Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For all you morons that use google-groups to post to usenet

On Mar 31, 10:45*am, Home Guy wrote:
Duesenberg wrote:
What do you recommend for Ipad users?

I recommend that they get out of their walled garden and get a
real computer.

Short of that, if you're saying that there is no real usenet
(NNTP) client available for the iPad, then that's a real
deficiency for something that claims to be a portable
computer.

I didn't say there were no real usenet clients/apps available.
When did I type or say that were not?

You have reading comprehension problem - don't you?

I DID NOT SAY that YOU SAID there were no clients/apps available.

I said that *IF* YOU'RE SAYING THERE ARE NONE AVAILABLE, then that's a
real deficiency for something that claims to be a portable computer.

I have no idea what apps are available for ANY iSlave device because I
don't own nor have ever owned nor ever intend to own any Crapple
product.

Yeah because usenet is a growth "social networking" forum so
the lack of nntp support by tablet makers is a real
deficiency.

That's typical of iSlave owners.

It's ok if my iSlave device doesn't have this port or that
functionality, because if it doesn't have it it must obviously be
something I don't need.

And you bash usenet even though you're obviously a usenet participant.

I simply asked what do you recommend for Ipad users because
the tone of your posting in this thread infers you are an
expert at many things "usenet". I thought you might be a
good person to ask this sort of question.

Ordinarily that would be true. *I've been reading and posting to usenet
since 1988.

I would have thought that since there are 100 bazillion apps available
for the iSlave, and since the iSlave is soooo easy to use, and the
iStore where these apps flow from is so plentiful, that (a) there would
be at least 1 nntp client app for the iSlave, and (2) said app should be
easy to obtain.

Now, if a real nntp client app violates the premis of the Crapple walled
garden, then I can see why there might not be one available.

And not everyone has the space or the means or the desire or
the career to have a real computer. *A salesman on the road
may want to take an hour break between meetings and is he
supposed to set-up his PC so he can read some usenet postings
at starbucks?

The free nntp server nntp.aioe.org works from anywhere in the world,
regardless what your internet connection is, and it does not require
authentication or a user account. *Other free nntp servers also work
from anywhere in the world, but do require that you have an account
(which you can get by setting up a throw-away e-mail account on a server
like hushmail).

There are vast limitations to having a PC.

There are netbooks the size of the iPad and they can do far more because
of their connectivity (ports) and because of the wealth of free and paid
software and have none of the walled-garden handicaps and prohibitions
and requirements (itunes) of iSlave devices.

I enjoy PCs and prefer them every time and enjoy building
them and modifying them, but tablets and smartphones are
outselling PCs

That's because most people are complete morons when it comes to owning a
desktop or laptop PC - and Microsoft doesn't make it any easier with
complexity and bloat that comes with each new version of Windoze.

I for one will never be drawn to small hand-held computing devices with
touch-screen interfaces because of the ergonomic constraints needed to
operate them. *Call me old fashioned,

I have a better term: ignorant elitist.

This comment brought to you courtesy of GoogleGroups.

but typing at a full-sized
keyboard while looking at a 19" monitor located 24" from my eyes is what
I find comfortable to do. *And using a proper pointing device to
manipulate and use my computer, navigate it's file structure, etc, is
something I must be able to do.

And when you combine that with the fact that you don't really own your
iSlave device (Crapple really owns it and dictates what you can and
can't do with it because of the control they exert over it even when
it's in your own hands) then that's why I look down and scowl at the
whole Crapple ecosystem and how they've brainwashed so many people into
accepting that this is the future of computing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If internet browsing is a way to keep them at their desks, then they
apparently do not have enough work to do, or are not doing the work they
have to do.

I may disagree a little with this thought.

I was a welder for a bandsaw blade company for 8 years. Orders often
came in the afternoon in a rush. There were many if not most mornings
where for 4 hours I had no blades to weld because nobody would order
before lunch.

Of course it was poor business to tell people that they can't have
blades in the morning if they were in a rush so my boss paid me many a
day to sit and wait for the odd morning order. Since I was the only guy
that welded blades he always wanted me available at the shop, just in
case. And he was willing to pay me for that and the customers rewarded
him (and me) in the end. But sometimes it was just palin boring and
mind numbing sweeping the floors, just waiting for the fax machine to
spit out an order.

Fireman are like that. Paid to wait to be called, and hopefully they
never get called cause when a fireman is asked to work, somebody is
either losing a life or a home and that's not good.
Posted to alt.home.repair

And you bash usenet even though you're obviously a usenet participant.

I'm bashing usenet? I think not.

I like usenet and use a traditional PC and usenet software to access it.

Not bashing usenet, just simply saying it's market is incredibly small
for $500 Billion market cap companies to worry about.

Your whole tone and thread and responses are simply about bashing people
that don't use the same rigid communication means that you decide to use.

You are not helping anybody with your bashing, you are simply making fun
of people because they choose different paths to communicate and share
ideas than you do. And it's that type of posting that chases people
away from usenet faster than Google screwing up on a routine basis
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote:
Duesenberg wrote:

[...]

operate them. Call me old fashioned, but typing at a full-sized
keyboard while looking at a 19" monitor located 24" from my eyes is what
I find comfortable to do. And using a proper pointing device to
manipulate and use my computer, navigate it's file structure, etc, is
something I must be able to do.

And when you combine that with the fact that you don't really own your
iSlave device (Crapple really owns it and dictates what you can and
can't do with it because of the control they exert over it even when
it's in your own hands) then that's why I look down and scowl at the
whole Crapple ecosystem and how they've brainwashed so many people into
accepting that this is the future of computing.

Sent from my iPad, lying on couch, looking up. Try that on your keyboard.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 08:29:30 -0400, Duesenberg wrote:

What do you recommend for Ipad users?

There's an app for that.

NewsTap (Usenet Newsreader)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/newstap-usenet-newsreader/id292410356?mt=8

....This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:57:10 -0400, Duesenberg wrote:

[...]

Good examples, but pretty unusual.
My son is a mechanic, and when it's slow the guys in his shop goof off
on the net. It's all up to what management tolerates.
Hell, I had one job as a heat treater on the carburizer crew at IH
where I slept a couple hours each shift. On a big chair with my feet
propped on a machinist's chest.
My foremen often tapped my shoulder to wake me up when passing out
paychecks.
Of course these aren't desk workers.
I was a desk worker for years, and to me going on the internet at work
was goofing off. I didn't do it.
Same with reading the newspaper at my desk.
I always found work that I was paid for to do. Paid very well.
Some of my managers thought differently, and browsed the net, bought
and sold stuff on eBay, etc., at work.
Even then, there's desk work and there's desk work.
Some at a desk can only do their work in spurts.
It's all up to management, job demand, and/or personal ethics.

--Vic
Posted to alt.home.repair

And when you combine that with the fact that you don't really own your
iSlave device (Crapple really owns it and dictates what you can and
can't do with it because of the control they exert over it even when
it's in your own hands) then that's why I look down and scowl at the
whole Crapple ecosystem and how they've brainwashed so many people into
accepting that this is the future of computing.

Sent from my iPad, lying on couch, looking up. Try that on your keyboard.

Greg

I take a cabinet making/fine woodworking course one evening a week at a
community college.

While surfing on the internet looking for ideas on how to make
professional looking raised panel doors i came across a youtube video
that offered a different approach using a table saw to shape the panels,
rather than the router.

So I showed the video to my instructor and asked if the youtube method
was faster, more accurate and lest wasteful for my project (16 doors in
all). The doors are to be used in my own home so I wanted to make the
best I could within my abilities.

He said the tablesaw method was indeed more accurate but that I need
more safety precautions so using the video on the Ipad we went step by
step with the video, right at the saw. Simply a better way to learn
than reading the textbook that offers very few pictures.

Good thing I didn't have to lug in the PC. Wouldn't have been allowed
at the table saw
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On 03/30/12 10:14 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Ron wrote:

Are we really gonna have ANOTHER discussion on why people LIKE to
use GG? WTF does it matter HOW someone post to Usenet?

Maybe it matters because google has been screwing up more and more
frequently you twit.

If it's a horrible way to experience usenet *AND* its basic
post-distribution system is broken then maybe you can see why it
deserves to be bashed.

The difference is that in this case you bashed the *users* not the
product by calling them morons.

What's that saying about the pot and the kettle?

he's still canadian and will do anything for attention?

Posted to alt.home.repair

notbob wrote in
:

"censorship" when it's individual choice to see or not see something

"Censorship is the suppression of speech or other public
communication...." --wiki

BY THE GOVERNMENT. That part is critical.

Private citizens cannot interfere with communication by others unless it's
on their own property, or property they control -- such as expelling a
foul-mouthed or politically-motivated customer from your store.

/That/ is exercise of your rights to ownership and use of your private
property.

Otherwise, the only way private citizens can interfere with speech by
others is if they appeal to the government's legislative and enforcement
arms to do it -- such as getting a law passed preventing certain opponents
from putting up advertising that opposes your bid for election to public
office.

/That/ is "censorship".

I'm not suppressing anything, merely choosing not to read it. No
different than walking past a newspaper stand and not purchasing a
newpaper. I have prevented no one from saying or printing anything.

Correct. Therefore your killfiling of GG posters is not, and cannot be,
"censorship".

--
Tegger

Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz used improper usenet message composition style by unnecessarily
full-quoting:

Sent from my iPad, lying on couch, looking up. Try that on your
keyboard.

Yes, I noticed that it was too hard for you to trim your post and
instead you ended up simply full-quoting my entire post to simply add 1
single line to the end.

Sent from my iPad, lying on couch,

If I'm lying on my couch, I'm either sleeping - or watching TV.

If I really wanted to read/post to usenet while reclined on my couch
(which I never do), I'd whip out my 4-year-old, $250 HP mini-note 2133.

For those asking what to use to read news on an ipad - gregz just gave
you an idea.

Apparently it will set you back $4.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Duesenberg wrote:

Good thing I didn't have to lug in the PC. Wouldn't have been
allowed at the table saw

Yea. We'll all have to use the ipad for stuff like that.

Until someone invents something called a "laptop" computer. With a
screen that can hold itself vertical at any angle you want. And
sometimes with a really nice large 14" or 17" screen that you can see
clearly from a good working distance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2012 11:22 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 08:29:30 -0400, wrote:

What do you recommend for Ipad users?

There's an app for that.

NewsTap (Usenet Newsreader)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/newstap-usenet-newsreader/id292410356?mt=8

...This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad

This threads getting old - there's a nap for that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tegger wrote:

Therefore your killfiling of GG posters is not, and cannot be,
"censorship".

It's self-censorship.

Choosing not to read a post is normal.

Configuring your news reader so that you have no awareness of what
you're choosing to ignore is self censorhip.

This is a pictoral representation:

http://www.mycommunityworks.com/Evol.../Ostrich10.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

Duesenberg wrote:

And you bash usenet even though you're obviously a usenet
participant.

I'm bashing usenet? I think not.

I think so.

You said this:

=========
Yeah because usenet is a growth "social networking" forum so the lack of
nntp support by tablet makers is a real deficiency. Why market facebook
or tumbler or twitter or pinterest connectivity when they can just stick
to usenet.
=========

You're trying to say that proper usenet client support on today's
hand-held computers is not necessarily to be expected, because (as you
so sarcastically say above) usenet is a depreciated communications
method or medium.

In other words, you are bashing usenet by coming to such a conclusion.

Not bashing usenet, just simply saying it's market is incredibly
small for $500 Billion market cap companies to worry about.

For one thing, unless you or I dig for the details, there are still
quite a few posts being made to usenet. Sometimes people are doing so
though web forums that are thinly-disguised usenet access portals.

Second thing, the vast majority of iSlave apps are (as I understand it)
- free. Possibly with many of those developed and offered as a hobby by
some. In which case - market dynamics and market size would not
necessarily dictate or predict the availablity of a given app.

But we know there is at least 1 usenet client app (see previous post).
And it is offered for $4, so someone thinks there is a "market" for an
iSlave usenet app.

Your whole tone and thread and responses are simply about bashing
people that don't use the same rigid communication means that you
decide to use.

I am not alone in berating those that continue to use google-gropes to
participate in usenet when alternatives are pointed out to them.

You are not helping anybody with your bashing, you are simply
making fun of people because they choose different paths to
communicate and share ideas than you do.

You will note that those people are now trapped in their own little
google world.

They are posting messages in this thread that the rest of the usenet
world is not seeing.

Do you think this is a good situation for them?

Would you rather we just feel sorry for them?

Instead of cajoling them to do better for themselves?

And it's that type of posting that chases people away from
usenet faster than Google screwing up on a routine basis

I berate them while informing them of their options. I DO NOT endorse
kill-filing them like some other klowns here do.

And I garantee that if they DO NOT seek out the proper (and more
ergonomic) way to access usenet (with a proper client) then THEY WILL
abandon usenet as google's service continues to deteriorate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote in :

Tegger wrote:

Therefore your killfiling of GG posters is not, and cannot be,
"censorship".

It's self-censorship.

Not the same thing at all. "Censoring" yourself is like stealing from
yourself: It can't be done.

The word you're looking for is "discrimination".

Choosing not to read a post is normal.

Configuring your news reader so that you have no awareness of what
you're choosing to ignore is self censorhip.

Censorship is something that is done to others, not something that is done
to yourself. It's like the difference between murder and suicide.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

I use an NNTP client but I can't figure out what google means by 'google
groups'.

There is no such thing as a 'google group' (or is there?).

This, for example, is posted to a USENET group (or a USENET newsgroup) -
but what does google mean by "google groups"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/31/2012 03:48 PM, Martin C. wrote:
I use an NNTP client but I can't figure out what google means by 'google
groups'.

There is no such thing as a 'google group' (or is there?).

This, for example, is posted to a USENET group (or a USENET newsgroup) -
but what does google mean by "google groups"?

The googs provides an interface to Usenet, and you can get an account
there if you like (or if you have a gmail account, you already have one
most likely)

http://groups.google.com/

I have used it in the past; it's handy when you are on a computer that
you can't/are too lazy to configure your nntp information on.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Duesenberg" wrote in message

stuff snipped

so you are not helping at all

That about sums it up perfectly for HomeGuy. He's part of a very specific
class of people/usenet posters whose sole purpose in life seems to be to
tell everyone else that what they're doing is wrong. Most people
participate in Usenet to learn, share ideas and help their fellow humans.
But more than a few post to Usenet to fill in the huge, gaping holes in
their massive egos.

People often behave like this because they are insecure and need to feel
superior to people. The obvious clue in this case is the use of the word
"moron." It's basically a cry for attention. "Look at how much smarter I
am then everyone else!" What they're really saying is "look at me, I want
to be the center of attention so badly and I'll even behave rudely to
achieve it!" It seems pathetic to me that someone would chose to achieve
notoriety by revealing their insecurity so nakedly.

The only way they can feel good about themselves is by trying to tear other
people down. Since HomeGuy doesn't use Google, it's really no skin off his
nose if anyone else does. What's important to him is to draw attention to
himself in a way that makes him feel smarter than anyone else. But
"feeling" smart and "being" smart are two very different things that people
who aren't *really* smart readily confuse. A truly intelligent person could
instantly see that trying to be smart by acting dumb is a really poor and
ultimately self-defeating strategy.

It's too bad that HomeGuy's actions tend to make people think negatively
about our northern neighbors.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote:
gregz used improper usenet message composition style by unnecessarily
full-quoting:

Sent from my iPad, lying on couch, looking up. Try that on your
keyboard.

Yes, I noticed that it was too hard for you to trim your post and
instead you ended up simply full-quoting my entire post to simply add 1
single line to the end.

Sent from my iPad, lying on couch,

If I'm lying on my couch, I'm either sleeping - or watching TV.

If I really wanted to read/post to usenet while reclined on my couch
(which I never do), I'd whip out my 4-year-old, $250 HP mini-note 2133.

For those asking what to use to read news on an ipad - gregz just gave
you an idea.

Apparently it will set you back $4.

It works pretty good. It does a lot more than my old pc favorite,
newsXpress.
It's a little tricky to trim, but I rarely trim.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Martin C." wrote:
I use an NNTP client but I can't figure out what google means by 'google
groups'.

There is no such thing as a 'google group' (or is there?).

This, for example, is posted to a USENET group (or a USENET newsgroup) -
but what does google mean by "google groups"?

Google groups include Usenet, AND other ones only google does. You can set
up your own group I guess.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2012 1:07 PM, Tegger wrote:
Home wrote in :

Tegger wrote:

Therefore your killfiling of GG posters is not, and cannot be,
"censorship".

It's self-censorship.

Not the same thing at all. "Censoring" yourself is like stealing from
yourself: It can't be done.

The word you're looking for is "discrimination".

Choosing not to read a post is normal.

Configuring your news reader so that you have no awareness of what
you're choosing to ignore is self censorhip.

Censorship is something that is done to others, not something that is done
to yourself. It's like the difference between murder and suicide.

I censor myself all the time, especially when I have to deal with
Affirmative Action moron government employees. I don't scream
obscenities at them, I don't yell racial slurs at them and I don't
try to insult them anymore because if I call them asinine, they think
I'm referring to the size of their backsides. I must censor myself. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2012 2:52 PM, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I have to make a pun, HomeGuy is my polar opposite. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/31/12 1:47 PM, Home Guy wrote:
....Snip...

I am not alone in berating those that continue to use google-gropes to
participate in usenet when alternatives are pointed out to them.

You are not helping anybody with your bashing, you are simply
making fun of people because they choose different paths to
communicate and share ideas than you do.

You will note that those people are now trapped in their own little
google world.

They are posting messages in this thread that the rest of the usenet
world is not seeing.

Do you think this is a good situation for them?

Would you rather we just feel sorry for them?

Instead of cajoling them to do better for themselves?

Yet you never seem to acknowledge the fact that there are situations
where the only choice is GG, such as locked down corporate machines
where a nntp client can not be installed.

Arguing that the user shouldn't be using a locked down corporate machine
to access usenet is a different argument.

If we restrict the argument to GG vs. a nntp client, then GG is indeed a
"good situation for them" since it at least give them access to usenet.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 1:52:40 PM UTC-6, Robert Green wrote:
[...]

I agree...its a thinly disguised attack on us...your friendly northern neighbours many of whom are related to yo'all.
==
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Green wrote:
[...]

I think the word you're looking for is *troll*g

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

On 3/31/2012 1:07 PM, Tegger wrote:

Censorship is something that is done to others, not something that is
done to yourself. It's like the difference between murder and
suicide.

I censor myself all the time, especially when I have to deal with
Affirmative Action moron government employees. I don't scream
obscenities at them, I don't yell racial slurs at them and I don't
try to insult them anymore because if I call them asinine, they think
I'm referring to the size of their backsides. I must censor myself.
^_^

While very cens-ible, your conduct is not "censorship": It is properly
described as "self control". Which is admirable when exercised in the face
of obvious morons.

BTW, being described as a "moron" is actually a sort of compliment. On the
mental-retardation scale, "moron" is the most intelligent of the lot, with
"idiot" and "imbecile" being lower than "moron".

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Martin C." wrote:

I can't figure out what google means by 'google groups'.

There is no such thing as a 'google group' (or is there?).

When google bought deja about 10 years ago, they rebranded it as "google
groups" and ****ed up the search interface and over-all functionaliy a
little bit at a time ever since.

They added some sort of ability for users to create their own form of
*******ized "groups" (intially heavily used by spammers) and lumped
those groups in with real usenet groups and continued to call the whole
thing - "google groups". These *******ized groups don't propagate to
the outside world - they technically don't conform to nntp or usenet
standards.

When we speak of "google groups" - we are talking about google's usenet
server and the web-based interface they operate through which users can
search, read and post to usenet. Many of the search results are
polluted with results pointing to google's *******-groups.

http://groups.google.com/

You will see on that page, as well as this one:

http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&

That there is absolutely no mention of "usenet".
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 5:06:10 PM UTC-6, Home Guy wrote:
"Martin C." wrote:

[...]

Standards change don't you know?
Are you a dinosaur?
==

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For all you Masters that use google-groups to post to usenet

On Mar 30, 5:52*pm, Home Guy wrote:
Just thought that you might want to know that since Tuesday this week,
all of you Klowns (that don't know how to use a proper usenet client
paired with any two-bit REAL usenet server) that if you use
google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet, that your posts
haven't been leaving the google server and hence all the rest of us that
use REAL NNTP servers haven't been seeing your posts.

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this - we
won't see it.

PLEASE HOME GAY....THIS POST OF YOURS IS AS WISE-ASS AS THEY COME.
AND ALL ONE NEEDS TO DO IS TAG YOUR POST AND YOUR SERVER WILL PRODUCE
IT.
STOP YOUR WHINING, YOU GOOGLEIST !

BOOWAHAHAHA!

YOU CAN THANK THE WISE-ASS UNIVERSITY STUDENTS OF THE COMPUTER LAB AND
THE BLINDED ASSMINISTRATOR THAT CARRIED THE ORIGINAL USENET SERVER
FROM INCEPTION RIGHT INTO THE GROUND.

GOOGLE BOUGHT THE SCRAPS THAT REMAINED WHEN THE ALMA MATER DECIDED TO
CLOSE IT OUT OF EMBARRASMENT.........I'LL,GIVE THEM ONE THING...

THEY GAVE AN ENTIRE NEW MEANING TO AGGRAVATED HARASSMENT.
THE FOOLS....THEY THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY UNTIL WE HANDED THEIR MALIGNED
DISRESPECTFUL GANGED UP ASSES BACK TO THEM. 101010 HAHA !
BOOWAHAHAHAHAHA (:0)

BYE BYE !

TGITM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yet you never seem to acknowledge the fact that there are situations
where the only choice is GG, such as locked down corporate machines
where a nntp client can not be installed.

Arguing that the user shouldn't be using a locked down corporate machine
to access usenet is a different argument.

If we restrict the argument to GG vs. a nntp client, then GG is indeed a
"good situation for them" since it at least give them access to usenet.

It's the "something is better than nothing scenario".

I've had to use google groups from work for this particular group
because I've eagerly awaited an answer to a repair question I've asked.
I've also used google groups to search up old threads to get answers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's too bad that HomeGuy's actions tend to make people think negatively
about our northern neighbors.

--
Bobby G.

I'm one of your northern neighbours and it ticks me off when people like
Harry and Home Guy come into a group that is majority American and
instead of discussing home repair ideas and topics, post topics that are
meant to demean and bash of Americans.

Now teasing and playful ribbing is okay but the continuous snubbing over
non home repair topics is just tiring.

That's what the alt.flame and alt.politics groups are for.

Now Don Rickles: He made a career out of demeaning his audience, but
that's what you expect from a Don Rickles show. You pay for that
privilege. You don't expect it from a home repair forum.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2012 7:11 PM, Duesenberg wrote:

It's too bad that HomeGuy's actions tend to make people think negatively
about our northern neighbors.

--
Bobby G.

I'm one of your northern neighbours and it ticks me off when people
like Harry and Home Guy come into a group that is majority American
and instead of discussing home repair ideas and topics, post topics
that are meant to demean and bash of Americans.

Now teasing and playful ribbing is okay but the continuous snubbing
over non home repair topics is just tiring.

That's what the alt.flame and alt.politics groups are for.

Now Don Rickles: He made a career out of demeaning his audience, but
that's what you expect from a Don Rickles show. You pay for that
privilege. You don't expect it from a home repair forum.

You must be new here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2012 5:28 PM, Tegger wrote:
The Daring wrote in
:

[...]

I always thought they should be called less-ons not more-ons because the
light in there is a fairly dim bulb. "Hey pall, who turned your
dimmer down?", naaa, I don't think they would grok the insult. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

gregz used his keyboard to write :
accepting that this is the future of computing.

Sent from my iPad, lying on couch, looking up. Try that on your keyboard.

Or from anywhere that doesn't have wifi.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Home Guy expressed precisely :

Apparently it will set you back $4.

Less than the price of a value meal at fast food joint.

Then again, you are a cheapass.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

on 3/31/2012, Home Guy supposed :
Duesenberg wrote:

I enjoy PCs and prefer them every time and enjoy building
them and modifying them, but tablets and smartphones are
outselling PCs

That's because most people are complete morons when it comes to owning a
desktop or laptop PC - and Microsoft doesn't make it any easier with
complexity and bloat that comes with each new version of Windoze.

I for one will never be drawn to small hand-held computing devices with
touch-screen interfaces because of the ergonomic constraints needed to
operate them. Call me old fashioned,

Considering that you are using Windows 95 and don't own a cell
phone.............

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

After serious thinking Home Guy wrote :
Duesenberg wrote:

You are not helping anybody with your bashing, you are simply
making fun of people because they choose different paths to
communicate and share ideas than you do.

You will note that those people are now trapped in their own little
google world.

Ummmmm, I use GG 95% of the time and I'm not "trapped" anywhere.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Duesenberg formulated the question :

It's too bad that HomeGuy's actions tend to make people think negatively
about our northern neighbors.

--
Bobby G.

I'm one of your northern neighbours and it ticks me off when people like
Harry and Home Guy come into a group that is majority American and instead of
discussing home repair ideas and topics, post topics that are meant to demean
and bash of Americans.

"Home Guy" is only nice when he wants something. He reminds me of my
ex-wife. :|