Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning stove top

I have a gas stove that gets baked on stains around one of the burners
(the one that's used most for frying). I have tried Fantastik, 409, and
Magic Erasers and I still can't get all of the stain off. Is there
anything SAFE that will dissolve the stain?

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

---MIKE--- wrote:
I have a gas stove that gets baked on stains around one of the burners
(the one that's used most for frying). I have tried Fantastik, 409,
and Magic Erasers and I still can't get all of the stain off. Is
there anything SAFE that will dissolve the stain?

What is the stain on? Yeah, I know, the stove but is the stain on iron,
glass, stainless steel, paint...?

About the easiest thing as long as there is no paint is lye; can of Easy Off
should do it.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 7, 1:59*pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
---MIKE--- wrote:
I have a gas stove that gets baked on stains around one of the burners
(the one that's used most for frying). *I have tried Fantastik, 409,
and Magic Erasers and I still can't get all of the stain off. *Is
there anything SAFE that will dissolve the stain?

What is the stain on? *Yeah, I know, the stove but is the stain on iron,
glass, stainless steel, paint...?

About the easiest thing as long as there is no paint is lye; can of Easy Off
should do it.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

I used Easy-Off all over my rental unit stove and it worked just fine,
got crud off down to the porcelain finish on the top of the stove as
well as inside the oven and the drawer below the oven also.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I have a gas stove that gets baked on stains around one of the burners
(the one that's used most for frying). I have tried Fantastik, 409, and
Magic Erasers and I still can't get all of the stain off. Is there
anything SAFE that will dissolve the stain?

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

If it is porcelain, and it's not too bad, and is still smooth, I use a
single bladed razor blade on my porcelain enameled Bosch. Spray with some
409 or Mean and Green, or whatever I got, let it sit, then carefully scrape.
A little scour pad after that, or some steel wool. Just go slow and take it
easy.

Steve