Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do they sell replacement netting for fishing nets?

I have a good solid handle with the ring made from aluminum. But the
net itself is dry rotted. I dont fish, so I dont know what is sold.
The net is used for catching pet rabbits, who refuse to be caught by
hand. But it wont catch anything anymore until it gets new netting.
Anyone know if they sell such a thing? Otherwise I guess we have to buy
the whole net. I'm also wondering about a basketball hoop net, and tie
the bottom shut, but the right thing is probably better. Not sure what
else could be used.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 20, 9:27*pm, wrote:
I have a good solid handle with the ring made from aluminum. *But the
net itself is dry rotted. *I dont fish, so I dont know what is sold.
The net is used for catching pet rabbits, who refuse to be caught by
hand. *But it wont catch anything anymore until it gets new netting.
Anyone know if they sell such a thing? *Otherwise I guess we have to buy
the whole net. *I'm also wondering about a basketball hoop net, and tie
the bottom shut, but the right thing is probably better. Not sure what
else could be used.

What about the netting for a soccer goal?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I have a good solid handle with the ring made from aluminum. But the
net itself is dry rotted. I dont fish, so I dont know what is sold.
The net is used for catching pet rabbits, who refuse to be caught by
hand. But it wont catch anything anymore until it gets new netting.
Anyone know if they sell such a thing?

Larger fishing tackle stores sell replacement nets, and so do
mail order houses e.g. Cabela's. Look for "landing net."

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 20, 2012 10:27:49 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
I have a good solid handle with the ring made from aluminum. But the
net itself is dry rotted. I dont fish, so I dont know what is sold.
The net is used for catching pet rabbits, who refuse to be caught by
hand. But it wont catch anything anymore until it gets new netting.
Anyone know if they sell such a thing? Otherwise I guess we have to buy
the whole net. I'm also wondering about a basketball hoop net, and tie
the bottom shut, but the right thing is probably better. Not sure what
else could be used.

Probably, but when you find out how difficult it is to find a replacement net, and how much it will cost compared to a new net, you will decide to throw the old net away and purchase a new one.

Before you start wailing and moaning about our "throw away society" again, think about it... 99.99% of these nets will never be used enough to wear them out. They are bought on impulse by people who think it would be "cool" to take up fishing. They end up hung in the garage and forgotten about. Demand for replacement parts is almost nil. It would cost the company MORE to have a parts distribution network than they'd get back in parts sales.

That said, why don't you write the manufacturer a nice note and see if they'll send you a replacement net under warranty?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 23, 11:53*am, wrote:
[...]

Just don"t tell them that you're catching rabbits with it! That
purpose might not be covered. ;-)

Heavy Netting source robgraham UK diy 13 April 19th 10 07:27 PM
Wire netting and strimmers, what do others do? [email protected] UK diy 6 June 16th 09 12:20 AM
mosquito netting? N8N Home Repair 7 August 25th 08 11:36 PM
DIY Fly Nets Anyone!? [email protected] UK diy 6 October 11th 05 06:06 PM