone or tablet
Bonus space provided using this link: http://db.tt/RIONkfbZ