Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawn Mower Repair Question

I have a 6 yr old Sears Poulon Pro 22"/w a 6hp B&S Quantum. Anyway I
just rebuilt the carberator on it. I put the complete B&S carb kit on
it. My problem is, it works great for a little while, but after it sits
for a little while, something happens with the float or float needle
and the thing starts leaking gas out of the throat until it emptys my
tank. Its one of those kind with the primer bulb. I'm using clean
freash gas and a clean tank. I've taken it apart a second time. After
putting it back together, being very carefull with assembly of needle
and float, same senario? I've already ruined two new air filters with
gas soaking into them and they aren't cheap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 6 yr old Sears Poulon Pro 22"/w a 6hp B&S Quantum. Anyway I
just rebuilt the carberator on it. I put the complete B&S carb kit on
it. My problem is, it works great for a little while, but after it sits
for a little while, something happens with the float or float needle
and the thing starts leaking gas out of the throat until it emptys my
tank. Its one of those kind with the primer bulb. I'm using clean
freash gas and a clean tank. I've taken it apart a second time. After
putting it back together, being very carefull with assembly of needle
and float, same senario? I've already ruined two new air filters with
gas soaking into them and they aren't cheap.

you may need to adjust the float since it is not shutting off the fuel when
the bowl gets full.Usually you will bend up the tab that the needle rests a
little bit to seat the needle sooner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

digitalmaster wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 6 yr old Sears Poulon Pro 22"/w a 6hp B&S Quantum. Anyway I
just rebuilt the carberator on it. I put the complete B&S carb kit on
it. My problem is, it works great for a little while, but after it sits
for a little while, something happens with the float or float needle
and the thing starts leaking gas out of the throat until it emptys my
tank. Its one of those kind with the primer bulb. I'm using clean
freash gas and a clean tank. I've taken it apart a second time. After
putting it back together, being very carefull with assembly of needle
and float, same senario? I've already ruined two new air filters with
gas soaking into them and they aren't cheap.

you may need to adjust the float since it is not shutting off the fuel when
the bowl gets full.Usually you will bend up the tab that the needle rests a
little bit to seat the needle sooner.

Thanks D.M., I Think that did the trick. I know when I rebuilt the carb
on my 52 Ford 8N, the kit came with a ruler that you measured the
float. Idon't know I I didn't think of that before?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Since you didn't ask a question, I will only agree with you. Yep,
sounds like you have leaky gasoline.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 6 yr old Sears Poulon Pro 22"/w a 6hp B&S Quantum. Anyway I
just rebuilt the carberator on it. I put the complete B&S carb kit on
it. My problem is, it works great for a little while, but after it
sits
for a little while, something happens with the float or float needle
and the thing starts leaking gas out of the throat until it emptys my
tank. Its one of those kind with the primer bulb. I'm using clean
freash gas and a clean tank. I've taken it apart a second time. After
putting it back together, being very carefull with assembly of needle
and float, same senario? I've already ruined two new air filters with
gas soaking into them and they aren't cheap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...

digitalmaster wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Excellent! But, if you find that it doesn't quite do the trick check your
float to be sure that no gas has migrated into it. Just shake it and you
will be able to hear any liquid inside.

Lawn Mower Andy & Carol Home Repair 14 March 14th 05 04:01 AM
Lawn mower throttles? meirman Home Repair 2 January 24th 05 03:28 PM
lawn mower stalls unless I tip it! meirman Home Repair 4 November 15th 04 09:13 PM
Mower repair question James Home Repair 4 November 3rd 04 06:50 PM
Use Dry-Lub or Grease on Bike Chain and Lawn Mower? Jay Chan Home Repair 16 July 14th 04 07:17 PM