Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Briggs & Stratton moving some production to China

"...Briggs & Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal
shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be moved
to China."

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...Tsv2kSQNg.cspx

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

"...Briggs & Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of
horizontal shaft engines and small generators currently made
in Alabama will be moved to China."

What's that flushing sound I'm hearing?

Oh - right...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 7:39 AM, HeyBub wrote:
"...Briggs& Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal
shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be moved
to China."

At the present rate of descent, how much longer before China totally
owns the United States?

Will we become the United States of China?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 29, 12:39*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"...Briggs & Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal
shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be moved
to China."

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...cturer-to-Lay-...

Yep. Rich republicans don't care about America and the jobless.
They have f****d up America so now they are going to China.

Mit Romney bought companies, asset stripped them and moved them
abroad too. That's how he became rich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtV7vKDbU3A
There are lots more like this too.

Scumbag capitalists.
Now he wants tobe president to help his rich pals do more of the same.

You USAians need a proper revolution
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 6:39 AM, HeyBub wrote:
"...Briggs& Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal
shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be moved
to China."

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...Tsv2kSQNg.cspx

Their product has become a piece of **** over the years anyway. There
was a time when B&S was THEE engine to have. Now it's worse than a
junky Tecumseh.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 9:46 AM, Harvey Specter wrote:
On 4/29/2012 7:39 AM, HeyBub wrote:
"...Briggs& Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal
shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be
moved
to China."

At the present rate of descent, how much longer before China totally
owns the United States?

Will we become the United States of China?

i believe, financially, we already are.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:39:45 AM UTC-6, HeyBub wrote:
"...Briggs & Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal
shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be moved
to China."

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...Tsv2kSQNg.cspx

Why don't ALL manufacturers move their factories to China?

Goddamned idiots. I will NEVER buy anything with a B&S engine again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 10:46 AM, Harvey Specter wrote:
On 4/29/2012 7:39 AM, HeyBub wrote:
"...Briggs& Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal
shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be
moved
to China."

At the present rate of descent, how much longer before China totally
owns the United States?

Will we become the United States of China?

Why do you have to be so negative?

The Chinese factory workers live in *free* company owned dormitories and
get all the *free* fish heads and rice they can eat.

No more house payments, car payments, insurance or purchasing expensive
gasoline just to drive to work. They've got it made.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 10:58 AM, Roy wrote:
On Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:39:45 AM UTC-6, HeyBub wrote:
"...Briggs& Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal
shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be moved
to China."

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...Tsv2kSQNg.cspx

Why don't ALL manufacturers move their factories to China?

Goddamned idiots. I will NEVER buy anything with a B&S engine again.

better quit buying american cars also. B&S makes most of the ignition
lock cylinders.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 11:05 AM, harry wrote:
On Apr 29, 12:39 pm, wrote:
"...Briggs& Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal
shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be moved
to China."

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...cturer-to-Lay-...

Yep. Rich republicans don't care about America and the jobless.
They have f****d up America so now they are going to China.

Mit Romney bought companies, asset stripped them and moved them
abroad too. That's how he became rich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtV7vKDbU3A
There are lots more like this too.

Scumbag capitalists.
Now he wants tobe president to help his rich pals do more of the same.

You USAians need a proper revolution

You've made the serious error that Republicans run these corporations.
They are in it for the money and just as many are Democrats. Warren
Buffett is a good example.

Corporations are also not restricted by international boundaries.
I consult for a group here with facilities in the USA, management and
facilities in the UK and Europe and factories in Asia. Company is owned
by a Japanese conglomerate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 11:58 AM, Roy wrote:
On Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:39:45 AM UTC-6, HeyBub wrote:
"...Briggs& Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal
shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be moved
to China."

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...Tsv2kSQNg.cspx

Why don't ALL manufacturers move their factories to China?

Goddamned idiots. I will NEVER buy anything with a B&S engine again.

Get over it.

Over 20 years ago I knew a Ford engineer that left the company when he
got a three year assignment to adapt a Ford car to take a Japanese
engine. He was not being patriotic or anything, just thought the job
was boring so he went elsewhere.

I sued Ford about 30 years ago about one of their POS cars, which turned
out to have been assembled in Mexico.

I've been criticized in buying eye glasses from China for $50 which cost
me $350 here. Guess what the eye glass case for the $350 glasses has on
it? Right, "Made in China"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 1:03 PM, Frank wrote:

I've been criticized in buying eye glasses from China for $50 which cost
me $350 here. Guess what the eye glass case for the $350 glasses has on
it? Right, "Made in China"

The last pair I bought was approx $100 AND they were made in USA.

http://www.peerlessoptical.com/

"All Peerless Optical prescription eyeglasses are made in the USA.
Utilizing the most technologically advanced materials, manufacturing and
marketing methods, we deliver our product direct from our optical
laboratory in the United States to you."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 08:58:01 -0700 (PDT), Roy
wrote:

Why don't ALL manufacturers move their factories to China?

One reason is how will the user manual be translated. Reading a
Chinese manual is like studying Japanese arithmetic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 3:15 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

At the present rate of descent, how much longer before China totally
owns the United States?

Will we become the United States of China?

I would expect the rate of descent to increase as we near the bottom.

As more people lose their jobs to China, there will be fewer employed
people to buy domestic products which of course will trigger more plant
closings followed by more job losses. It's a never ending circle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It can end, but it will require different "our Nation's Leaders" to be
elected. Which isn't likely.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Hugh Jass" wrote in message

I would expect the rate of descent to increase as we near the bottom.

As more people lose their jobs to China, there will be fewer employed
people to buy domestic products which of course will trigger more plant
closings followed by more job losses. It's a never ending circle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hugh Jass writes:

On 4/29/2012 3:15 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

At the present rate of descent, how much longer before China totally
owns the United States?

Will we become the United States of China?

I would expect the rate of descent to increase as we near the bottom.

As more people lose their jobs to China, there will be fewer employed
people to buy domestic products which of course will trigger more
plant closings followed by more job losses. It's a never ending
circle.

Recent news articles indicate that some of the jobs lost to China
are coming back to the USA.

BGG isn't shutting down that plant, just moving one of the product
lines to China.

I don't know how much product BGG sells in China, but sometimes in
order to be able to sell into a market you need to move some
manufacturing there. With a government controlled market like
China, that could be especially true.

Not to make excuses for CEOs that decide to move jobs overseas.
One can only hope that the CEO jobs move there as quickly as
possible.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 1:54 PM, Kevin O. Conner wrote:
On 4/29/2012 1:03 PM, Frank wrote:

I've been criticized in buying eye glasses from China for $50 which cost
me $350 here. Guess what the eye glass case for the $350 glasses has on
it? Right, "Made in China"

The last pair I bought was approx $100 AND they were made in USA.

http://www.peerlessoptical.com/

"All Peerless Optical prescription eyeglasses are made in the USA.
Utilizing the most technologically advanced materials, manufacturing and
marketing methods, we deliver our product direct from our optical
laboratory in the United States to you."

Not a bad resource, but still nearly 3X to get what I got from Zenni
optical - polycarbonate, anti-reflective coating, bifocal with memory
titanium frames. $45 which included shipping. Identical tinted pair was
$50 total. Zenni is located in California but glasses come from China.
They had another interesting process, not basing frames on your PD,
which is always needed, but a process where you could upload a picture
of yourself without glasses to see how you would look with their frames.

OTOH I have booked marked Peerless just in case.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I sell and service machines that are now manufactured in china.

I no longer care to sell them the quality varies continiously and the
chinese build parts have serious quality issues.

I loaned a older american buillt machine that for a variety of
reasons remained for 2 years. the customer wanted to buy a new machine
from me......... i refused to sell; far too much of a hassle too far
away. all calls would of been warranty issues. and a tough place to
visit - a GM assembly plant.

it took time to pick up my loaner, the customer ended up buying a unit
directly from the manufacturer.

he said your loaner didnt break once in 2 years, the brand new machine
has broke 6 times in 2 months I am getting good at fixing it

i said thats why i didnt sell you a new machine. they are made in
china.

I can get a better machine buyng a old junker on E Bay and rebuilding
it

did you know hershey foods moved nearly all candy production overseas?
much to brazil.....

thats why the economic recovery has been so poor, the super rich
republicans have gutted american manufacturing........

things are destined to get worse

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mr Bluesky" wrote in message
Why do you have to be so negative?

The Chinese factory workers live in *free* company owned dormitories and
get all the *free* fish heads and rice they can eat.

No more house payments, car payments, insurance or purchasing expensive
gasoline just to drive to work. They've got it made.

Rush says, we're supposed to compete with the Chinese. Why with all the
overhead like Worker's Comp and such, we have to eat less fish heads & rice
than the Chinese. Shame on the American worker who wants a living wage. We
need to turn this country into a Third World Nation to be competitive!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why don't ALL manufacturers move their factories to China?

One reason is how will the user manual be translated. Reading a
Chinese manual is like studying Japanese arithmetic.

You mean Chinglish manuals? Even worse than the older Japlish ones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"Hugh Jass" wrote in message

I would expect the rate of descent to increase as we near the bottom.

As more people lose their jobs to China, there will be fewer employed
people to buy domestic products which of course will trigger more plant
closings followed by more job losses. It's a never ending circle.

And you think the current alternative would be better??
Posted to alt.home.repair

"bob haller" wrote in message
thats why the economic recovery has been so poor, the super rich
republicans have gutted american manufacturing........

things are destined to get worse

The USA has so many stupid laws. Take for example, child labor laws.
There's no reason we shouldn't be able to put our 6 & 7 year olds to work
on assembly lines like the Chinese. Just think, if we did this, and got rid
of minimum wage, all of us could have more money. Heck, get rid of the
entitlement programs like SS, granny would have to sit in her wheelchair on
the line instead of her rocker collecting SS for which she paid into all
those years. If the EPA would step out of the way, companies could still be
dumping in rivers, we could have more rivers on fire like what happened in
Cleveland. Companies could save billions!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Monk" wrote in message ...
of minimum wage, all of us could have more money. Heck, get rid of the
entitlement programs like SS, granny would have to sit in her wheelchair
on the line instead of her rocker collecting SS for which she paid into
all those years.

Why do people call the SS an entitlement program ? It started out as a type
of forced 401K program. If you did not put money in it, you did not get
anything out of it. Then when there was a lot of money in it the
government could take it to get votes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I would have said that the regulation crazy Democrats are making it
impossible to do work in the USA. The Dems are the ones who have forced
business out of the USA.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"bob haller" wrote in message

thats why the economic recovery has been so poor, the super rich
republicans have gutted american manufacturing........

things are destined to get worse

Posted to alt.home.repair

And, all of that is included in cost of hiring the worker. So, it appears to
be free, but is really part of thier compensation.

Like the matching FICA in the US is part of the compensation.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Mr Bluesky" wrote in message
Why do you have to be so negative?

The Chinese factory workers live in *free* company owned dormitories and
get all the *free* fish heads and rice they can eat.

No more house payments, car payments, insurance or purchasing expensive
gasoline just to drive to work. They've got it made.

Posted to alt.home.repair

We could easily compete with the Chinese. It's the liberal Democrats that
make it too expensive to do business.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Monk" wrote in message ...

Rush says, we're supposed to compete with the Chinese. Why with all the
overhead like Worker's Comp and such, we have to eat less fish heads & rice
than the Chinese. Shame on the American worker who wants a living wage. We
need to turn this country into a Third World Nation to be competitive!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hugh Jass" wrote in message

I would expect the rate of descent to increase as we near the bottom.

As more people lose their jobs to China, there will be fewer employed
people to buy domestic products which of course will trigger more plant
closings followed by more job losses. It's a never ending circle.

And you think the current alternative would be better??

It *couldn't* be worse. BTW, what do you care. You're just another
Canuckistani?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 29, 5:18*pm, Mr Bluesky wrote:
On 4/29/2012 10:46 AM, Harvey Specter wrote:

On 4/29/2012 7:39 AM, HeyBub wrote:
"...Briggs& Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal
shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be
moved
to China."

At the present rate of descent, how much longer before China totally
owns the United States?

Will we become the United States of China?

Why do you have to be so negative?

The Chinese factory workers live in *free* company owned dormitories and
get all the *free* fish heads and rice they can eat.

No more house payments, car payments, insurance or purchasing expensive
gasoline just to drive to work. They've got it made.

Not knowing any better, they think they are in Nirvana.
That's why the Chinese gov. controls the internet.
The Chinese BTW are no longer communists.
They are where America is heading.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 29, 6:03*pm, Frank wrote:
On 4/29/2012 11:58 AM, Roy wrote:

[...]

Did you sue them too?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why don't ALL manufacturers move their factories to China?

One reason is how will the user manual be translated. Reading a
Chinese manual is like studying Japanese arithmetic.

What is studying Japanese arithmetic like?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 30, 1:49*am, bob haller wrote:
[...]

Sadly you are right.
The Chinese are where the Japanese were forty years ago.

It is kids leaving school I am sorry for.
**** education and no job prospect.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hugh Jass" wrote in message

I would expect the rate of descent to increase as we near the bottom.

As more people lose their jobs to China, there will be fewer employed
people to buy domestic products which of course will trigger more plant
closings followed by more job losses. It's a never ending circle.

And you think the current alternative would be better??

It *couldn't* be worse. *BTW, what do you care. *You're just another
Canuckistani

You only think that because you've never seen places where it IS
worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF8jUDzz5bE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HtDC...A5425642448C58
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 12:18 PM, Mr Bluesky wrote:

Why do you have to be so negative?

The Chinese factory workers live in *free* company owned dormitories and
get all the *free* fish heads and rice they can eat.

No more house payments, car payments, insurance or purchasing expensive
gasoline just to drive to work. They've got it made.

What happens if a worker doesn't make enough ipods every day? Are they
fired and evicted?

Or does the company firing squad just take an under-performing worker
out behind the factory and dispatch them?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 30, 5:34*am, Moe Gasser moe.gas...@flatulators-
anonymous.pffft wrote:
On 4/29/2012 12:18 PM, Mr Bluesky wrote:

Why do you have to be so negative?

The Chinese factory workers live in *free* company owned dormitories and
get all the *free* fish heads and rice they can eat.

No more house payments, car payments, insurance or purchasing expensive
gasoline just to drive to work. They've got it made.

What happens if a worker doesn't make enough ipods every day? Are they
fired and evicted?

Or does the company firing squad just take an under-performing worker
out behind the factory and dispatch them?

whatever method they use is the cheapest available with no gvernment
protections........
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Ralph Mowery" wrote:

"Monk" wrote in message ...
of minimum wage, all of us could have more money. Heck, get rid of the
entitlement programs like SS, granny would have to sit in her wheelchair
on the line instead of her rocker collecting SS for which she paid into
all those years.

Why do people call the SS an entitlement program ? It started out as a type
of forced 401K program. If you did not put money in it, you did not get
anything out of it. Then when there was a lot of money in it the
government could take it to get votes.

That last part is BS. ALL of the SS "surplus" was put in the only place
it could be legally, special non-marketable bonds. Every penny that was
put in those bonds is still there. There was NEVER any mechanism put in
place to pay those bonds back. If there had been, I might agree that the
government "spent it". But since there wasn't we are in exactly the same
place with SS that we would be in any other circumstance. Actually
worse since it effectively hid a very high percentage of the deficit
over the years.
Even during the Clinton "surplus", if you backed out the SS money
(only in Washington can you take a long term liability-- the SS bonds--
and count them as a short term asset-- the SS surplus) we haven't had a
single year of non-deficit spending since Nixon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 10:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I would have said that the regulation crazy Democrats are making it
impossible to do work in the USA. The Dems are the ones who have forced
business out of the USA.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

You are absolutely right. I can give concrete examples.
The fools will bring up things like, "would you want no speed limits,
stop signs or red lights on your road" to justify the truly irrational
rules that are chasing industry out of the USA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/30/2012 1:56 AM, harry wrote:
On Apr 29, 6:03 pm, wrote:
On 4/29/2012 11:58 AM, Roy wrote:

[...]

Actually I bought my first pair of Chinese glasses as a backup to the
$350 pair. Then, after a couple of years, the $350 pair popped a lens
somewhere and I could not find it. With cost of frames at $100, I
figured it might cost $125 to get a new lens so I bought new Chinese for
$45. There is no legal liability here.

The Ford law suit was over a thrown rod at 11 months into a 12 month
warranty. They replaced the head but needed to do the whole engine
which was the heart of the suit. Ford paid up without having to go to
court.

I'm not saying Chinese stuff is better and we all know some is junk.
I'm saying something cheaper at equal or better quality is something you
should go for. That's what the US business that buys glasses frames for
China is doing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
We could easily compete with the Chinese. It's the liberal Democrats that
make it too expensive to do business.

So, you're proud you want to compete with communism. Nice! I suppose you're
sitting there wrapped in an American flag, while typing that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 29, 6:03 pm, *wrote:
On 4/29/2012 11:58 AM, Roy wrote:

[...]

China is doing.- Hide quoted text -

Non-level playing field. The Chinese won't allow their currency to
float as well as having near slave labour.
Time to put taxes on imports until they rectify the matter.
But then the (republican) importers of this stuff wouldn't be able to
make any money.

All this stuff about "free trade" is ****.
What goods do the Chinese import from the West?
It's one way trade/money.
All they import is stolen ideas and technology.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why don't ALL manufacturers move their factories to China?

One reason is how will the user manual be translated. Reading a
Chinese manual is like studying Japanese arithmetic.

What is studying Japanese arithmetic like?

Way beyond your skill set