Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement wall repair

Anybody have cracks in a poured basement wall repaired by an injection
system? I'd appreciate any observations pro or con.

Thanks,

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 22:51:31 -0400, "NapalmHeart"
wrote:

Anybody have cracks in a poured basement wall repaired by an injection
system? I'd appreciate any observations pro or con.

Thanks,

Ken

Had it done on my daughter's townhouse and it did the job. A heck of a
lot easier and cheaper than digging down and repairing it from
outside, easier than chiseling out the crack and filling it with
hydraulic cement - both of which I have done in the past.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 12:00:36 -0400, John wrote:

Only $1000 for a dry basement? You hit the lottery.

Wasn't that bad, just few little streams that ran to the floor drain.
The streams would take different course depending on how bad it was
coming in.
Except for the pipe, which had crumbling hydraulic cement and was the
worst leak, the cracks were really small, maybe 1/16" max.
It kept us from keeping stuff on the floor in about 1/4 of the
basement. Just not right.
Only a few times a year, when the ground got really saturated.
Didn't start until we were here about 5 years, but the walls were
poured in 1959 I think. We lived with it for about 3 years, because I
put off tackling it myself. Then felt guilty about it.
I looked at it as a $950 expense, and I could afford it.
Wiped away all guilt and thinking about it.
Once I knew about the guarantee and the guy came out and gave me the
cost, it was all over.
That's the best part of hiring stuff done by pros. You can forget
about it.
They did some chisel work, and injected something in the cracks with
hand powered injectors, and putty knifed the same stuff over the
entire cracks. The cosmetics are bad, but don't bother me.
It's another thing I didn't have to learn about to use once.
All I know is it's really hard stuff, and looks like shiny gray
plastic. Even a razor knife hardly touches it.
Two guys, about 3 hours. They did well, and so did I.
But it was a good job on the initial pour, and that's the main reason
it wasn't costly to fix. I hit the lottery when I bought the house.
First one I ever looked at where I liked all the materials and
workmanship.

--
Vic