Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Do they sell replacement netting for fishing nets?

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 20:28:22 -0700, hr(bob) wrote:

On Apr 20, 9:27Â*pm, wrote:
I have a good solid handle with the ring made from aluminum. Â*But the
net itself is dry rotted. Â*I dont fish, so I dont know what is sold.
The net is used for catching pet rabbits, who refuse to be caught by
hand. Â*But it wont catch anything anymore until it gets new netting.
Anyone know if they sell such a thing? Â*Otherwise I guess we have to
buy the whole net. Â*I'm also wondering about a basketball hoop net, and
tie the bottom shut, but the right thing is probably better. Not sure
what else could be used.

What about the netting for a soccer goal?

Probably the holes are too big for what the OP needs; I went through that
process backwards a year or two ago (I wanted to make some goals in the
back yard for the kids and thought I might be able to get some fishing
net) - the fishing net stuff typically had holes that were quite a bit
smaller than soccer goal netting.

cheers

Jules