Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Basement wall repair

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 21:38:36 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 22:51:31 -0400, "NapalmHeart"
wrote:

Anybody have cracks in a poured basement wall repaired by an injection
system? I'd appreciate any observations pro or con.

Thanks,

Ken

Had it done on my daughter's townhouse and it did the job. A heck of a
lot easier and cheaper than digging down and repairing it from
outside, easier than chiseling out the crack and filling it with
hydraulic cement - both of which I have done in the past.

Yes. Had mine done by U.S Waterproofing after a work mate told me
they stood by their guarantee on work 20 years after they did it for
him.
Poured basement walls had 2 cracks and a through the wall sewer
cleanout pipe that would leak when the ground got saturated.
Cost $950 to fix them all, including a 3rd crack found by one of the
guys doing the work.
Four years ago, and no leaks.
Didn't like the price much, but glad I did it.
A dry basement is very nice.

--

Vic